The Official Randy Pole...er I mean Poll

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss-to-Packers Rumors Picking Up Steam

Posted Mar 13th 2007 12:56PM by Michael David Smith
Filed under: Packers, Patriots, Raiders, NFL Gossip, NFL Rumors
Those rumors about Raiders receiver Randy Moss going to the Patriots seem far-fetched, but the rumors that he'll join Packers are looking increasingly likely. Reports say Packers general manager Ted Thompson is outlining how the Packers might pull off such a trade with the Raiders and team management is meeting today to discuss a potential trade.

And now I've heard from one source who says there's a growing belief in Green Bay that the trade is a done deal, and that the Packers and the Raiders have already worked out the parameters of the trade. The Packers want to talk to Moss's agent about restructuring his contract, but it sounds like this could happen soon.

At the same time, we're still putting this in the "NFL Gossip" and "NFL Rumors" sections of FanHouse for a reason -- there are a lot of details involved in trading a player with a huge contract like Moss, and if any one of those details hits a snag, the trade won't happen. But Moss leaving Oakland for Green Bay looks more likely than ever before.

UPDATE: The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that contrary to previous reports, backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers would not be part of the deal, but that defensive linemen Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila and Corey Williams could be.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Full Moon in Green Bay: Moss to Packers Picks Up Steam

Posted Feb 28th 2007 2:33PM by Dan Benton
Filed under: Packers, NFC North, NFL Rumors
The very man who once mooned Green Bay Packers fan may soon be donning the green and gold. This afternoon on Sirius radio they announced that the Randy Moss to Green Bay rumors are picking up steam. They claimed the Packers are very interesting in acquiring Moss if they could get him to restructure, but no potential return was mentioned.

A lot of people refer to Moss as a "cancer" but I tend to disagree. Moss is actually the least troublesome receiver on the Raiders at the moment and he's grown up a lot since his Vikings days. I think Brett Favre would be a calming influence on him and it would result in one hell of a deadly combination.

Without offering something obscene, I think the Packers should do whatever it takes to bring Moss to Green Bay. A healthy and semi-mobile Brett Favre could have a field day with a play-maker like Randy Moss. Not only would it satisfy Moss' taste for being the "go-to guy," it may also add another year or two onto Favre's career.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=188664

'does this seem odd that this paper is saying almost same thing as Raider...Now is it they are just using Raiders post, or have another contact with same info?

~~~~~~~~~

For those holding out hope that the Patriots [team stats]’ plans to revamp the wide receiver position included trading for Randy Moss, we have some bad news for you.

A source in Wisconsin said today that the Packers and Raiders are on the verge of announcing a trade that would send the troubled receiver to Green Bay in exchange for backup quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

There are expected to be other particulars in the deal. According to the source, Green Bay would also give up a seventh-round pick in 2008, while the Packers would receive Raiders tight end Courtney Anderson as part of the deal.

The Packers would also receive a conditional pick from the Raiders in the 2009 draft which would be based on Rodgers’ production in Oakland the next two seasons.

The source indicated that Moss has agreed to restructure his contract, which calls for $20 million in base salary the next two years. Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre are said to have been talking on the phone throughout the process. Press conferences could be held as early as Friday.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Dislike Moss as I may... and not for the mooning incident, I find myself excited to see this deal go down. If Farve and Moss are really talking then I somehow think it will be successful for at least one season...

RP .. Nice post early on... almost to the T on the post...

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the Randy Moss talk is a hoax. It will not happen.

A lot of people acted as the Martians were coming when the War of the Worlds story was broadcast. It did not make it true.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

A lot of people acted as the Martians were coming when the War of the Worlds story was broadcast. It did not make it true.

why do you feel this way?

OP
OP
P

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You're absolutely right Cali. But let me ask you, did the Boston Herald report that the Martians were coming, according to thier source?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score

Would this be the motive?

WOULD MOSS TRADE OPEN DOOR FOR JOHNSON?

If, as now seems likely, the Oakland Raiders ship receiver Randy Moss to Green Bay in exchange for quarterback Aaron Rodgers, we believe that Georgia Tech receiver Calvin Johnson would become Oakland's primary target with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

Johnson is, in our opinion, a can't-miss prospect with a combination of size and speed and hands and, uncharacteristically at the receiver position, not a hint of a bad attitude.

So while it's a 50-50 proposition at best when burning a top-five pick on a potential franchise quarterback, Johnson's chances of becoming a long-term contributor are much greater, we believe.

And there's a wrinkle to all of this that we find very intriguing. Packers quarterback Brett Favre is pushing the team to acquire Moss. If Moss goes, the door is open for Johnson to be taken with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft.

Favre is represented by Bus Cook. Cook also is involved in the representation of Moss, and the Moss transaction depends in large part on Moss and his agents working out a restructured contract with Packers.

So if that gets done, then Johnson is poised to be the first guy off of the board.

His agent? Bus Cook.

We're not suggesting that Cook is trying to engineer the Moss trade so that Johnson will have a better shot at being the first overall pick. But the possibility of one client being the No. 1 selection in 2007 surely has at least entered the mind of the guy who surely has some influence over the extent to which Moss will be willing to accept the Packers' terms.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Interesting...

The Boston Globe reads the Packer Forum? Or my source was not ******** me around. Today's Boston Globe story is almost word for word to what I posted yesterday.

thats what I have been wondering

are they in contact with your same sourcE?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
makes me wonder, if the teams plugged the plug since it was leaked?????

That is if it was all true, they said screw it, we will wait another week?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
4Pack4and4Brett4CrAzEd4 said:
Its Friday and I've heard NADA!

Im with you Sar, where is the news?

yeah, I think it was a bunch of bologna. Nothing against RP, he heard what he heard, but after rumor broke out everyone imaginable denied the claim, it just seemed too drastic of a move and a little unbelievable. Only because of the whole Brett being at the press conference. I couldn't see that happening, he usually stays out of that sort of thing even though this is something he wants.

Well, guess we continue to wait :twisted:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
wasnt just an rp post, some LEGIT papers posted same exact thing..If people think those papers would just post something off a message board w/o double checkinf sources, then they need to go flip burgers at Burger King

Members online

Latest posts