The O Line

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish the Packers could have kept Wahle and Rivera. I am sorry they are gone. The NFL is a business. You can not keep everyone and stay within the salary cap.
I hope the Packers fine a way to keep Kevin Barry. I could see Barry moving to right tackle and moving Tauscher to guard. We should have a healthy Flanagan at center and a reliable backup at center with Walls. It is even possible that Flanagan or Walls moves to guard. I think Morley might make major inroads and be able to play guard in the NFL in 2005. Chad Clifton is close to a All Pro at left tackle.
Granted I am disappointed that the Packers lost both of these outstanding offensive lineman. I am hopeful that our outstanding offensive line coach Larry Beightol will continue to do wonders.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm also sad to see two outstanding starters leave, but I'm not overly worried about the o-line. I think they'll put together something more than servicable.

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey do we have a chance to sign people like Kareem Mckenzie or Rick Demulling? I mean i think they would be good people to take Rivera and Wahle's places but do anyone like now how much they are asking for?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the next two years - I think Thompson will find what he's looking for with the Draft - meaning possible ALL PRO players for the Offense... out of those we've lost so far - only one was actually a ProBowl player... and I still don't think Clifton should have been given all that money - once again he did not make the ProBowl.. Whether that's because of where the Pack ended there season or not - remains to be seen - but the Players are who votes for those that go..correct? I'm certain that next year we'll loose yet another one or two players we wished would have stayed...

There's a word, or phrase - one uses for how they affiliate their fandom with a Team....

I'm a Green Bay Packers acolyte... not simply a Brett Favre acolyte. This is a Team sport....

How many times have you guys heard how much someone likes Dan Marino, but didn't think all that much of the Miami Dolphins?
I won't be that type of fan!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts