The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was but like I said I look at this guy and I don't see anything that would make me think he is the next Favre or Rodgers.
I don't like him and I think we should go in different direction.
Maybe I'm wrong time will tell.
I don't think anyone can say for certain at this time. It's just my gut felling and first impressions of this kid.
And yet someone would give up a 3rd rounder or better for him? I just don't get you reasoning for that.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was but like I said I look at this guy and I don't see anything that would make me think he is the next Favre or Rodgers.
I don't like him and I think we should go in different direction.
Maybe I'm wrong time will tell.
I don't think anyone can say for certain at this time. It's just my gut felling and first impressions of this kid.
Just out of curiosity, where do the Packers find the next Favre or Rodgers?

Reaction score
I have no problem with trading Love once we get a better look at him. Who wants to keep him if he’s not improving.
That said, with any offer outside a tip #75 type selection? I’d rather hold on to him for a backup QB if nothing else. Those late 3rd rounders and later often get us poor results. I’d rather take my chances.

If Love shows signs of gradual improvement I’d consider giving him a starting role by 2023. He’s still cheap in year 4 and we’d be able to give him a nice supporting cast.

If Green Bay can figure a way to keep Rodgers without gutting out Roster or pushing tens of millions into future years? Fantastic! For me it’s cost vs benefit and QBs into their 40’s diminish 97.567% of the time and the other 2.4434% they break their legs or back.
I don’t see Rodgers working with GB he’ll want league high $ until he’s 56 years old. It’s just who he is. If we could get him at or around 30mil for 3-4 seasons I’d do that and call it quits.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade Rodgers for draft picks and let’s roll with Love. If GB doesn’t want him why would anyone else. Do we really want to tie the franchise to a pouty headcase who has shown (once again) an inability to come through in big games. If Rodgers played DECENT and tried to be a team player I (well I’d be suprised) wouldnt feel as strongly this way. ONE reciever besides Adams had more than one target…ONE…. ONE… Daffny… he had 2 targets. Yes special teams cost us… but Rodgers head case arrogance was stunning. Absolutely stunning. If I’m the Packers I play this close to the vest but no way I ink another contract with this guy…. NONE.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also… we dont need another Favre or Rodgers…. 28 Super Bowls have been won the last 30 years without a Favre or Rodgers (21 without even a Brady)…. Another one will be won THIS year

Reaction score
Also… we dont need another Favre or Rodgers…. 28 Super Bowls have been won the last 30 years without a Favre or Rodgers (21 without even a Brady)…. Another one will be won THIS year
I just don’t think the $ adds up. I’m going off more memory, but we need to be at $30mil area or less at QB to get our checkbook balanced in a few years and that’s being generous. Probably more like $25mil.

We can’t afford record breaking contracts and still retain other great players. Something has to give.
Some of us are living in a fantasy world if we think we can pay Rodgers $46mil and retain our best players. It don’t add up anywhere over 30mil and tell me which 2-3 top players we are going to cut to get back to near a zero balance. We can’t run -50m annual.
So any talk of Rodgers needs to be accompanied with ~$30mil in immediate cuts (to get started!)
Also forget FA this year. It ain’t happening Christmas is OFF

Last edited:

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cut or trade Bakhtiari. The O line did fine without him. Trade Rodgers, let the man go win a Superbawl somewhere else.
Rodgers goes so will Adam's most likely. Also retire Cobb.
Time to rebuild.
Let's keep our promising D# in tact together with Dillon and Jones and the pretty good O- ,line.
Maybe trade for Huntley.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cut or trade Bakhtiari. The O line did fine without him. Trade Rodgers, let the man go win a Superbawl somewhere else.
Rodgers goes so will Adam's.
Time to rebuild.

FOLKS STOP SAYING CUT OR TRADE BAKH - either scenario hits us with a massive dead cap hit regardless. He is going nowhere for at least one more year.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't we already run you through the rationale of why this isn't a good idea? :rolleyes:

Not sure if it was him or ten other folks. Shoot even I thought it was possible until Captain corrected my error in dead cap calculating.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
FOLKS STOP SAYING CUT OR TRADE BAKH - either scenario hits us with a massive dead cap hit regardless. He is going nowhere for at least one more year.
If we traded him to a Canadian Basketball team, would that work? :coffee:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I am sure that some still won't get it...but see "Dead Cap"....now go down to the number corresponding to 2022. That is how much the Packers will have to report on the Cap, if they cut Bahk...if they trade him post June. they can split that between 2 seasons, but they would have had to pay him his $10M Roster bonus.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers goes so will Adam's.
Time to rebuild.
Bahk will still be a big hit if I understand what happens to all his guaranteed money works. If Love is ready to work in MLF’s scheme I’m not sure how much of a rebuild there is. If we trade Rodgers for picks and maybe one player that fits what we need do I anticipate us winning 13 games? Nope. Do I see us as a playoff team? Yes I see us contending for the playoffs. I’m pretty excited to see what the NEW Packers could look like. Only one team wins it all each year, but multiple teams have scrappy seasons their fans can be proud of. Cant really say this has been the case for a while here. Just focusing on THIS year we played down to inferior teams on a few occasions without their starting QB and eked out wins. The team lacked character from the beginning imo, said so in the shout box during the Saints fiasco. I’m ready to start fresh even if we don’t have Arrogant Rodgers. How exciting would it be going into the draft with some firepower and a season with something to play for, instead of all the drama and entitlement we’ve become accustomed to.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am sure that some still won't get it...but see "Dead Cap"....now go down to the number corresponding to 2022. That is how much the Packers will have to report on the Cap, if they cut Bahk...if they trade him post June. they can split that between 2 seasons, but they would have had to pay him his $10M Roster bonus.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
don’t worry at least 10 more people are going to come in here with their brilliant ”original” idea to cut Bahk. lol

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Only one team wins it all each year, but multiple teams have scrappy seasons their fans can be proud of. Cant really say this has been the case for a while here.
This is what confuses me with Packer fans. I mean I kind of know what you are referring to, but didn't we just have 3 seasons with 13 wins? How can you imply that we haven't had "scrappy seasons" to get to that? Are you looking to follow a team that you expect to lose, but because they get scrappy and squeak into the playoffs, it is more exciting?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what confuses me with Packer fans. I mean I kind of know what you are referring to, but didn't we just have 3 seasons with 13 wins? How can you imply that we haven't had "scrappy seasons" to get to that? Are you looking to follow a team that you expect to lose, but because they get scrappy and squeak into the playoffs, it is more exciting?

We literally have someone that posted draft needs that has Keke on the team, EQSB signed through 2022 and other items....it baffles my mind honestly.

LOL I realized now and added this sentence - I read the first part of your post and clearly thought you were venting in frustration of lack of knowledge folks have one items or the team..... I was wrong :) I'll leave my comment because it is still true.

KiDcUdI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bahk will still be a big hit if I understand what happens to all his guaranteed money works. If Love is ready to work in MLF’s scheme I’m not sure how much of a rebuild there is. If we trade Rodgers for picks and maybe one player that fits what we need do I anticipate us winning 13 games? Nope. Do I see us as a playoff team? Yes I see us contending for the playoffs. I’m pretty excited to see what the NEW Packers could look like. Only one team wins it all each year, but multiple teams have scrappy seasons their fans can be proud of. Cant really say this has been the case for a while here. Just focusing on THIS year we played down to inferior teams on a few occasions without their starting QB and eked out wins. The team lacked character from the beginning imo, said so in the shout box during the Saints fiasco. I’m ready to start fresh even if we don’t have Arrogant Rodgers. How exciting would it be going into the draft with some firepower and a season with something to play for, instead of all the drama and entitlement we’ve become accustomed to.
The problem with Love taking over is who’s he going to throw to? Adams isn’t staying without Rodgers. He’s been there and done that with Love.

Do you resign MVS? I wouldn’t. He’s been the antithesis of rewarding players with contracts. He’s been inconsistent but then again they kept King.

So he’s got what? Allen Lazard? Scrub. Deguara? Really unimpressed so far. Do you resign Tonyan? Again really unimpressed and he’s coming off an ACL. Amari Rodgers? Hopefully he takes a leap. So we are looking at a cheap castoff FA or an early rookie draft pick and so far Gutenkunst is 0-4 in the WR scouting ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts