The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Thanks longtime. I never liked the pick, but it doesn't mean i don't like the person. Love has handled himself well. I'm not sure he'll ever get a fair shot in GB. A new team, new environment, and no spotlight would help him. Seems like a good guy. I wish him the best. He deserves a break I think.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Love turns into a great QB, i have no issues with him as a player or person. I just think it was a wasted draft pick.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jlo needs to work his a-hole off and show up when Light starts ti shine no excuses.

Earn it kid.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Jlo needs to work his a-hole off and show up when Light starts ti shine no excuses.

Earn it kid.
?
Not sure what you mean. I have never heard him give any excuses. He doesnt really need to, since the situation he is in provides it for him. The guy ahead of him is a back to back MVP, future HOF'er, that has stayed healthy since Love was drafted. Further, Rodgers is playing at the top of his game, past the age that many NFL QB's/players have already retired at. If anyone expects Love to beat out THAT guy, they need to adjust their expectations.

D

Deleted member 6794

Love has handled himself well. I'm not sure he'll ever get a fair shot in GB. A new team, new environment, and no spotlight would help him.

Love could apply for a job with my hometown team here in Austria. That's the only place I can think of where they would be no spotlight on him. He might even be able to compete for the starting job :D

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very honest and clear. Wants to start and has a nice GB Packer hat.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love could apply for a job with my hometown team here in Austria. That's the only place I can think of where they would be no spotlight on him. He might even be able to compete for the starting job :D
I didn't know you were from Austria! I had the good fortune of going to Vienna for a few days a long time ago for work. Lovely city, great people.

As for Love, he could do a lot worse than playing in Austria! I've been to a number of places in Europe and certainly wouldn't mind living there. Well, if I could learn how to speak German......

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope Love turns into a great QB, i have no issues with him as a player or person. I just think it was a wasted draft pick.
Well put in just a few words. I think most people here like him as a person and a player. He just got caught in a bad place for someone trying to break into the NFL as a QB. If Rodgers is gonna stick around for more than a year, it would be better for Love if they traded or waived him to give him a chance somewhere else.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well put in just a few words. I think most people here like him as a person and a player. He just got caught in a bad place for someone trying to break into the NFL as a QB. If Rodgers is gonna stick around for more than a year, it would be better for Love if they traded or waived him to give him a chance somewhere else.
Just can't agree with that. Probably nothing could have been better than him being able to learn and grow from the bench. I'm thinking we are going to see marked improvement in him this year right from the start. Though I would think they would limit his running. What would be the point?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
?
Not sure what you mean. I have never heard him give any excuses. He doesnt really need to, since the situation he is in provides it for him. The guy ahead of him is a back to back MVP, future HOF'er, that has stayed healthy since Love was drafted. Further, Rodgers is playing at the top of his game, past the age that many NFL QB's/players have already retired at. If anyone expects Love to beat out THAT guy, they need to adjust their expectations.
Yeah and that's the dilemma Love faces. But he has worked hard and handled himself with class. Tough situation.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It would be silly for the Packers to trade Love at this point. Unless of course someone offered them a better backup QB or a 1st or 2nd rd pick. I don't see that happening. At the end of his 4 year deal with the Packers, Love will have been paid $12,383,453 and maybe more importantly, trained behind one of the best QB's to play the game. Given all that, I don't feel too bad for the guy, nor do I think he will have a hard time finding a team that is willing to give him a shot at winning the starting job.

The best thing that could happen for both Love and the Packers, he shines in preseason, as well as any other chances he may get in the regular season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be silly for the Packers to trade Love at this point. Unless of course someone offered them a better backup QB or a 1st or 2nd rd pick. I don't see that happening. At the end of his 4 year deal with the Packers, Love will have been paid $12,383,453 and maybe more importantly, trained behind one of the best QB's to play the game. Given all that, I don't feel too bad for the guy, nor do I think he will have a hard time finding a team that is willing to give him a shot at winning the starting job.

The best thing that could happen for both Love and the Packers, he shines in preseason, as well as any other chances he may get in the regular season.
Yeah I wish someone would pay me $12 mil for carrying a clipboard (OK, he's done more than that.....). They couldn't find a trade partner for him anyway. What Gluten should be doing is looking for a BU QB who can play .500 ball until the starter returns. Love can't do that.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yeah I wish someone would pay me $12 mil for carrying a clipboard (OK, he's done more than that.....). They couldn't find a trade partner for him anyway. What Gluten should be doing is looking for a BU QB who can play .500 ball until the starter returns. Love can't do that.
Easier said than done. Not to mention the cost of doing so. As far as if Love or any other BU QB can play .500 ball, if you look around the league, there are starters that can't do that.

The Packers are all in with Rodgers, if he goes down, at this point Love is probably the best prepaid insurance (entire rookie contract is guaranteed) that the Packers can get.

If Love looks like a starter after the 2022 Season, the Packers will have a very tough decision to make, but a good "problem" to have, that of 2 starting caliber QB's.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easier said than done. Not to mention the cost of doing so. As far as if Love or any other BU QB can play .500 ball, if you look around the league, there are starters that can't do that.

The Packers are all in with Rodgers, if he goes down, at this point Love is probably the best prepaid insurance (entire rookie contract is guaranteed) that the Packers can get.

If Love looks like a starter after the 2022 Season, the Packers will have a very tough decision to make, but a good "problem" to have, that of 2 starting caliber QB's.
Given all the other things that Gluten and MLF have to deal with to get this very talented team ready for a sb run, Love is probably the least of their worries. If Rodgers sustained an injury that kept him out for significant time, the SB dream is over anyway. And to your point, there are starting QBs that can't play .500. And I'm tired of talking about Love. He's there, he knows the playbook. Unless a better option at BU comes along, leave things as they are.

On a much brighter note, and on paper, this is certainly one of the best teams the Packers have fielded. Questions remain at WR and TE and likely will for a while. But they have Rodgers at QB, and he can make an average receiver look great. I'm more concerned about TE, and wish they would just bring in Cook or Rudolh on a vet minimum contract, or whatever it takes. It won't be expensive.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just can't agree with that. Probably nothing could have been better than him being able to learn and grow from the bench. I'm thinking we are going to see marked improvement in him this year right from the start. Though I would think they would limit his running. What would be the point?

Spending an entire rookie contract on a player who doesn't play is a wasted pick. The goal with great players is that they help you win a Super Bowl and there were players available at that spot who would have helped the Packers the past two seasons (and this one). Love might become a very good quarterback but the Packers will have faced multiple seasons without a player who could have been the difference in one or two Super Bowl wins. I wish him well but there is no argument that he's done anything to help the team during his rookie contract. That's a wasted draft pick.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish him well but there is no argument that he's done anything to help the team during his rookie contract. That's a wasted draft pick.

There is literally no way anyone can argue for or against the declaration you make here with any shred of substantiated material or reasoning here. Reps he has taken in practice time and time again has helped build this roster in some capacity just as anyone else has - to what measurable degree of course no-one knows.

However, I think to the bullpen catchers that many a pitcher in the days of old would bring up for their development into what they were....or similar type things.

Again, I'm not arguing he has, but I would argue the claim he hasn't is meritless.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is literally no way anyone can argue for or against the declaration you make here with any shred of substantiated material or reasoning here. Reps he has taken in practice time and time again has helped build this roster in some capacity just as anyone else has - to what measurable degree of course no-one knows.

However, I think to the bullpen catchers that many a pitcher in the days of old would bring up for their development into what they were....or similar type things.

Again, I'm not arguing he has, but I would argue the claim he hasn't is meritless.

If a player contributes very little during their entire rookie contract then that is a bad draft pick. I've literally never seen anyone argue otherwise UNLESS they're defending the Love pick.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a player contributes very little during their entire rookie contract then that is a bad draft pick. I've literally never seen anyone argue otherwise UNLESS they're defending the Love pick.

I wasn't commenting on his value or opinion of his pick FTR.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah he's been there in camp. His participation has certainly helped WRs, TES, CBs, safeties, and ILBs. When he has had to start in Rodgers absence he's been below average. But it was only three games. The price of a first round pick was too much though for just a "camp" QB - a lot of guys could have done that for a lot less.

And Love landed in a situation where I'm sure he first thought he'd be starting in a year or two. Then Rodgers gets resurrected, has two MVP seasons, and Love is an expensive afterthought to most. It's best to take the whole history into consideration.

One way or another this will all playout. I wouldn't be surprised, three years from now, if both Rodgers and Love are gone. Hopefully Love will find a starting job somewhere. I just don't think it will be in GB, but who knows?

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
?
O I'm not expecting him to beat Rodgers out. I'm just saying is for him to stay relevant and increase his value, the man needs to work his *** off and show coaches and the NFL world his potential worth for teams to show interest in acquiring him and getting a shot at becoming a starter somewhere or GB to consider him a legitimate replacement for AR in a year or 2 and make a long term commitment to him bouth verbaly and contractually.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O I'm not expecting him to beat Rodgers out. I'm just saying is for him to stay relevant and increase his value, the man needs to work his *** off and show coaches and the NFL world his potential worth for teams to show interest in acquiring him and getting a shot at becoming a starter somewhere or GB to consider him a legitimate replacement for AR in a year or 2 and make a long term commitment to him bouth verbaly and contractually.
Well anyone expecting to be a starting QB will have to work his *** off - that's a given in a very competitive league at the highest paid position.

So much depends on what Rodgers does. He'll play this year that's all we know. When he leaves, who knows who will replace him.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Says who? Neither you or I, or the Austrian fellow know if Love can go 0for, undefeated, or somewhere in between as a injury replacement back up QB for the 2022 Green Bay Packers at this point in time.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hindsight is usually 20/20 and if Gute had a crystal ball back in 2020, he never selects Love. Further, with that crystal ball he uses that pick and all if his picks on players that not only become pro bowlers, but lead the team to 5 straight Super Bowl wins. Those arguing that selecting Love may have cost the Packers those Super Bowls are really not in tune with the risk reward aspect of the draft. I'm sure that for every player that you say "had he just picked him instead of Love, this would have happened", I can do the exact same thing, with a negative outcome. I could also say "had Rodgers gotten hurt badly or decided to retire, Love becomes a FHOF QB for the Packers." Nether of us would be right or wrong in our speculations.

My point, as well as other posters, if you want to play the "would have should have" game, it can have all sorts of outcomes.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Hindsight is usually 20/20 and if Gute had a crystal ball back in 2020, he never selects Love. Further, with that crystal ball he uses that pick and all if his picks on players that not only become pro bowlers, but lead the team to 5 straight Super Bowl wins. Those arguing that selecting Love may have cost the Packers those Super Bowls are really not in tune with the risk reward aspect of the draft. I'm sure that for every player that you say "had he just picked him instead of Love, this would have happened", I can do the exact same thing, with a negative outcome. I could also say "had Rodgers gotten hurt badly or decided to retire, Love becomes a FHOF QB for the Packers." Nether of us would be right or wrong in our speculations.

My point, as well as other posters, if you want to play the "would have should have" game, it can have all sorts of outcomes.
If Brett "didn't retire" Rodgers would been a wasted pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts