The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
We literally have someone that posted draft needs that has Keke on the team, EQSB signed through 2022 and other items....it baffles my mind honestly.

LOL I realized now and added this sentence - I read the first part of your post and clearly thought you were venting in frustration of lack of knowledge folks have one items or the team..... I was wrong :) I'll leave my comment because it is still true.
Yup, I was venting. I was about to say.....if we cut Adams, Lazard, Campbell, King, Tonyan, Douglas, Kelly, Bojo...just to name a few...won't we have a lot of money then? :geek:

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keeping Adams would be great but I doubt that can happen capwise. If Adams is indeed the best WR in football (strong case to be made), two of 4 teams is going to prove you don’t need the #1 receiver to get to the Super Bowl. I think you would see the team become more run/Defense oriented. We’re set up well for that with Jones and Dillon and getting Bahk and Jenkins back. How many of our wins came against teams with their 2nd string QB and/or in fairly flukey fashion. There’s 13-3/4 and then there’s 13-3…. We have put up very hollow “good record” teams … look at their performance when they faced playoff caliber competition… heck look at our glorious 15-1 team.

Reaction score
Keeping Adams would be great but I doubt that can happen capwise. If Adams is indeed the best WR in football (strong case to be made), two of 4 teams is going to prove you don’t need the #1 receiver to get to the Super Bowl. I think you would see the team become more run/Defense oriented. We’re set up well for that with Jones and Dillon and getting Bahk and Jenkins back. How many of our wins came against teams with their 2nd string QB and/or in fairly flukey fashion. There’s 13-3/4 and then there’s 13-3…. We have put up very hollow “good record” teams … look at their performance when they faced playoff caliber competition… heck look at our glorious 15-1 team.
I’d agree we might not have been as good as our record. More like 11-6 strength wise. However we did beat the Bengals, Rams, 49ers and they are all top 4 contenders. We likely would’ve edged KC with Rodgers playing vs. Love getting his first start on short notice. Which means we’ve shown we could beat anyone left.

It’s my opinion but had we made a ST change 1/2 way into the season. We’d be facing off against the Rams. The blocked punt for 7 alone cost us that game. SF finished with 6 points on Offense.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’d agree we might not have been as good as our record. More like 11-6 strength wise. However we did beat the Bengals, Rams, 49ers and they are all top 8 contenders. We likely would’ve edged KC with Rodgers playing vs. Love getting his first start on short notice
I wouldn‘t exactly say we weren’t as good as the record, but rather just like all of the NFC playoff teams, we were a very good team with a few flaws. We did beat all those teams, but they were all close games. They were all good teams, also with flaws. This isn’t baseball where you play the same team multiple times, but if it were I think we would have won more than we lost.

Reaction score
I wouldn‘t exactly say we weren’t as good as the record, but rather just like all of the NFC playoff teams, we were a very good team with a few flaws. We did beat all those teams, but they were all close games. They were all good teams, also with flaws. This isn’t baseball where you play the same team multiple times, but if it were I think we would have won more than we lost.
I’m just going based on my “feel”.
I think they’re were 1-2 contests we could’ve easily lost if they were played again. Im not taking away anything from them though they fought for those Wins.
I will say we never really got all 3 phases playing good simultaneously. We rarely got both the O + D playing a complete game.
It’s like we were waiting for the team to click together all season, but it never happened. They were a good team to be this injured and still beat other good teams, albeit marginally

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another year where we’re not as good as we were lol

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry.....did you sleep through the game that was played literally two nights ago?

That isn’t the biggest issue with trading or cutting Bakh….they did serviceable without him all year but definitely suffered more again when Jenkins fell

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That isn’t the biggest issue with trading or cutting Bakh….they did serviceable without him all year but definitely suffered more again when Jenkins fell
Regardless, the comment is false as it relates to the insinuation that o-line play isn't an issue.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless, the comment is false as it relates to the insinuation that o-line play isn't an issue.
I wouldn’t say OL will be even in my Top 5 needs next year…wait I take that back, if Turner stays and we resign Yosh I would say it is 6th

In no specific order - LB, WR, EDGE and TE I would argue May be more needed.

CB and DL on same level as OL.

I expect Turner cut though and we instantly need OT drafted IMO

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I wouldn’t say OL will be even in my Top 5 needs next year…wait I take that back, if Turner stays and we resign Yosh I would say it is 6th

In no specific order - LB, WR, EDGE and TE I would argue May be more needed.

CB and DL on same level as OL.

I expect Turner cut though and we instantly need OT drafted IMO
This is a pivot. It's false to suggest that the o-line is "fine".

Don't disagree with other points. But to suggest that the Packers couldn't benefit from better offensive line play, or that better offensive line play isn't attainable, is just false.

I don't think some really understand the limitations the offense has had in regards to the offensive line this season. It just happens that a team was able to exploit it in the playoffs.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a pivot. It's false to suggest that the o-line is "fine".

Don't disagree with other points. But to suggest that the Packers couldn't benefit from better offensive line play, or that better offensive line play isn't attainable, is just false.

I don't think some really understand the limitations the offense has had in regards to the offensive line this season. It just happens that a team was able to exploit it in the playoffs.
I didn’t disagree with it however, if fair I don’t see a single position group outside of RB that couldn’t use a better room going into 2022. Add QB to that if Rodgers is back

Reaction score
I'm sorry.....did you sleep through the game that was played literally two nights ago?
Actually if anything we could draft 1 more upgrade at RG (who might also have RT experience/size) by the first 2-3 rounds we’d be pretty stout. We really had some adequate backups playing but they did a nice job overall considering we lost 4 starters.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
two of 4 teams is going to prove you don’t need the #1 receiver to get to the Super Bowl.
Yet, when you look at the 4 teams left, they all have a pretty decent selection of capable receivers. I would trade our entire group of WR's and TE's for any of those 4 teams groups.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet, when you look at the 4 teams left, they all have a pretty decent selection of capable receivers. I would trade our entire group of WR's and TE's for any of those 4 teams groups.
I like our RBs more than any remaining though. Give and take like always, we will never have a team that every group I am in love with....nor anyone else.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I like our RBs more than any remaining though. Give and take like always, we will never have a team that every group I am in love with....nor anyone else.
I agree, but in MLF's system, the RB's are key, as are the TE's. I am afraid that so far Gute has whiffed on two 3rd round picks trying to fill that need. I actually think losing Tonyan was a big blow to the Packers and it became even bigger when Deguara couldn't step up.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, but in MLF's system, the RB's are key, as are the TE's. I am afraid that so far Gute has whiffed on two 3rd round picks trying to fill that need. I actually think losing Tonyan was a big blow to the Packers and it became even bigger when Deguara couldn't step up.

I actually think Deguara will be fine, his play picked up substantially this year and I fully expect more growth in his first true second season after another "new normal" training camp and such.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he could be fine, I do have hope, but thus far he has not been. too inconsistent.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he could be fine, I do have hope, but thus far he has not been. too inconsistent.

With Lewis aging and Tonyan's injury - we are back to needing a potential top flight TE1 however of the future. Deguara as much as I think he will be fine is more of a TE2 given his role in the system IMO.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Keep in mind that when Canada says 1 case of beer they mean 24 cans and not a 30 pack.
Even though I am an IPA guy, that "La Fin Du Monde" looks good. I may have to watch some hockey yet this winter.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts