The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Who ever has it in for Love will find every little thing wrong to prove their point.

Just like Gary. But now no one has anything to nit pick on him

And once again, the staff knows what they have in a player.
I think patience is not a strength in our human nature. Nearly all draft reports on Love declared a high ceiling prospect that needed major refinement. This was never a secret either. He needed time and using a raw Junior tape, his age becomes a plus+. He ideally needs an extra season to clean up his weaknesses. This one is literally the first one I pulled up. It still fits Jordan to a “T”

I get it though. He’s being compared to a “starting” 14 year veteran HOF QB and there is really no comparison. #12 is as near the mark of perfection as any team could hope for. He needs to be compared to #12 in year 1-2 coming off the bench. That’s still a high bar, but it’s fair to compare him to 2005 or 2006 Rodgers.

That said. I just don’t see 2020 as being an opportunity to develop things like decision making. That takes live reps and review of those reps. Then the staff can hone in on his areas of improvement. That means 2021 is really his Rookie tape. I don’t believe Love was ever supposed to thrive his rookie season. Does anyone really believe that? If they do, it’s in direct disregard for nearly every professional evaluation of Love just before the Packers 2020 selection.

It’s fine to be mad about the selection, but with a dash of discernment a person separates that emotion from a valid analysis of his individual growth.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am in your mindset that Love gave Rodgers a fire. Maybe subconsciously but it had an affect
Agreed. Although, I don't think that Gute drafted Love for that reason at all. The pick was a BPA at a very high valued position, on a team with a QB that was on the backside of his career. I also think Gute and Co. had an eye on the future cap situation that was presenting itself.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Let's be honest, Poker, both of us would have been able to complete that throw to Deguara.
Actually, I would have seen Lazard about 40 yards down field, tight double coverage, but I would have made that throw and it would of resulted in a TD.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This is the typical response I get from the Gute defenders. Rodgers didnt up his game because of Love. Thats ********.
This is the typical response I read from Debbie Downers, that think Gute needs to go simply because he drafted Love. Then I point to Gute's record as a GM and they got nothing. 45-19-1, with 9 of those losses in his first season as GM and most of the season played by a backup QB that is no longer in the NFL. Add to the fact that Gute had the ability to see that McCarthy needed to go and who did Gute hire in his place? A guy that has gone 39-10 in his first 3 years. Yeah, Gute sucks...fire the bum!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Who ever has it in for Love will find every little thing wrong to prove their point.
In my opinion, I don't think that's what many are doing. I think many are trying to fairly evaluate him.

Also, in my opinion, it's much more reasonable to not get worked up over a screen play than it is to use it as ammunition in the pro-Love crowd.

Let's face it: at the end of the day, we all hope like hell that Love pans out. I don't think there's any true Packers fan that wants him to fail. Because if he's the real deal, we're set for another decade at least. But I'm going to call it like I see it and right now, he's shown very little that I'm impressed with.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you imagine Rodgers' stats if they had drafted Jefferson.

11430 yards and 102 TDs over two years.

That alone would put him into GOAT discussions.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think Packer fans have enough information to evaluate Love in either direction. I am not going to go back and search, but I bet there were a lot of Favre and Rodgers skeptics in their early days under center.

So while I agree with you that "Love defenders" may be trying to grasp onto things that truly haven't told us much, but I think its more of a reaction (for me) to people that are so quick to point out the negatives. I haven't seen anyone say "Love has proven that he is going to be great." More like "He hasn't proven a thing, but give the guy a fair chance to do so."

IF Rodgers retires or is traded, I believe we will see what those really close to the situation (Gute/MLF) think about Love. If they too are unsure, they may sign a vet QB. If they think he is a full on bust, they will be going into the draft looking for Rodgers replacement.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is ignorant IMO to evaluate him beyond conjecture and projections at this point. Sample size is no where near enough true regular season game action at this point.

Reaction score
Get him out of here!

Give me his cell # so I can blow him out.
I’ll call him if theyre afraid!

J/K. Felt good for a second just to pile on :whistling:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It is ignorant IMO to evaluate him beyond conjecture and projections at this point. Sample size is no where near enough true regular season game action at this point.
So we're not allowed to critique or evaluate his play until.......when, exactly?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we're not allowed to critique or evaluate his play until.......when, exactly?

Sorry I find it ignorant for folks to evaluate him at this point and believe it to be even close to being substantiated with ample defense - which some present thoughts on Love as. I see no defense either way personally and try to ignore making projections on any player in a definitive sense until their year two is complete and some guys even then you have no clue on really.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I personally don't find anything wrong with critiquing and evaluating Love, but do it under fair assumptions of where he is in his NFL career. For instance, his playing a half with backups against Detroit's starters, really isn't going to tell me much, but some wanted to use it as an "ah ha" moment.

Some people seem to be using what little experience he has had to play, as evidence that he never should have been drafted and some even stretch it further and say that Gute made a huge mistake in drafting him. I would say anyone in that mindset, really needs to slow their roll.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Sorry I find it ignorant for folks to evaluate him at this point and believe it to be even close to being substantiated with ample defense - which some present thoughts on Love as. I see no defense either way personally and try to ignore making projections on any player in a definitive sense until their year two is complete and some guys even then you have no clue on really.
No one rational is making definitive proclamations on Love right now. But the true ignorance lies in the idea that you cannot evaluate what he's done so far.

You seem to be okay with those offering positive feedback, yet not okay with negative feedback. It's an interesting concept. But in my ignorant view, I just don't feel as if it can't only work one way if the evaluation process cannot begin until some unknown time.

Perhaps you'll eventually update us on exactly when that will be. Until then though, I guess nothing negative, only positive. No criticisms, just atta boys.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The good news with Love, he has 2 more years under his rookie contract to show what he can do. If AR is still with the Packers after the 2023 season and hasn't gotten injured, I doubt the Packers have enough information on Love to do much with, other than offer him a minimal contract. The good news with that situation, if the Packers don't know what he is capable of, I doubt any other team is going to know much either.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one rational is making definitive proclamations on Love right now. But the true ignorance lies in the idea that you cannot evaluate what he's done so far.

You seem to be okay with those offering positive feedback, yet not okay with negative feedback. It's an interesting concept. But in my ignorant view, I just don't feel as if it can't only work one way if the evaluation process cannot begin until some unknown time.

Perhaps you'll eventually update us on exactly when that will be. Until then though, I guess nothing negative, only positive. No criticisms, just atta boys.

Really? This is not true.

In Love's very limited time ball security has reared its head in three fumbles. That is a concerning item in such limited time. INTs don't concern me in a young QB as much as many due to again being a young and honestly still never having an entire week worth of prep knowing "you're the gameplan behind the Center".

Love has done nothing to showcase he is the answer or give anyone warm and fuzzies about the succession plan he may or may not be behind Rodgers. I've said all this in numerous ways.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Love has done nothing to showcase he is the answer or give anyone warm and fuzzies about the succession plan he may or may not be behind Rodgers. I've said all this in numerous ways.
So how is this any different than what myself and captain have alluded to? Maybe I'm confused.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some people seem to be using what little experience he has had to play, as evidence that he never should have been drafted and some even stretch it further and say that Gute made a huge mistake in drafting him. I would say anyone in that mindset, really needs to slow their roll.
Some of us don‘t care how well he plays… or doesn’t to believe he never should have been drafted.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So how is this any different than what myself and captain have alluded to? Maybe I'm confused.

Or perhaps you feel in the cross hairs because your words have said one thing but you believe another? Or perhaps the cross hairs of my comment simply were not on you?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Most of Jeffersons yards and TDs are after the catch and Rodgers would not deserve any credit.
I would add that as everyone knows, Rodgers has terrible stats with first round WR's, so it never would have worked out in Green Bay for Jefferson.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Or perhaps you feel in the cross hairs because your words have said one thing but you believe another? Or perhaps the cross hairs of my comment simply were not on you?
The first question is a failure of an attempt at psychoanalysis, but nice try. :tup:

On the second part, just seems a little odd to make a blanket statement which didn't really seem to apply to any comments made in the flow of this particular conversation.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first question is a failure of an attempt at psychoanalysis, but nice try. :tup:

On the second part, just seems a little odd to make a blanket statement which didn't really seem to apply to any comments made in the flow of this particular conversation.

Speckled all throughout this board there are numerous folks declaring verdicts on Love - that is who I was speaking towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts