The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 29 42.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I’ve had this bacterial thingy I’ve been wrestling with. You just gave me a wonderful idea.
I’m thinking of fighting fire with fire!

PS. If I don’t post anything further…. (I’ll give you some sign) I bequeath to you my Official NFL Rodgers Jersey and 1979 Topps Football Cards.. Oh wait my Wife threw my cards away by accident, oooo so sorry!
The English love it lol

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One game of new uniforms might be too much for some to handle, but it sure stirs up a lot of interest and conversation when it happens. I feel like if you are going to change the jersey and pants, you might as well go with a new unique helmet.

I also would like to see them not drag out "old" throwback uniforms, but try something new every time. Anyone remember the October 31st, 1994 game against the Bears at Soldier Field? Playing in a torrential downpour, with gusts of up to 36mph, the Packers crushed the Bears 33-6. Ken Ruettgers added some holiday fun with his helmet decals.

The helmet on Ruettgers looks good .

Rest of the uniform...awful.

So glad that's gone.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One game of new uniforms might be too much for some to handle, but it sure stirs up a lot of interest and conversation when it happens. I feel like if you are going to change the jersey and pants, you might as well go with a new unique helmet.

I also would like to see them not drag out "old" throwback uniforms, but try something new every time. Anyone remember the October 31st, 1994 game against the Bears at Soldier Field? Playing in a torrential downpour, with gusts of up to 36mph, the Packers crushed the Bears 33-6. Ken Ruettgers added some holiday fun with his helmet decals.

Poker - that was a Monday night game, right? It looked like the rain was blowing sideways. I have no idea how they put up 33 points that night. I do seem to recall Edgar Bennett having a huge night, but my memory is spotty.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep hearing the most reasonable way to approach the upcoming season is with patience, especially with Love.

I guess that's fair, but I expect a big jump in the D's performance. MLF must have had a reason for keeping Barry (I don't know what it could be), but the D should be top 5, top 10 at the worst. There are a lot of first round draftees on that unit. I am concerned about the secondary - specifically the absence of Stokes and the weakness at S. But the DL and LBs should be exemplary.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Poker - that was a Monday night game, right? It looked like the rain was blowing sideways. I have no idea how they put up 33 points that night. I do seem to recall Edgar Bennett having a huge night, but my memory is spotty.
Yup, it was on MNF and just nasty weather. If you want to watch it again, I found it, in 2 parts (Packer pregame included). I think I remember a punt that got caught up in the wind and barely went anywhere.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, it was on MNF and just nasty weather. If you want to watch it again, I found it, in 2 parts (Packer pregame included). I think I remember a punt that got caught up in the wind and barely went anywhere.

Great find, thanks for posting it.

Both team's uniforms...hideous. Perfect for a muddy field.

Reaction score
Not so fast. He mentioned wife. I need pictures before I agree with you or not.
You’d soon regret it. She’ll mess up your toothpaste tube, destroy your laundry and burn your toast and mismatch your socks.
But I love her just the same!

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really.
Which other QB is a better choice than Love right now?
If you don’t answer that with a name, then you’ve agreed by default there isn’t a better choice.
Sure, but if he's terrible and a loser, than another choice could have been drafted in the last couple of years. Still, the Packers have put all of their eggs in the Jordan Love basket. I hope he does well. We just don't know because he has not had much playing time.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at this game in Soldier field. The bathrooms were full of people trying to stay out of the sideways rain. My father, brother and one of my friends were supposed to go. The friend backed out. My sister, still to this day, has never forgiven me for talking her into coming with us

Reaction score
Sure, but if he's terrible and a loser, than another choice could have been drafted in the last couple of years. Still, the Packers have put all of their eggs in the Jordan Love basket. I hope he does well. We just don't know because he has not had much playing time.
Sure. I suppose that can be said about any first year starter. Although I don’t think his position Coaches are nearly as concerned as the average fan. I guess they see him every day though and we don’t and it makes us uneasy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure. I suppose that can be said about any first year starter. Although I don’t think his position Coaches are nearly as concerned as the average fan. I guess they see him every day though and we don’t and it makes us uneasy.
At this point I'd say he's clearly the best option. And it makes sense to give him two years. He got new weapons on offense and he's had 3 years to study under Rodgers. Seems more likely he'll be a success than a failure.

A lot of QBs selected in the top 5 don't have much around them. That's not the case here.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're correct but you seem to want it both ways. If he's terrible then Gluten should have known that and drafted another QB in the last couple of years. If he's good then Gluten made the right call in 2020. Can't have it both ways, and Gluten can't see into the future.

Reaction score
At this point I'd say he's clearly the best option. And it makes sense to give him two years. He got new weapons on offense and he's had 3 years to study under Rodgers. Seems more likely he'll be a success than a failure.

A lot of QBs selected in the top 5 don't have much around them. That's not the case here.
That’s true. As much change has happened, we still have 2 good RB’s and pretty much the same OL coming back (slightly more experienced). We’re not exactly bare at Receiving options just young.

Reaction score

That’s true. As much change has happened, we still have 2 good RB’s and pretty much the same OL coming back (slightly more experienced). We’re not exactly bare at Receiving options either. 3 returning Sophomores and Reed apparently is looking stout. To the point Guys are coming up to his Coach and commenting on how agile Reed is.
For myself, I like having new guys play with new guys, that’s how they form strong bonds and grow together. It’s just a couple of athletes balling, there’s no carryover baggage and sometimes a clean slate is where you want to start.

D

Deleted member 6794

I guess that's fair, but I expect a big jump in the D's performance. MLF must have had a reason for keeping Barry (I don't know what it could be), but the D should be top 5, top 10 at the worst. There are a lot of first round draftees on that unit. I am concerned about the secondary - specifically the absence of Stokes and the weakness at S. But the DL and LBs should be exemplary.

In my opinion the defense should definitely perform better than they did last season. Unfortunately I'm not convinced Barry is the right choice to make it work though.

As a side note, Stokes is expected to be ready for training camp.

That’s true. As much change has happened, we still have 2 good RB’s and pretty much the same OL coming back (slightly more experienced). We’re not exactly bare at Receiving options either. 3 returning Sophomores and Reed apparently is looking stout. To the point Guys are coming up to his Coach and commenting on how agile Reed is.

The Packers lack proven talent at pass catchers compared to most other teams in the league. While the youngsters might develop into a good unit at some point down the road I fully expect them to have a hard time performing at a decent level this season.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last season ss rookies, Watson and Doubs had 1036 yards and 10 receiving td's on about 130 attemps. Now that Lazard and Cobb are gone, they should get a lot of those throws. What's a realistic amount of production from the receiving corps from Love as qb? Watson and Doubs 1400 yards, 12 td's on 200 throws? RB's 750 yards and 6 td's. TE's 750 yards and 6 td's. Everybody else - 700 yards, 4 td's. I don't expect any receiver to go over 1,000 yards but if Watson stays healthy, Love should be able to find him for 900 yards and 8 tds which would make for a nice second season. He could explode and have a monster season but I wouldn't expect that with Love's inexperience and his inability to stay healthy.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You're correct but you seem to want it both ways. If he's terrible then Gluten should have known that and drafted another QB in the last couple of years. If he's good then Gluten made the right call in 2020. Can't have it both ways, and Gluten can't see into the future.

Honestly, with a lot of players, especially QB's, you don't know what you have until they actually play quite a few real NFL games. Look at all the QB's taken in the top 10 picks over the years. Most of them play pretty poorly at the beginning. Some get over that hump and become really good, some don't.

I do agree with you that the Packers don't think Love sucks or they wouldn't have put themselves into the position that they are currently in.

This whole "draft another QB" mentality is troubling for me. Go through the last 20 drafts and of all the QB's selected in the entire draft, how many worked out well? Maybe Packer fans are spoiled, because for the last 30 years, we have had back to back HOF QB's? Love may be the next guy or he may not be, but if he isn't, let the process of finding the next one begin.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For myself, I like having new guys play with new guys, that’s how they form strong bonds and grow together. It’s just a couple of athletes balling, there’s no carryover baggage and sometimes a clean slate is where you want to start.
Yeah those are good points. And that's why it's important that Love knows he has two years. The receiving group (WRs and TEs) is about as young as they can be. It will take time for those guys to learn how to play together.

But what an opportunity. This new Packers' offense has a ton of young, untested talent at QB, WR, and now TE. They're young and they'll make mistakes, and they'll ideally grow at the same time. And the team will likely have two first round picks next year. I can deal with a sub .500 season as long as the growth is apparent. Should be fun.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, with a lot of players, especially QB's, you don't know what you have until they actually play quite a few real NFL games. Look at all the QB's taken in the top 10 picks over the years. Most of them play pretty poorly at the beginning. Some get over that hump and become really good, some don't.

I do agree with you that the Packers don't think Love sucks or they wouldn't have put themselves into the position that they are currently in.

This whole "draft another QB" mentality is troubling for me. Go through the last 20 drafts and of all the QB's selected in the entire draft, how many worked out well? Maybe Packer fans are spoiled, because for the last 30 years, we have had back to back HOF QB's? Love may be the next guy or he may not be, but if he isn't, let the process of finding the next one begin.
Yeah it would have been silly to use a high draft pick on a QB this year or in the prior two years. I'm pretty certain that the FO and coaches have enough confidence in Love to give him two years.

And yeah, the only way to know if any player is NFL-ready is to have him play in NFL games.

Members online

Latest posts