The Jordan Love Era Begins

Will Jordan Love be 3 in a row for the Packers?

• Yes, he's a FHOF Player

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • He'll be pro bowl good but not FHOF good

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • He'll be average

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No, he'll be a below average bust

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Too early to Tell

Votes: 31 43.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Reaction score
That was an issue with Rodgers in the playoffs, I always thought. Well, most QBs, I suppose. We'd face those superior defenses in the playoffs, and we'd just get shut down. Except when we didn't. But it happened enough to keep Rodgers from a second Super Bowl. Even though arguably the (lack of) defense was more to blame.
In that era, it seemed like if the Defense wasn’t problematic it was the Offense and vice versa. Then the couple of years where those 2 phases took turns Winning games, our ST just fell apart.

I don’t know yet if Love will ever have an elite level season or not, but we can see evidence of a pretty ordinary QB in Brock Purdy manage the game enough to be successful.

Imo Jordan Love is plenty good enough to Win lots of games if he is surrounded by good players and D and ST that don’t sink us. I’ve said all along that our D needs to stay at or under a reasonable 20-21 pts per game. That’s an area I feel like Jordan can achieve a 2:1 Win:Loss

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And the year we did win the SB the only bona-fide strong defense we faced in the post season was the Bears. And with the Cutler injury our defense won the game for us.
Just saw this today about SB win

Loved the song

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

SudsMcBucky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's over simplified. In some of our playoff wins we did, in some we didn't. 2010s NFC championship game was a knife fight that neither team looked like a world beater. Same with the loss in 2021 against the 49ers.

Playing up to the level of your opponent is a good thing, it implies you're not as good on paper but you rose to the occasion. Playing down to your opponent is something you need to not do.

Trouncing the Bears was a good thing. What happened against the Falcons is not, though I don't think there was playing down or up there. They played 3 quarters of good enough, complementary football on both sides of the ball. 12 point lead with 15 minutes to go is winning football, (mostly) irrespective of the other stats. And both phases failed to help out the other for the entire 4th.

Yes, the defense could have gotten another stop, but the offense could have also put together a good drive and taken away one of Atlanta's score by not giving them the ball.

Although I was extremely disappointed in the way the Falcons game ended, I didn't feel REAL awful about it considering they were without their 4 best players on offense, 3 pro-bowlers and their #1 WR. In retrospect, it was a miracle they were in the position they were in the 4th Q to begin with.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although I was extremely disappointed in the way the Falcons game ended, I didn't feel REAL awful about it considering they were without their 4 best players on offense, 3 pro-bowlers and their #1 WR. In retrospect, it was a miracle they were in the position they were in the 4th Q to begin with.
It may appear that way. But it also indicates that our coach got outcoached.

Reaction score
It may appear that way. But it also indicates that our coach got outcoached.
Yeah I think everyone took part in the meltdown. I can’t find it now but someone mentioned that our opponent also wants to win. Atlanta never panicked into the 4th Qtr as they stayed consistent with their ground game and obviously had a very good game plan. It bcwas beautifully executed by Bijan Robinson, who might be a Rookie, but he’s an exceptionally great, X-Longhorn who was the best RB in the FBS last season. We were likely playing a team with a top 5 overall group in Rushing. I’m not sure what Barry was thinking but our D needed to challenge Ridder to beat us deep in the passing game with 8 in the box regular. 5 at LOS and 3 immediately behind them with an occasional Safety coming off 1 side to guess which side their 45 runs were planned. Either make him throw it immediately or on 50/50 downs, you meet the RB at Or Behind LOS with 8 more closing in from behind you.

Barry acted like this was Chicago. He needs to quit playing it safe and use his D talent in progressive and proactive manner. If they beat us make Atlanta do it passing the ball not handing it to a potential OPOY. What is he afraid of? Get 1 sack fumble etc and it’s likely points and game over.

Jordan can’t carry a #28 ranked Run Defense. That Defense needs to carry our QB like they ran their mouths all offseason. I’m tired of the empty talk snd I don’t want to hear 1 more dang word from our Defense! Not even a syllable. Say it on the field or they can go play or Coach with Arizona or Chicago or the XNFL!
:whistling:
PS. and teach the D how to catch a football While we’re at it! :laugh:

Last edited:

LionsFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe burrow, jalen hurts, Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert. That's his draft class.

2nd to last in completion % and 1st in uncatchable passes.

Hes had 3 years to develop. He's not the guy.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joe burrow, jalen hurts, Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert. That's his draft class.

How many snaps has each taken in their careers so far? How do you compare a pitcher who has 10 starts with one who has 100?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pretty good coming from a lion's fan.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The guys you mention that were in his draft class didn't set the league on fire their first season starting either. You don't improve as a QB holding a clip board on Sundays. The only way you learn how to play in this league is by actually playing. He might not be "the guy" but you can't say that for certain after starting only 4 games. We'll know more by January.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The guys you mention that were in his draft class didn't set the league on fire their first season starting either. You don't improve as a QB holding a clip board on Sundays. The only way you learn how to play in this league is by actually playing. He might not be "the guy" but you can't say that for certain after starting only 4 games. We'll know more by January.
And it is ironic that " The Guy " in Detroit for a decade wins the SB for a team in LA!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
That is the way I feel about the L0ins game. I'm more disgruntled (love that word) with the Falcons loss than I am with the complete and utter obliteration at the hands of the L0ins, for the sole reason that Pack SHOULD have beat the Falcons - not so much the L0ins.

While nobody can really say what would have happened if the left side of our o-line were healthy and playing; if Alexander were healthy and playing and our "All Pro" ILB were healthy and playing - and yes, injuries ARE a reason, not an "excuse", my eye test says the Pack were boat raced by a vastly superior team... in all facets. As MLF admitted, our ***e$ were kicked, including his ... again ... and, THEIR'S is a young team as well.

I'm sure the Pack can compete against other middling destined teams, but fixing the offensive line and the defensive line shortcomings do not look promising - after 4 games. You get a porous o-line in front of a new starting QB and you're going to see a scared rabbit abandoning technique to run for his life, leave his feet to toss rocket-ball-incompletions ... and who can blame him. My gawd, it was painful to watch what a good team can do to these guys. Be thankful it was the L0ins and not the 9'ers.

Reaction score
That is the way I feel about the L0ins game. I'm more disgruntled (love that word) with the Falcons loss than I am with the complete and utter obliteration at the hands of the L0ins, for the sole reason that Pack SHOULD have beat the Falcons - not so much the L0ins.

While nobody can really say what would have happened if the left side of our o-line were healthy and playing; if Alexander were healthy and playing and our "All Pro" ILB were healthy and playing - and yes, injuries ARE a reason, not an "excuse", my eye test says the Pack were boat raced by a vastly superior team... in all facets. As MLF admitted, our ***e$ were kicked, including his ... again ... and, THEIR'S is a young team as well.

I'm sure the Pack can compete against other middling destined teams, but fixing the offensive line and the defensive line shortcomings do not look promising - after 4 games. You get a porous o-line in front of a new starting QB and you're going to see a scared rabbit abandoning technique to run for his life, leave his feet to toss rocket-ball-incompletions ... and who can blame him. My gawd, it was painful to watch what a good team can do to these guys. Be thankful it was the L0ins and not the 9'ers.
Actually the Lions Offense is equal or better than the 49ers. Who have the 49ers played that is so spectacular?
Let’s let the season unfold a little.
I still think people are not understanding this years Lions are a really good team. I know we say we’re bad, but we just played possibly a top 5-6 NFL team. Had we played 3 quarters instead of 2? We’re in that game.

Our own inconsistencies are our biggest foe. It’s very fixable imo, but this is on Matt and Barry and Rich to get it done.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts