The Greatest Game Ever Played

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd actually rather hear Wayne and Larry's call, if anyone has it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

This was The Greatest Game Ever Played. Not the Colts/Giants one. This one of Pack vs Bears for division crown.
You can't get any better than this see/saw of a game which ended so awesome of a comeback for our two boys and to end it with a cherry on top INT against whiny boy Va-Jay-Jay Cutler!
And we did it and got our revenge on their turf!

I`d have to disagree a bit there bud, although it was satifying to work it to the Bears after the injury to Rodgers earlier in the season. I thought the greatest game I EVER saw (so far that is ;)) was the high scoring Arizona game a few seasons back. That one had me jumping out of my seat nearly every flaming minute. JMO

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Pretty cool, and I'm not even a big Badger backer.
Who the hell is that sad sucker in the Forte jersey?

He looked like he was gonna burst into tears, poor bastard....lol

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't say this was the greatest game ever played, but is for SURE one of the greatest Packers games ever. This season has given us two of the greatest Packers games of all time, IMO. Week 14 vs. the Cowboys IN Dallas, battling back from a 23 point deficit, but also this NFC North title game. I went batsh!t crazy after Cobb caught that TD pass.

Oh, and the manager at the local Raley's grocery store, who is a Bears fan and sports his Urlacher jersey often, owes me a 6-pack of whatever I want.

REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 29th OF DECEMBER!

Reaction score
I've always liked the Packers / Bears rivalry! Never a dull moment. I like to go on the Bears forum website and listen to all of the whining after the game. This morning there are more than usual "low life's" chiming in, saying things like "they hope Rodgers has a career ending spinal injury coming on a cheap shot", and one classy Bears fan said that "they hope anyone that wears green and yellow would be infected with the HIV virus"!! I know every team has their share of bottom feeders, but that is ridiculous.
Chicago deserves whatever Milwaukee floats down their way in lake Michigan!

Reaction score
Can not hold a cup to the ICE BOWL. 65 playoff win over colts. 67 playoff win over Rams .

For me, when I factor everything in, that historic "Ice Bowl" game gets my vote. It wasn't the prettiest most artistic game ever played, much thanks to the horrible weather conditions which makes it even more notable. Just an epic NFC title game similiar to a last man standing heavyweight boxing match between two outstanding teams having left everything on the field when the horn sounded.

The playing conditions, the players' determination, guts and stamina and coaching strategy. Just my opinion, I guess.

Scottwallace15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hold your horses with this thread, not even the been the best game this year if we're talking about in football as a whole ( including college football) the Michigan/Ohio state game this year was better then the one yesterday, now that was a shootout

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've always liked the Packers / Bears rivalry! Never a dull moment. I like to go on the Bears forum website and listen to all of the whining after the game. This morning there are more than usual "low life's" chiming in, saying things like "they hope Rodgers has a career ending spinal injury coming on a cheap shot", and one classy Bears fan said that "they hope anyone that wears green and yellow would be infected with the HIV virus"!! I know every team has their share of bottom feeders, but that is ridiculous.
Chicago deserves whatever Milwaukee floats down their way in lake Michigan!
Right now it feels so damn good to be hated.
And we got back at the Bears after what they did to our boy.
Revenge is sweet and it's a dish best served on a cold football field.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`d have to disagree a bit there bud, although it was satifying to work it to the Bears after the injury to Rodgers earlier in the season. I thought the greatest game I EVER saw (so far that is ;)) was the high scoring Arizona game a few seasons back. That one had me jumping out of my seat nearly every flaming minute. JMO
For me, when I factor everything in, that historic "Ice Bowl" game gets my vote. It wasn't the prettiest most artistic game ever played, much thanks to the horrible weather conditions which makes it even more notable. Just an epic NFC title game similiar to a last man standing heavyweight boxing match between two outstanding teams having left everything on the field when the horn sounded.

The playing conditions, the players' determination, guts and stamina and coaching strategy. Just my opinion, I guess.
hold your horses with this thread, not even the been the best game this year if we're talking about in football as a whole ( including college football) the Michigan/Ohio state game this year was better then the one yesterday, now that was a shootout
OK so we all have our own opinions/thoughts on what TGGEP is.
Why should the media dictate which one it is since so many awesome ones have been played since that Giants/Colts game which includes the 4th and 8 or Confused Fumble for a TD victory over the Bears on 12/29/13.
Maybe I should have added in a few more words in the title like, "Of the Season" or "To me."
In any case, this to me is TGGEP. To get back at the Bears in this way is just so, so awesome with a great comeback by Rodgers and Cobb.
Folks and fans can disagree with me all they want to but they just need to realize that it is just my opinion and nothing more.

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My vote in recent Packers history, emphasis on recent, still goes to the Cards/Packers game in the playoffs of the '09 season. Although it was a loss, and a FACEMASK, that game was absolutely incredible and was really Rodgers' breakthrough game in the national spotlight.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you being alive is a requirement for a game to be considered the Greatest Game EVER Played?

For ME specifically to consider it the greatest game EVER played, then yes, I need to be alive and have experienced it. Events that took place before my time are all well and good, but don't have anywhere near the impact on me personally as events that take place that I'm able to experience.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's the call. If you only pay attention to the vocal tone/excitement you may mistake this for Aikman calling a Bears TD.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Turned out right, but that was a little too early to call it the Dagger IMO.
The Bears still had plenty of chances left with their tall receivers... I didn't exhale until Sam Shields sealed the deal.

Reaction score
OK so we all have our own opinions/thoughts on what TGGEP is.
Why should the media dictate which one it is since so many awesome ones have been played since that Giants/Colts game which includes the 4th and 8 or Confused Fumble for a TD victory over the Bears on 12/29/13.
Maybe I should have added in a few more words in the title like, "Of the Season" or "To me."
In any case, this to me is TGGEP. To get back at the Bears in this way is just so, so awesome with a great comeback by Rodgers and Cobb.
Folks and fans can disagree with me all they want to but they just need to realize that it is just my opinion and nothing more.

Hey FF, I didn't disagree with you, man! I said, "For me," in my post, to indicate my choice for what I considered to be the greatest game. I think all of us just chimed in to share our choices and not to belittle yours. At least that was my intention. I don't always agree with the media's choice of "greatest" games played, either. Yesterday's game WAS a great one to watch and I'm going to watch it over and over and over. It was nerve racking watching those last two possessions of the game. Having that NFC North championship win and the comeback win over Dallas occur in one season are two special treats for us Packer fans.

No, I'm not chastizing you for your perspective as to yesterday's game being the greatest ever played. You obviously enjoyed that game enough to rank it as such and you are entitled to your opinion and to having the right to express it here.

A couple observations about yesterday's game was the fact that we only had ONE penalty called against us: a 15 yard personal foul and thanks to that TD bomb from Rodgers to Cobb instead of getting into position for a successful FG by MC to put us up by just 2, the accurate lethal kicker, Robbie Gould, didn't get the opportunity to beat us at 0:00 :tup:

Last edited:

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For ME specifically to consider it the greatest game EVER played,
No, that would be the greatest game played since you started watching football, NOT the greatest ever played. "Ever" means in the entire history of the game. Not sure why you disregard history but I hope you only do it in regard to football.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey FF, I didn't disagree with you, man! I said, "For me," in my post, to indicate my choice for what I considered to be the greatest game. I think all of us just chimed in to share our choices and not to belittle yours. At least that was my intention. I don't always agree with the media's choice of "greatest" games played, either. Yesterday's game WAS a great one to watch and I'm going to watch it over and over and over. It was nerve racking watching those last two possessions of the game. Having that NFC North championship win and the comeback win over Dallas occur in one season are two special treats for us Packer fans.

No, I'm not chastizing you for your perspective as to yesterday's game being the greatest ever played. You obviously enjoyed that game enough to rank it as such and you are entitled to your opinion and to having the right to express it here.

A couple observations about yesterday's game was the fact that we only had ONE penalty called against us: a 15 yard personal foul and thanks to that TD bomb from Rodgers to Cobb, the accurate lethal kicker, Robbie Gould, didn't get the opportunity to beat us at 0:00 :tup:
Aw man, I didn't mean to stir the pot or seem to object to anything you wrote.
I'm cool with everything. :cool:
And I know what you mean. I kept watching 4th and 8 over and over again.
Makes me want to watch it again right now.
Right after that, when I knew that we had it, I went over to the front door, opened it and yelled as loud as I could, "THE BEARS STILL SUUUCK!!"
LOL

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, that would be the greatest game played since you started watching football, NOT the greatest ever played. "Ever" means in the entire history of the game. Not sure why you disregard history but I hope you only do it in regard to football.

I think some people put way too much stock into history and disregard some of the more modern events, but I digress. Since we're talking opinion here, to me, the Ice Bowl isn't "The greatest game ever played," because it doesn't resonate with me on a personal level. Same with how I can't get behind "The Catch" as being one of the greatest plays ever. That's not disregarding history, it's acknowledging that for me, historical plays or games don't carry the same significance as games or plays I've been able to enjoy personally.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't say this was the greatest game ever played, but is for SURE one of the greatest Packers games ever. This season has given us two of the greatest Packers games of all time, IMO. Week 14 vs. the Cowboys IN Dallas, battling back from a 23 point deficit, but also this NFC North title game. I went batsh!t crazy after Cobb caught that TD pass.

Oh, and the manager at the local Raley's grocery store, who is a Bears fan and sports his Urlacher jersey often, owes me a 6-pack of whatever I want.

REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 29th OF DECEMBER!
May I suggest some Johnny Walker Black Label. If that works, remember a tip to your old pal Poppa.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think some people put way too much stock into history and disregard some of the more modern events, but I digress. Since we're talking opinion here, to me, the Ice Bowl isn't "The greatest game ever played," because it doesn't resonate with me on a personal level. Same with how I can't get behind "The Catch" as being one of the greatest plays ever. That's not disregarding history, it's acknowledging that for me, historical plays or games don't carry the same significance as games or plays I've been able to enjoy personally.
I don't get "The Catch" either.
Was that because it was on it's way to the Niners being a dynasty team?
When did they begin to call it "The Catch?"
I mean, hell, we may as well call our recent 4th and 8 "The Better Catch" if this leads to a SB win.
So many great moments in football. Don't know what makes some stand out more than others.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ice Bowl isn't "The greatest game ever played," because it doesn't resonate with me on a personal level. Same with how I can't get behind "The Catch" as being one of the greatest plays ever. That's not disregarding history, it's acknowledging that for me, historical plays or games don't carry the same significance as games or plays I've been able to enjoy personally.
So who do you consider to be the greatest Packers coach ever, McCarthy?

I'm not trying to dog you or anything, I just don't understand the logic of disregarding everything prior to yourself in a discussion involving history.

Members online

Latest posts