The Darren Sharper I will miss...

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree he had promise, but he took the money and layed back. He spent no effort to improve himself in the offseason and that tells me he was just skatin' with the Pack. Too bad, I liked him to and saw the possibilities.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
swartzcatz said:
I agree he had promise, but he took the money and layed back. He spent no effort to improve himself in the offseason and that tells me he was just skatin' with the Pack. Too bad, I liked him to and saw the possibilities.

You certainly weren't alone in that category, catz.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i made the realization in a hurry that Sharper was never a major factor, quite possibly a major problem...in our "defense." I'm looking forward to how our safeties will look this year, hopefully Collins, Freeman, Little, etc. will HIT and not arm tackle

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
yeah i made the realization in a hurry that Sharper was never a major factor, quite possibly a major problem...in our "defense." I'm looking forward to how our safeties will look this year, hopefully Collins, Freeman, Little, etc. will HIT and not arm tackle

they all are known for hitting -- it is hard to imagine them tackling worse, and they are all Collins, Underwood and Freeman are all faster than Sharper[.

I pretty telling mark was when motor mouth started telling everyone how pretty he looked in purple. Hey Darren, the way you tackled last season I am quite sure you would look even prettier in pink.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt any of the veteran safties we signed will be as flashy as Sharper was in his prime, but I'm hoping they will be fundamentally more sound than Sharper was so we aren't giving up as many big plays.

Sharper and Roman each allowed 9 plays of 20 or more yards last year. That was the most for a Packer safety since 1999 when Sharper again had that many.

In Sharper's prime, he made some big plays. But he seems to gamble more often now and gives up more big plays than he makes. I think if we can just get a couple of sound safties back there we'll be better off than we were with Sharper last year.

Last year we won 3 games that Jue started for Sharper when Sharper was injured. That means we were 7-7 in games Sharper started if you include the playoff loss. So I think it's already been proven that Sharper won't be a big loss.

chickpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sharper

He was injured so much the past few seasons the defense could not depend on him. And when he was psuedo healthy and came in the young guys waited for him to guide them and he was to busy trying to keep up.

I do think Darren is a good person and tried hard for the team, but he wasn't conditioned well enough to avoid or tough enough to play through some of his injuries. Once he was thrust into the leadership position - I don't think he ever felt comfortable. He would have excelled it LeRoy was still playing beside him.

With that said - he will be a very average player for Minnesota. They lack the leadership necessary to be dominate and if they think that is what they bought in Darren, the are wrong.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sharper made plays, the problem is, he never made them when we needed him to, especially once LeRoy retired. He's never tackled well and now appears to be a step slow. I think the decision to release him was a no-brainer and will work out best for the Pack.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
...as flashy as Sharper was in his prime
Sorry - still dealing with this line..... "in his prime".... hmmmmm!
I'll say this - there was one Bears game.... in which... Darren was set up close to the line... and told to scramble for the QB over & over --- it was an amazing game and an amazing Darren Sharper that day.

I do believe shortly thereafter - he got his big contract and Darren went ****!

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only hope that we make sure to change things up against Sharper and the Vikes...

He came out running his mouth about how he knew Farve and the Packers O like the back of his hand.

Boy, would I love to make his head spin on a "way out of postion" TD pass.
A little creativity would help the Pack O in lots of ways anyways.

Burn the trader. :twisted:

Members online

Latest posts