The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
don't flatter yourself. Is "triggered" supposed to be some trigger word to evoke some sort of response?

I think the translation is "I've been called out again and my BS bias exposed, i have no other response that will hold any water so i'm going to call them "triggered" LOL

Still waiting on those 2 plays? I guess i've been triggered into requiring you to back up your BS or shut up with your BS? deal? 5 responses since it's been asked, not a single one addressing it. color me shocked :)
whatever.
i first was on the first drive. he held the ball and held it and threw it out right in front of an open guy. had he thrown it sooner it'd have been a completion. the 2nd was in the 2nd half. don't remember the particulars except troy even commented he'd have completed it had he thrown it sooner.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vintage.....check out his feet when he releases, how the hell does he do that?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
excellent play on both ends. Those types of plays have been available in pretty much every game and are missed on both ends of the equation. Hit those when they come up and suddenly nobody is asking why this offense isn't working well, because it will open up everything. They don't need to hit them all, just the ones where they synch up, like that.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
YELLOW WEASEL T-SHIRT
$28.00

ETA: I had the link to the Dan Patrick show but I deleted it when I remembered our rules against linking to T-Shirt sites.
Yeah, I'd hate to have to report you to a mod :)

Leave it to the Dan Patrick Show to come up with that, they're great at picking up on these obscure little references. They also brought out a "Shovel Your Own Snow" shirt after Aaron Rodgers said he shoveled his own snow in an interview. I wanted a shirt that actually said Yellow Weasel though, not just a pic of aweasel. I know, picky.

Reaction score
I am fine with people saying all of this, but you really need to acknowledge what I believe is the biggest factor in #12's supposed "downturn". This being the fact that beside Davante Adams, Rodgers has absolutely no talent around him in the way of receivers.

Our #2 WR right now is Allan Lazzard, a guy that did not even make the final 53. Who came in when Lazzard went down? Jake Fricking Kumerow, a guy that has been in the league since 2015 and couldn't even make the rosters of 2 other teams and was probably the #5 or 6th guy on our depth chart to start the season. What happened to the other guys? MVS, Allison, Shepherd? They just aren't that good.

So keep talking about Rodgers bad throws, his bad reads, etc. but when doing so, understand that he is not playing the game alone and completing passes requires far more than just being able to deliver a football on a targeted spot. Those who don't acknowledge the fact that Rodgers is surrounded by the worst collective talent that he has ever had to work with, aren't being truthful to themselves or anyone that they may be trying to convince that Aaron Rodgers "decline" is only about Aaron Rodgers.
IF the Packers win it all... I’d like to draw up a
T-Shirt comparing and contrasting all the “negative snippets” said about #12 this year with a background template of the Superbowl pictures and accolades.
I’d Like Pokerbrat2000 to help head up the project! Lol
Vintage.....check out his feet when he releases, how the hell does he do that?

That was an impressive 30 yard side arm throw on a dime. He used primarily his upper body as he was stationary which is impressive. The ball placement was a non-defendable pass once it cleared the LOS.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
IF the Packers win it all... I’d like to draw up a
T-Shirt comparing and contrasting all the “negative snippets” said about #12 this year with a background template of the Superbowl pictures and accolades.
I’d Like Pokerbrat2000 to help head up the project! Lol

:tup:

We will label it our "Yellow Weasel(s) Project"

and I think you meant to say "When" the Packers win it all. ;)

Sky King

Reaction score
:tup:

We will label it our "Yellow Weasel(s) Project"

and I think you meant to say "When" the Packers win it all. ;)
I make no prediction one way or the other. It's bad luck IMHO. However, this looks like a one-sided project meant not meant for self-aggrandization but derision of those who disagree with you. But it's your idea to chortle in advance, so it is also incumbent upon you to also provide an alternative if it does not go as you stated. Just hoping that nobody remembers this proposal will be wishful thinking. So, what do you plan to do if the Packers do not win the Super Bowl? ;)

BTW, I hope that they do win, of course.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So, what do you plan to do if the Packers do not win the Super Bowl? ;)

When it ends I will savor a very entertaining and wildly satisfying season and then prepare and look forward to next season.

At this point I already consider the season a big success. If you go back to my preseason prediction (I don't expect you to) I predicted something like a 9-7 finish and talked a lot (excessively)about how weak our WR group was. I stated several times that due to that weakness and the same issue at ILB, our season wouldn't get too far. So I am quite pleased that I was kind of wrong, at least on the final record prediction. The defense was better than I expected, thanks to the Smith Brothers being even better than I had hoped for and I liked the signings. The ILB group needs to get stronger and enough said about trying to find 3-6 guys to improve the WR and TE group.

As far as not winning the Super Bowl, that won't just be on #12 IMO, the whole team got us to the NFCCG, so it will be the whole team that either continues to win or loses one game at some point. I am sure if we don't win the SB, there will be some here that will look at this season as "another wasted year of a FHOF QB".

Sky King

Reaction score
When it ends I will savor a very entertaining and wildly satisfying season and then prepare and look forward to next season.

At this point I already consider the season a big success. If you go back to my preseason prediction (I don't expect you to) I predicted something like a 9-7 finish and talked a lot (excessively)about how weak our WR group was. I stated several times that due to that weakness and the same issue at ILB, our season wouldn't get too far. So I am quite pleased that I was kind of wrong, at least on the final record prediction. The defense was much better, thanks to the Smith Brothers being even better than I had hoped for and I liked the signings. The ILB group needs to get stronger and enough said about trying to find 3-6 guys to improve the WR and TE group.

As far as not winning the Super Bowl, that won't just be on #12 IMO, the whole team got us to the NFCCG, so it will be the whole team that either continues to win or loses one game at some point. I am sure if we don't win the SB, there will be some here that will look at the season and still label it "another wasted year of a FHOF QB".

No need to check on your preseason prediction. I believe you. Just busting yours and Old School's chops purely for the fun of it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I am sure if we don't win the SB, there will be some here that will look at this season as "another wasted year of a FHOF QB".
Hopefully most will look at it from the perspective that the organization has done more in putting pieces around Rodgers (defense, running game, etc.) than what he has had to work with in the past to put the team in position for Rodgers to help them win more Super Bowls (yes, plural).

I haven't been this realistically optimistic about the Packers winning a Super Bowl since 2014. And it's only going to get better next year.

Reaction score
I make no prediction one way or the other. It's bad luck IMHO. However, this looks like a one-sided project meant not meant for self-aggrandization but derision of those who disagree with you. But it's your idea to chortle in advance, so it is also incumbent upon you to also provide an alternative if it does not go as you stated.
I swear this had the initial makings for the next Gettysburg address (less the Four Score verbiage!)
This could be Abraham’s dressing down of General George B. McClellen in 1864. Nicely done!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly. For all of the raving most have been doing about Lazard, are we even sure he'll be on the roster next year? Think about it. We're ranting and raving about an undrafted free agent who didn't even make the initial 53 man roster.

Rodgers hasn't been all time great and he hasn't exhibited his peak ability as it relates to accuracy. But there have been flashes this year where you've seen that the man obviously still has all of the tools necessary.

New system + subpar receiving talent (less Davante) = less than peak level Aaron Rodgers. I'm not sure why some expected a seamless transition.

2015 was a down year for Rodgers. His leading receiver for the year was a washed up James Jones. Finished the season with him, Janis, and Abberderis. Along with a slow footed Richard Rodgers and a fat Eddie Lacy. It should come as no surprise that the next year with Jordy, Cobb, another year of seasoning for Davante, and the addition of Cook, you saw a more effective Rodgers.

Pretending as if his receiving talent has little or no causation to Rodgers' performance/statistics is humorous at best.

Mondio makes great points as it relates to the timing routes. All of these things have to be taken into consideration.

Again...I'll emphasize. Rodgers has not been as good as he's been known to be in the past. Some of that is on him. But some of it can also be attributed to what he has to work with.

I'll emphasize..

We all agree talent is lacking.

We all agree rodgers has had bad moments.

We all agree new system affects this.

But the lack of talent should not be an excuse for over throws to wheel routes or slants. Which is what I had issues with vs Detroit.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again I feel like we're beating a dead horse at this point. We'll just have to wait till Sunday and see what happens.

Sky King

Reaction score
Rodgers can still look much like his old self over the course of an entire game despite the numerous other factors that have been discussed at length on the forum. He played quite well the last game and also for a few others during the season. What I wonder is how many of these he can string together anymore? Two more this season would be really nice.

D

Deleted member 6794

**I am happy they have focused on the defense early in the draft the past two years, but now focusing on this position is a must**

The Packers have used their first pick on a defensive player each of the last eight years and their first two selections on that side of the ball five times over that period.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with drafting WRs is that they take time to develop, and that's not even taking into consideration that it takes Rodgers time to gain trust in them. That's not really good news, considering his clock is ticking.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The problem with drafting WRs is that they take time to develop, and that's not even taking into consideration that it takes Rodgers time to gain trust in them. That's not really good news, considering his clock is ticking.

Fully agree with you, its hard to deny the facts of history with the WR's in Green Bay. So what does that mean, when your WR's depth chart looks like the Packers current one? Gute is going to have to go out and sign a decent FA WR or even trade for one. After that, I think he should double down and draft one high and one mid round.

Davante has 2 more years on what has turned out to be a spectacular deal for the Packers, time to draft his potential replacement or his compliment, but until such time as that player is ready, get some proven veteran help.

I see our WR depth chart for next year looking something like this:
  1. Davante
  2. FA signing
  3. Lazard
  4. High Rd. Rookie
  5. MVS
  6. ESB
  7. Rookie

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not as true as it has been in the past. College teams have become more pro style offenses. It even goes back to high school as more teams are significantly more pass orientated than a year ago.

Anyway, Deebo Samuel and AJ Brown both made significant contributions as rookies this season. Both taken in the 2nd round, I might add. Not that you can count on that, but it is more common these days.

This, fortunately, appears to be a good year for WRs. There are perhaps a dozen WRs that will go in the first 2 rounds and I am sure some of them will contribute as rookies.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of that in the past has simply been situational too. There has always been good WR's in front of the young guys. They weren't pressed into performing at a high level. They were worked in as the proven guys got the most looks.

But today, we don't have the same talent and nobody is stepping up either. I think Cobb, Jordy, Jennings and maybe even Jones if pressed into action as more than being the 3rd, 4th option on limited snaps and instead were looking at #2 snaps all season long they'd have had much better numbers early on.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fully agree with you, its hard to deny the facts of history with the WR's in Green Bay. So what does that mean, when your WR's depth chart looks like the Packers current one? Gute is going to have to go out and sign a decent FA WR or even trade for one. After that, I think he should double down and draft one high and one mid round.

Davante has 2 more years on what has turned out to be a spectacular deal for the Packers, time to draft his potential replacement or his compliment, but until such time as that player is ready, get some proven veteran help.

I see our WR depth chart for next year looking something like this:
  1. Davante
  2. FA signing
  3. Lazard
  4. High Rd. Rookie
  5. MVS
  6. ESB
  7. Rookie
Where's Geronimo? My guess, somewhere between high end rookie and MVS.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gmo would be better than "just fine" if he had better ball security. It just always seems to be moving. He makes some really big catches for us, he's not the most physically gifted guy in the world, but he's a good blocker, decent enough route runner. He's where he's supposed to be and has made some big plays, even last week against the Seahawks. Big 3rd down grab and not easy.

But he doesn't always catch it cleanly. he can, he's made fantastic catches, but inconsistent. Lots of double clutches that result in drops when they shouldn't. that looseness seems to carry over to running after the catch too. that ball is always out away from his body and subsequently it gets knocked out a fair amount. Doesn't always lose them, but i'd rather not see it get knocked out at all.

Staff online

Members online