The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agreed with you but I still can't help but wonder if Rodgers is even looking much at another receiver. He was bummed early on when Kumerow dropped a pass and then towards the end, he threw a ball to Adams with 3 defenders on him and I thought l saw Kumerow over the middle and open. Don't think it can only be Adams. But he sure looked good last night.
He did try to go to adams when adams was dbl covered almost triple...

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
only had a 59% completion percentage (with one drop i believe) and had a couple of inexplicable throwaways but he laid some dimes to adams that were perfect. had some quick releases. used the middle of the field a lot too (something i mentioned in another thread that would benefit the team). featured the TE. had several good moments.
which were inexplicable, consensus of the crowd other than the one to a well covered Adams and I think Ervin open on he sideline, everyone could see exactly why he chose to throw a few away. you act like you see everything on the field, so what's the deal? felt the need to take a shot?

And EVERYBODY knows we could use the middle of the field. The only difference is you don't see how young receivers, NOT being consistent in the pass catching, their route running or their reads on a route effect that. You think a HOF QB who used to feast on every area of the field is avoiding it because he doesn't want to run the offense.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
only had a 59% completion percentage (with one drop i believe) and had a couple of inexplicable throwaways but he laid some dimes to adams that were perfect. had some quick releases. used the middle of the field a lot too (something i mentioned in another thread that would benefit the team). featured the TE. had several good moments.
which were inexplicable, consensus of the crowd other than the one to a well covered Adams and I think Ervin open on he sideline, everyone could see exactly why he chose to throw a few away. you act like you see everything on the field, so what's the deal? felt the need to take a shot?

And EVERYBODY knows we could use the middle of the field. The only difference is you don't see how young receivers, NOT being consistent in the pass catching, their route running or their reads on a route effect that. You think a HOF QB who used to feast on every area of the field is avoiding it because he doesn't want to run the offense.
What's funny is that gary has been insisting that Rodgers cannot get the ball down the field anymore. Perfect completion percentage on balls that traveled over 10 yards. But we shouldn't be targeting those plays because Rodgers can't make those plays anymore. The two TD passes that he had were throws of over 10 yards, the very plays gary said that he cannot make anymore.

Now he's walking it back talking about some short misses.

For all intents and purposes, Rodgers played a really solid game and came through when it mattered on consecutive 3rd and long plays to ice the game.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

*facepalm* the Packers are notorious for primarily using the sidelines...come on.
he had two throwaways with guys open early but held the ball instead. overall it was his best game of the season.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's funny is that gary has been insisting that Rodgers cannot get the ball down the field anymore. Perfect completion percentage on balls that traveled over 10 yards. But we shouldn't be targeting those plays because Rodgers can't make those plays anymore. The two TD passes that he had were throws of over 10 yards, the very plays gary said that he cannot make anymore.

Now he's walking it back talking about some short misses.

For all intents and purposes, Rodgers played a really solid game and came through when it mattered on consecutive 3rd and long plays to ice the game.
10 yards? lol. that's not downfield. it's the deep balls he's struggled with. no one can say he hasn't.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
10 yards? lol. that's not downfield. it's the deep balls he's struggled with. no one can say he hasn't.
You can change your definition of it all you want to. If he would have over thrown or under thrown them you wouldn't have shut up about them.

The two TD throws were well over 10 yards. So adjust your definition of downfield accordingly.

If he throws a 40 yarder next game, just move it to 50. And so forth.

Swagger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. I thought it was his best game of the season given the opposition.

Let's hope the baaaad man can carry this form going forwards.

Some of those throws on third down were immense under pressure. My favourite was actually the third and 6 in the 3rd quarter to Graham. Such a tight window pretty much in double coverage. So easy to throw a pick there but we needed to risk the completion.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You can change your definition of it all you want to. If he would have over thrown or under thrown them you wouldn't have shut up about them.

The two TD throws were well over 10 yards. So adjust your definition of downfield accordingly.

If he throws a 40 yarder next game, just move it to 50. And so forth.
you have me mixed up with someone else. he's had accuracy issues all season at all distances but all i've commented on were the deep balls that again no one can say he hasn't struggled with.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*facepalm* the Packers are notorious for primarily using the sidelines...come on.
he had two throwaways with guys open early but held the ball instead. overall it was his best game of the season.
also hitting quick slants and play action 20+ yards down the center and everything else. You think the back shoulder to Jordy was all Aaron could ever do? LOL

What 2 plays, specifically. I remember 1 where I thought it was clearly a poor decision and play. Can't give a QB 1 bad play a game? or even 2? Come on.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
also hitting quick slants and play action 20+ yards down the center and everything else. You think the back shoulder to Jordy was all Aaron could ever do? LOL

What 2 plays, specifically. I remember 1 where I thought it was clearly a poor decision and play. Can't give a QB 1 bad play a game? or even 2? Come on.
slants have been pretty rare since jordy's departure. one last night. one the game before that i think. i'll bet there've been less than 10 all season. the Packers are a numbers-out team. that can't be argued. last night they used the middle a lot more.
i give him plenty of bad plays a game. i said it was his best game of the season. i've also consistently said he's a good qb.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slants have been pretty rare since jordy's departure. one last night. one the game before that i think. i'll bet there've been less than 10 all season. the Packers are a numbers-out team. that can't be argued. last night they used the middle a lot more.
i give him plenty of bad plays a game. i said it was his best game of the season. i've also consistently said he's a good qb.
and why do you think slants have not been run as much? Because Rodgers can't, doesn't want to, or refuses to throw them? Or the other very valid and very likely reasons that have been put forth 437 times this season?

so what are the 2 he should have gone elsewhere with but inexplicably chose to throw away. I want down and distance, game situation and the play.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
and why do you think slants have not been run as much? Because Rodgers can't, doesn't want to, or refuses to throw them? Or the other very valid and very likely reasons that have been put forth 437 times this season?

so what are the 2 he should have gone elsewhere with but inexplicably chose to throw away. I want down and distance, game situation and the play.
Saying that Rodgers had his best game of the season and leaving it at that is something gary isn't capable of doing. He's going to harp on the supposed 2 missed "shorties", yet has made no mention that I've seen about how great the two 3rd and long conversions were to ice the game.

It's his schtick.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saying that Rodgers had his best game of the season and leaving it at that is something gary isn't capable of doing. He's going to harp on the supposed 2 missed "shorties", yet has made no mention that I've seen about how great the two 3rd and long conversions were to ice the game.

It's his schtick.
i haven't harped on anything this morning. you guys are triggered to easily by me.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i haven't harped on anything this morning. you guys are triggered to easily by me.
don't flatter yourself. Is "triggered" supposed to be some trigger word to evoke some sort of response?

I think the translation is "I've been called out again and my BS bias exposed, i have no other response that will hold any water so i'm going to call them "triggered" LOL

Still waiting on those 2 plays? I guess i've been triggered into requiring you to back up your BS or shut up with your BS? deal? 5 responses since it's been asked, not a single one addressing it. color me shocked :)

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do have another nitpick from yesterday, (@longtimefan you're going to love this. ;) ) On that "controversial" first down that sealed the win, Rodgers threw the ball WAY too low, it was an amazing catch by Graham tbh. If Rodgers threw it a bit higher, then I doubt Graham would've stumbled and he would've at least gotten an additional two or three yards.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I do have another nitpick from yesterday, (@longtimefan you're going to love this. ;) ) On that "controversial" first down that sealed the win, Rodgers threw the ball WAY too low, it was an amazing catch by Graham tbh. If Rodgers threw it a bit higher, then I doubt Graham would've stumbled and he would've at least gotten an additional two or three yards.

Or Rodgers gets hit or throws the ball way over Graham's head or........

"If ifs and ands were pots and pans, there'd be no work for tinkers' hands”

Reaction score
Aaron made the throws necessary to Win. I think people put more emphasis on stats than winning.
In response to pure stats...
I’m very confident in saying that if Rodgers had 1 or 2 more veteran, upper echelon in the WR/TE group, He would still have some misses, throwaways and drops, but he’d also have 2-3 more catches per game erasing a few of that category.

Just 2 more catches takes him from 59% to 67%. That’s also the difference between throwing for 300+ instead of 267. It doesn’t take much.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably Rodgers best game of the season.

While waiting for the game, I was doing a household project. I kept the TV on NFLN and would pay attention to any bit on the Packers. The first show and the GMFB both had bits on Rodgers. The gist of both was 'what the hell is wrong with AR?' They both played multiple clips where WRs are running free and AR throws it away, or deep into double tight coverage. They also both showed a montage of bad throws.

The first guy concluded that AR wants to throw a great pass whereas Brady wants to throw to a completion. Not sure I agree with his conclusion.

Nate Burlson was the 2nd guy and concluded that AR is not comfortable in the system. Said AR had a passer rating in the 50s when throwing farther than 10 yards. That was hard to believe.

I think some fans have difficulty critiquing their heroes, but this is out there. I have seen several other similar bits. One by Kurt Warner.

He made some great throws and some WRs made some great catches.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score

While waiting for the game, I was doing a household project. I kept the TV on NFLN and would pay attention to any bit on the Packers. The first show and the GMFB both had bits on Rodgers. The gist of both was 'what the hell is wrong with AR?' They both played multiple clips where WRs are running free and AR throws it away, or deep into double tight coverage. They also both showed a montage of bad throws.

The first guy concluded that AR wants to throw a great pass whereas Brady wants to throw to a completion. Not sure I agree with his conclusion.

Nate Burlson was the 2nd guy and concluded that AR is not comfortable in the system. Said AR had a passer rating in the 50s when throwing farther than 10 yards. That was hard to believe.

I think some fans have difficulty critiquing their heroes, but this is out there. I have seen several other similar bits. One by Kurt Warner.

He made some great throws and some WRs made some great catches.
Rodgers best game was against Oakland imo.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All things considered, probably. At this point in time, Russell Wilson is probably a better quarterback.. Patrick Mahomes is probably a better passer. The 49ers probably have a better team. The Titans have some sort of mojo going on right now.

But Rodgers has the playoff experience, and he has the poise (to use his word). He also led the team without the usual eye rolling and bad body language. This will be Rodgers fourth NFCCG. If he can channel that poise to the rest of the team, that's our best chance.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Rodgers and the Packers best games this year are the 14 that they have won and they will be going for #15 and hopefully #16 right after that. :coffee:

#WinPrettyWinUglyJustWinBaby