The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Please though. How did he play poorly against Atlanta? I’d love to hear it.

Atlanta wasn't as bad as the others, and he wasn't helped by the Ripkowski fumble. But he did throw a pick, and when you're unable to score until you're down 31-0 in the second half, you did not have a good game.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta wasn't as bad as the others, and he wasn't helped by the Ripkowski fumble. But he did throw a pick, and when you're unable to score until you're down 31-0 in the second half, you did not have a good game.
When your defense gives up 31 points, and your kicker misses FGs, and your FB fumbles the ball, you're prone to take chances that you normally wouldn't. So Idk what kind of point you're trying to make but that wasn't on Rodgers.

D

Deleted member 6794

.....and how many rookie WR's didn't make an impact with other teams? I would go one step further and ask, "When was the last time a rookie WR made an impact on an AR run offense?"

However, we need someone to step up NOW and while I think it can possibly happen, I don't want to see the Packers go into the draft absolutely needing to find a WR who has to come right in and be their #2.

I want the Packers to sign a veteran wide receiver in free agency who could fill the #2 role on the depth chart as well but I'm just opposed to Cobb being the one.

Once again, the draft class at receiver is considered to be extremely deep this year. With the team lacking talent at the position it shouldn't take long for Rodgers to target a talented rookie next season on a regular basis.

We better hope MVS, whose career so far is similar to Adams' first 2 seasons, has a great 3rd season. We can't afford to draft more WRs and wait 1-2 seasons for them to develop.

While MVS has put up similar numbers to Adams in his first two seasons there's no reason to expect him to develop into an elite receiver as well as it seems he has regressed since early this season and definitely lacks the ability to run precise routes like Adams displayed early in his career.

As far as Sanders, I don’t believe GB would be much of an underdog (if any) if SF had passed on him and GB had signed him (the reciprocal).

I don't think the Packers having Sanders would make any difference this week.

I don't think it was a mistake in that they didn't know what they were doing, it was just part of the plan.

There's no reason to believe that the Packers not having a decent #2 all season long was part of the plan. It was a mistake made by the front office and the coaching staff who believed the receiving corps to be more talented.

They will get a chance to correct it next offseason.

Unless Gute swings a deal, we will be picking at #30 or later, I honestly don't expect a bonafide impact player (his rookie season) to be sitting there, so Free Agency will be Gutes friend again.

Once again, all six rookie receivers that caught passes for more than 600 yards this season were selected in the second round or later. It will definitely be possible for Gutekunst to draft an impact WR at 32.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you understand that I wasn't meaning they thought having no quality #2's on the team was part of a plan and they tried for it. the plan was get Petting what he needs because he knows what he needs. Let MLF try and develop the guys he has, see what he has and determines what he needs and get it next year. With limits on what you can spend and who you can pick they did what they could.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle was horrible..Yes bad leg? Shin? But interception in endzone to Sherman..
We settle for to many fg to In red zone.

If you find that thread I defended the defense and laid blame on offense
That int in the endzone was a free play, it was. They jumped offsides and he did what they always did, threw to the endzone. The officials blew it. I remember another one where Jordy stumbled out of his break and it went off his finger tips. That's what happens in a timing offense. Outside of a bad throw to Cobb for a pick, it wasn't a bad game. Heck he threw a ball for a first down to likely win the game and the TE had it punched out/dropped.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seattle was horrible..Yes bad leg? Shin? But interception in endzone to Sherman..
We settle for to many fg to In red zone.

If you find that thread I defended the defense and laid blame on offense
Pages 168-166 are the primary pages where threads mostly go over that meltdown we had.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
That int in the endzone was a free play, it was. They jumped offsides and he did what they always did, threw to the endzone. The officials blew it. I remember another one where Jordy stumbled out of his break and it went off his finger tips. That's what happens in a timing offense. Outside of a bad throw to Cobb for a pick, it wasn't a bad game. Heck he threw a ball for a first down to likely win the game and the TE had it punched out/dropped.
We have a thread on it..And it's a diff day..

Go pack go

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm pretty sure you understand that I wasn't meaning they thought having no quality #2's on the team was part of a plan and they tried for it. the plan was get Petting what he needs because he knows what he needs. Let MLF try and develop the guys he has, see what he has and determines what he needs and get it next year. With limits on what you can spend and who you can pick they did what they could.

My point is that the front office thought they have a decent #2 wide receiver on the roster but made a mistake evaluating the talent level at the position.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You've got to remember these sports shows are just mindless chatter for the most part. The idea isn't so much to be "right" as to be saying something, anything, just to fill time. And if you can set two people with opposite opinions against each other, so much the better, then you get the debate angle. It's just entertainment, kind of like The View or Oprah for men.

As for Skip, as I said before, he's such a cartoon character he doesn't bother me. I have no doubt he dislikes Rodgers, but there are times he can't keep the smile from creeping onto his face when he's bashing him. He knows he's full of ****, well sometimes he knows.

I seem to recall someone saying that the reason Skip hates Rodgers is that he was a big Favre supporter, and went on at the time that it was a big mistake for the Packers to move on from Favre to Rodgers. Rodgers kind of proved him wrong, and he dug in from there. I don't know if that is true or not, because I didn't watch First Take back then.

I wouldn't know either because I wouldn't watch Skip Clueless even if that was the only show on the air. :tdown:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we not talk about this game on the day of another NFC Championship game? I feel this gives bad Juju. If we have to talk about one, let's talk about the one we won.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point is that the front office thought they have a decent #2 wide receiver on the roster but made a mistake evaluating the talent level at the position.
Did they? Or did they concede that someone has to develop because our resources need to be spent elsewhere in a draft weaker on WR and stronger in areas we needed?

I think the guys and positions we addressed and brought in are the reason we’re here today. If they had kept Cobb and not gotten any one of those FAs or picked a potential WR instead of savage or Jenkins I don’t think we are where we are.
Even Gary has played a small but important role.

Reaction score
I don't think the Packers having Sanders would make any difference this week.
It would absolutely make a difference if Sanders was off the 49ers and playing for GB today. Not even a question in my mind.

We’ve been dealt the cards we’ve been dealt, so the best we can do is play our hand perfectly. Hopefully our young WR group will step up and shine. Big game today, they’ve got to step up their game as does Rodgers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Did they? Or did they concede that someone has to develop because our resources need to be spent elsewhere in a draft weaker on WR and stronger in areas we needed?

I think the guys and positions we addressed and brought in are the reason we’re here today. If they had kept Cobb and not gotten any one of those FAs or picked a potential WR instead of savage or Jenkins I don’t think we are where we are.
Even Gary has played a small but important role.

There's no doubt that overall Gutekunst has done a great job of improving the roster over last season. In my opinion there would have been resources available to upgrade the receiving corps as well though.

I believe the front office expected at least one of the youngsters to make a significant jump in year two but unfortunately that didn't happen.

It would absolutely make a difference if Sanders was off the 49ers and playing for GB today. Not even a question in my mind.

I don't think so as Lazard has put up the same numbers as Sanders over the past four games.

Sky King

Reaction score
One of several articles that virtually bypass today's game. I love these types of articles. They're already going to be playing two weeks from now according to the media's ear-tickling narrative and hopefully, some of that entitlement mentality has sufficiently rubbed off on the 49er team just as it apparently has on so many of its fans:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/super-bowl-49ers-lose-after-titans-nfl-playoff-upset-ravens

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/05/the-49ers-now-have-a-gold-paved-path-to-the-super-bowl/

https://clutchpoints.com/4-reasons-the-san-francisco-49ers-will-win-the-super-bowl/

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He has really stucken it up .. Jesus Christ.

Our defense was bad today but the fumbled snap, missed reads, and interception didn't help

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is really fortunate the overrated Bears made the NFC Championship in 2010, otherwise he'd be retiring with zero Super Bowls.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be acceptable messages of 'dude you were right 10 years ago' in my inbox, I won't force any of you to say it publicly

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This O-Line is overrated. Bulaga should not start anymore, stop looking at the name and look at the tape. Last draft and free agency went towards Defense. Next season should go to O-Line, WRs, and TE's. Very disappointing first half.