1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by XPack, Dec 7, 2018.

What's our main problem?

1. Aaron Rodgers decline in form

32.8%
  2. Lack of support in offense to AR

51.3%
  3. Defense needs to improve

16.0%
  1. PackAttack12

PackAttack12 R-E-L-A-X

Packer Fan Since:
    To be kind, I’ll grant you the first two, even though Seattle is highly debatable.

Please though. How did he play poorly against Atlanta? I’d love to hear it.

2. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    He didn't play poorly in Seattle. he had one bad pass out to Cobb, that was it. The rest was great defense or stumbles by other offensive players. That other INT was a free play he just threw to the endzone but the officials never threw the flag. he and everyone else saw it, it was, except it wasn't. Oh well. But he played pretty well against that defense with a bum leg.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. PackAttack12

PackAttack12 R-E-L-A-X

Packer Fan Since:
    You know exactly what it’s about. Don’t play.

4. pacmaniac

pacmaniac Cheesehead

Atlanta wasn't as bad as the others, and he wasn't helped by the Ripkowski fumble. But he did throw a pick, and when you're unable to score until you're down 31-0 in the second half, you did not have a good game.

5. Do7

Do7 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    When your defense gives up 31 points, and your kicker misses FGs, and your FB fumbles the ball, you're prone to take chances that you normally wouldn't. So Idk what kind of point you're trying to make but that wasn't on Rodgers.

6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I want the Packers to sign a veteran wide receiver in free agency who could fill the #2 role on the depth chart as well but I'm just opposed to Cobb being the one.

Once again, the draft class at receiver is considered to be extremely deep this year. With the team lacking talent at the position it shouldn't take long for Rodgers to target a talented rookie next season on a regular basis.

While MVS has put up similar numbers to Adams in his first two seasons there's no reason to expect him to develop into an elite receiver as well as it seems he has regressed since early this season and definitely lacks the ability to run precise routes like Adams displayed early in his career.

I don't think the Packers having Sanders would make any difference this week.

There's no reason to believe that the Packers not having a decent #2 all season long was part of the plan. It was a mistake made by the front office and the coaching staff who believed the receiving corps to be more talented.

They will get a chance to correct it next offseason.

Once again, all six rookie receivers that caught passes for more than 600 yards this season were selected in the second round or later. It will definitely be possible for Gutekunst to draft an impact WR at 32.

7. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I'm pretty sure you understand that I wasn't meaning they thought having no quality #2's on the team was part of a plan and they tried for it. the plan was get Petting what he needs because he knows what he needs. Let MLF try and develop the guys he has, see what he has and determines what he needs and get it next year. With limits on what you can spend and who you can pick they did what they could.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    That int in the endzone was a free play, it was. They jumped offsides and he did what they always did, threw to the endzone. The officials blew it. I remember another one where Jordy stumbled out of his break and it went off his finger tips. That's what happens in a timing offense. Outside of a bad throw to Cobb for a pick, it wasn't a bad game. Heck he threw a ball for a first down to likely win the game and the TE had it punched out/dropped.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Do7

Do7 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Pages 168-166 are the primary pages where threads mostly go over that meltdown we had.

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    We have a thread on it..And it's a diff day..

Go pack go

11. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    My point is that the front office thought they have a decent #2 wide receiver on the roster but made a mistake evaluating the talent level at the position.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Pugger

Pugger Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I wouldn't know either because I wouldn't watch Skip Clueless even if that was the only show on the air. :tdown:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Do7

Do7 Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Can we not talk about this game on the day of another NFC Championship game? I feel this gives bad Juju. If we have to talk about one, let's talk about the one we won.

14. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    Amen....

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Did they? Or did they concede that someone has to develop because our resources need to be spent elsewhere in a draft weaker on WR and stronger in areas we needed?

I think the guys and positions we addressed and brought in are the reason we’re here today. If they had kept Cobb and not gotten any one of those FAs or picked a potential WR instead of savage or Jenkins I don’t think we are where we are.
    Even Gary has played a small but important role.

16. OldSchool101

OldSchool101 Pack

It would absolutely make a difference if Sanders was off the 49ers and playing for GB today. Not even a question in my mind.

We’ve been dealt the cards we’ve been dealt, so the best we can do is play our hand perfectly. Hopefully our young WR group will step up and shine. Big game today, they’ve got to step up their game as does Rodgers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    There's no doubt that overall Gutekunst has done a great job of improving the roster over last season. In my opinion there would have been resources available to upgrade the receiving corps as well though.

I believe the front office expected at least one of the youngsters to make a significant jump in year two but unfortunately that didn't happen.

I don't think so as Lazard has put up the same numbers as Sanders over the past four games.

18. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    This..

But Kenny Clark

• Like Like x 2
  19. Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000 Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.

Packer Fan Since:
    A pick six by Amos or Jaire would be nice too :)

If the Packers can win the turnover battle by 2 today, I see a trip to the SuperBowl and of course if the defense can score a TD or even 2....even better!

20. Sky King

Sky King 158.3

Packer Fan Since:
    One of several articles that virtually bypass today's game. I love these types of articles. They're already going to be playing two weeks from now according to the media's ear-tickling narrative and hopefully, some of that entitlement mentality has sufficiently rubbed off on the 49er team just as it apparently has on so many of its fans:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/super-bowl-49ers-lose-after-titans-nfl-playoff-upset-ravens

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/01/05/the-49ers-now-have-a-gold-paved-path-to-the-super-bowl/

https://clutchpoints.com/4-reasons-the-san-francisco-49ers-will-win-the-super-bowl/

21. PackinMSP

PackinMSP Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    He has really stucken it up .. Jesus Christ.

Our defense was bad today but the fumbled snap, missed reads, and interception didn't help

22. pacmaniac

pacmaniac Cheesehead

Rodgers is really fortunate the overrated Bears made the NFC Championship in 2010, otherwise he'd be retiring with zero Super Bowls.

23. PackinMSP

PackinMSP Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    He just doesn't perform well in the NFC championship game

24. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Going in the way back machine huh?

25. PackinMSP

PackinMSP Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Lol he just hasn't performed well like we need him to man, plain and simple