The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do think we gotta consider getting our next QB this offseason ... IF there is a guy who will really hit his stride and get those big wins. Rodgers certainly doesn't elude defenders the way he used to, and in today's league the ability to do that and buy more time I think is more important than ever. We won't be starting a rookie hot off the draft week 1 this next season, but if we got a guy who has clearly shown he can make big time throws unlike Mr Bama Bust, I'd say get him and start the coaching up process. Tough part is I don't think we're going to be lucky enough to land a Mahomes.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is that a serious question? Look at how many QBs they have gone through....

Honestly, I don't think that matters.

Since AR was drafted,

GB = 1 SB appearance
SF = 2 SB appearances

so who do you think they would prefer?

Sure AR "talent wise" is better than anyone they have, but it's a TEAM game, and i'd rather have SB appearances/wins

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think that matters.

Since AR was drafted,

GB = 1 SB appearance
SF = 2 SB appearances

so who do you think they would prefer?

Sure AR "talent wise" is better than anyone they have, but it's a TEAM game, and i'd rather have SB appearances/wins
And the one qb isn't even a back up now...

Your argument is weak

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the one qb isn't even a back up now...

Your argument is weak

I'm not taking anything away from anyone man

I'm just saying facts... I"m really tired of AR not just "lighting it up" and "taking over" an NFCCG.

The FACTS remain he's 1-3 now in NFCCG's with his only win, a stinker.

We need him to really just "take over" the game and win it by himself basically as unfair as that sounds...it's just the way it is.

Mahomes did a hell of a job of doing that earlier today actually

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I'm just saying facts... I"m really tired of AR not just "lighting it up" and "taking over" an NFCCG.

We need him to really just "take over" the game and win it by himself basically as unfair as that sounds...it's just the way it is.

I've said last few months he isn't hitting open people..he wasn't Detroit bad today

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

that's not a qb stat. this loss is on everyone. they deserve some credit for getting this far though. they overachieved this year due to better D, some good luck, a running game, and remarkable health.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm certain the 9ers aren't regretting not drafting him.

BTW, what happened to Rodgers' iron grip that he displayed on the play before the pass to Cook in the Cowboys playoff game? Seems like he fumbles almost every time he's hit now.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean there's more to life than football obviously, but damn this wasn't even close lol

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Next year there will be a LOT of prsssure in Aaron though...

I hate to really just pin him in a corner per say, but it's 100% DEFINITELY a "put up or shut up" year for AR next year.

So he will have to really have a great year and can't have a "slow start" in a potential NFCCG(should we make it back) next year.

It's really going to be a "put up or shut up" year for him

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any game in California really going all the way back to '08
Why am I NOT surprised to see you sly your way back in here after this loss? The worst thing is I can't refute what you're saying because Rodgers played poorly. You were waiting for this to happen. Won't be surprised if we see Quientus as well in the next couple days.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not always about completion percentage

The fumbled snap? The missed 3rd down throw to Graham that aikman called out? The sacks?
Was the fumbled snap Rodger's fault? I thought the snap was way short. What happened there? I was surprised he did not dive into the line right away though. Could he have done that?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This O-Line is overrated. Bulaga should not start anymore, stop looking at the name and look at the tape. Last draft and free agency went towards Defense. Next season should go to O-Line, WRs, and TE's. Very disappointing first half.

What is the point of drafting WRs and TEs as long as Rodgers is our QB? He has trust issues with young players. He simply won't throw to them unless he has no choice. Do you think drafting a WR with our #30 pick this year will change that?

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No surprise that you crawl out of your hole after the Packers lose their first game since the week of Thanksgiving. Trolling ***.

Not trolling. Fact is he sucks in his home state, always has probably always will and right now that's 3 out of 32 stadiums in the league he plays in. Imagine Michael Jordan back in the day not being able to play well in 3 buildings in the NBA. What about Gretzky not being able to play in multiple buildings? Imagine Bryce Harper stinking out the joint in 3 ballparks. I make valid points and it's "trolling" because I'm not all 'oh geez oh gosh golly gee willickers we have a great team and the best QB ever, and he's perfect and everything is perfect.' I'm not trolling, what I AM...is right.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was the fumbled snap Rodger's fault? I thought the snap was way short. What happened there? I was surprised he did not dive into the line right away though. Could he have done that?

If you watch the replay, Rodgers is pulling away before the ball gets there. If he hadn't moved his hands, the ball would have been right there. Not the center's fault.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you watch the replay, Rodgers is pulling away before the ball gets there. If he hadn't moved his hands, the ball would have been right there. Not the center's fault.

This.

....or he could have just DOVE or at least try to "fight" for the ball...??

I mean **** that was a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY bad fumble considering the timing and situation and everything...

We were still technically in the game at that point..

so if we score a TD there, who knows...?

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mishandled snaps happen. What bugged me about the play was that Rodgers acted like Cam Newton and didn't make even a half-assed attempt to recover it. Inexcusable.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im scratching my head. AR still has the potential to go all the way, he does. His behavior this year has been deplorable at times. Whiny, inconsistent, and just flat out weird. I expected him to lead this team at this point and what I am starting to see is very Philip Rivers like. I cannot put my finger on what exactly the problem is. I cannot, but somethings not right.

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im scratching my head. AR still has the potential to go all the way, he does. His behavior this year has been deplorable at times. Whiny, inconsistent, and just flat out weird. I expected him to lead this team at this point and what I am starting to see is very Philip Rivers like. I cannot put my finger on what exactly the problem is. I cannot, but somethings not right.

We/I can kind of give him a "pass" this year as it was a BRAND NEW offense with new terminology for the first time in his 13/14+ years... And not to mention he had a bunch of UDFA's at WR besides Davante

But I think next year will really be "put up or shut up" for AR, I expect the FO to get AT LEAST one other WR and one other TE....at the BARE minimum

Members online

Latest posts