The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 6794

Your analysis of this misses one major factor that hasn’t been talked about and explains Rodgers yards and TD figures being below average.

AARON JONES & JAMAAL WILLIAMS

Jones - 15 TDs - 12 rushing TD. Which is about 10 more than a RB has had since Lacy in 2014 by Rd 14. So there’s 10 TD removed from Aaron which he normally would have had to throw.

Williams - 6 TDs - 1 rushing TD. Going to ignore this because Kuhn used to get 1-2 per year.

So if you add on 10 passing TDs stolen by Jones and say 300 Rushing yards stolen by Jones and Williams on those TDs Rodgers stats after Rd 14 would be circa:

3560 yards
33 TDs
2 Ints
120 passer rating

which would put him on track for equaling almost a career year with 3 games to go.

You're coming up with the wrong conclusion. Rodgers' numbers have benefitted from having Jones and Williams catching passes as the two have combined for eight receiving touchdowns this season, more than any other running backs group has combined to during his career as a starter.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to disappoint you, but that’s not what he said. He said that he can see the 18th hole coming up. I know you’re salivating at the thought of Rodgers retiring, but it’s gonna be a little while before that happens.

Actually when asked to clarify, he said he’s made the turn. So he’s somewhere on the back 9. They say the Masters doesn’t begin until Sunday on the back 9, so there’s some fireworks left.
ok cool. i was just repeating what i heard on tv. that's why i didn't use quotation marks.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
ok cool. i was just repeating what i heard on tv. that's why i didn't use quotation marks.
exactly, what YOU heard. Not what was said.
You see this is where gary gets himself into sticky situations. He's too busy reading click bait articles and putting merit into opinions like the Skip Bayless' or the Colin Cowherds' of the world. For him, perception is always reality.

Is it too much to ask to verify what you have heard? This is how ******** narratives get created. From click hungry reporters that throw inaccurate information out there to generate buzz, interest, or controversy, and then the lazy or gullible audience/viewers/readers, etc. accept it as truth.

Maddening.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No quarterback in NFL history has ever thrown for at least three touchdowns, 250 yards and recorded a passer rating of 110 in five consecutive games either.

Mahomes almost did, had four in a row and then tossed 2 tds against Arizona last year. Mahomes last year was unreal.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Mahomes almost did, had four in a row and then tossed 2 tds against Arizona last year. Mahomes last year was unreal.
And he started the first three games of this season on the same type of tear that he was on last year. Is the ankle/knee still bothering him? Perhaps, but he's had some rather pedestrian games in the past 2 months. The talent is undeniable.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And he started the first three games of this season on the same type of tear that he was on last year. Is the ankle/knee still bothering him? Perhaps, but he's had some rather pedestrian games in the past 2 months. The talent is undeniable.

His schedule has not been kind. He has had some tough matchups and his ankle was bothering him - then dislocated his knee. The lack of Hunt I think has affected them, if they get a guy like David Johnson in the offseason - who I think would be incredible on that roster - watch out... That team would blow us out of the water.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rodgers holds the record with mist consecutive games with at least 250 yards and a passer rating of 110 with seven during the 2011 season. He had only two touchdowns in two of those games though.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You see this is where gary gets himself into sticky situations. He's too busy reading click bait articles and putting merit into opinions like the Skip Bayless' or the Colin Cowherds' of the world. For him, perception is always reality.

Is it too much to ask to verify what you have heard?

Maddening.
lol

i usually do but this was such a light subject so...

Reaction score
All of this. Lazard is our 2nd best WR and he only recently has come on and honestly its sad that he's our #2. I've said from the beginning that MVS is a one route player, Geromino is below average, we had Shepard out there, Graham is a shell of his former self, Adams was out for large stretches and right now defenses can solely key on him. A Jones and Adams are the ONLY offensive guys who you gotta plan for. That's it. No one else.

Myself and others have been beating the door to grab a solid #2 and we would legit be Tier 1 Super Bowl contenders.. It was a mistake from Gute, for all the positives that he's done this was a glaring miss
I mostly agree. Let me just say that it is my belief that after his underestimation, Gute has both the knowledge of this and has been working behind the scenes to fix it.
Unfortunately, the business side of contracts combined with future draft expenditures don’t always coincide with player fits. I believe he was looking to fix this, but only substandard deals were in consideration. I don’t blame him for following his gut. Most of his FA selections have been solid. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt right now.

That said. I absolutely agree with we’re short of experience and talent at WR and TE. I’m not disagreeing with that at all. Aaron Rodgers deserves better. We’ve got one stud in Adams covering 2 position groups (TE and WR)

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mostly agree. Let me just say that it is my belief that after his underestimation, Gute has both the knowledge of this and has been working behind the scenes to fix it.
Unfortunately, the business side of contracts combined with future draft expenditures don’t always coincide with player fits. I believe he was looking to fix this, but only substandard deals were in consideration. I don’t blame him for following his gut. Most of his FA selections have been solid. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt right now.

That said. I absolutely agree with we’re short of experience and talent at WR and TE. I’m not disagreeing with that at all. Aaron Rodgers deserves better. We’ve got one stud in Adams covering 2 position groups (TE and WR)

They went in ******* Allen Robinson and lost out, Gute has tried. I'm sure he'll try again this offseason - though as many have pointed out the list of FA's is not great.

Reaction score
They went in ******* Allen Robinson and lost out, Gute has tried. I'm sure he'll try again this offseason - though as many have pointed out the list of FA's is not great.
True. I’d like to see more consistency specifically from the Slot receiver position. They need more shallow crossing routes, slants etc.. anything in that target 6-10 yard range where you can draw pass interference and where it allows Rodgers a quick 1-2 read option. This was an area where Donald Driver was near unstoppable.

I still don’t understand where Ryan Grant fits in this equation. He should be given a chance to prove himself. Aaron Rodgers is the ideal QB for these short range bullets.

Last edited:

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True. I’d like to see more consistency specifically from the Slot receiver position. They need more shallow crossing routes, slants etc.. anything in that target 6-10 yard range where you can draw pass interference and where it allows Rodgers a quick 1-2 read option. This was an area where Donald Driver was near unstoppable.

I still don’t understand where Ryan Grant fits in this equation. He should be given a chance to prove himself. Aaron Rodgers is the ideal QB for these short range bullets.

Ya, it's a mystery. According to what I've read Grant seems to be the best fit for the slot on the roster given his mix of experience and quick twitch ability. Adams and Lazard wide with the occasional MVS deep chuck and Grant running slot routes seems to be better than what we're doing now, but what do I know.

Reaction score
Ya, it's a mystery. According to what I've read Grant seems to be the best fit for the slot on the roster given his mix of experience and quick twitch ability. Adams and Lazard wide with the occasional MVS deep chuck and Grant running slot routes seems to be better than what we're doing now, but what do I know.
Having an adequate option as our Slot receiver would help our QB immensely. In particular for the over aggressive pass rush we’re about to see. Rodgers needs to have a bonafide short range target outside of his RB’s. Grant has more experience with proven results than anyone on this roster.
We need to do with the Slot receiver what we did at PR. Get some new blood in there. Grant has been here long enough to play some snaps, there may be some extenuating circumstances idk. If not, now is the ideal time to get him involved. The status quo ain’t working.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sometimes I wonder if we did this anticipating we would have another season of loaded injuries.

Grant was a $520,882 insurance policy. Not a bad move considering the lack of depth at the position. I do find it a bit odd though that he hasn't even suited up for a game.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant was a $520,882 insurance policy. Not a bad move considering the lack of depth at the position. I do find it a bit odd though that he hasn't even suited up for a game.
Especially since a decade ago we had a Ryan Grant running the ball.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sometimes I wonder if we did this anticipating we would have another season of loaded injuries.

The Packers definitely expected Grant to have an impact when they signed him. I have no idea about the reasons he hasn't even been active for a single game.

H

HardRightEdge

terminology has changed and to get the plays called in the huddle faster (hoping to avoid a delay of game penalty...not that it's worked very well lol).
Well, when you see the QB waving to the sidelines for a player to get in the huddle to match the play call, or the players taking their sweet time to huddle up after 20 seconds on the play clock, or breaking the huddle with 10 seconds on the play clock, there is clearly a problem getting the play and the players into the huddle on time.

When you break the huddle at 10 seconds, the players are set a 5, and the play and players don't match up well against what the defense is showing, options are limited. Hard count to get them to jump and take the penalty if they don't might be a better option than taking a timeout, particularly on first or second down.

As for taking the time out, does anybody actually watch other games and other QBs? That happens all the time. They don't like the look and take the time out. If they're doing it on first or second down in particular they might think about reconsidering and taking the 5 yards depending on the situation.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
i have no idea what a QBR is or if 40 is good or bad, I don't really care. I've watched enough football games to know when our line is blocking well and when they aren't and when our QB is throwing the ball well or isn't. I also know how many other QB's in the league I'd take over the one we have right now after watching them. It's a very small list.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
i have no idea what a QBR is or if 40 is good or bad, I don't really care. I've watched enough football games to know when our line is blocking well and when they aren't and when our QB is throwing the ball well or isn't. I also know how many other QB's in the league I'd take over the one we have right now after watching them. It's a very small list.

I tend to agree with you, but in case you are curious. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_quarterback_rating

http://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

Members online

Latest posts