The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Today was held a clinic. This is the first time I’ve seen Rodgers open a full assault with all his weapons. It reminded me of Brett Favre. He used every player... twice.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Crazy how many TDs had today. Good for him. It was about time he had a break out game like this.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MAYBE IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO TRADE AR12 EVEN-UP TO THE BEARS FOR MITCH TRU*****SKI?!?!?!?!?

Yesterday's game, imperfect though it may have been, was a thing of beauty. I just sat back in my chair, slurped my beer, and watched AR12 shred the Raiders D.

I think we get D. Savage back and we'll be A-OK.

SWR

Reaction score
MAYBE IT'S NOT TOO LATE TO TRADE AR12 EVEN-UP TO THE BEARS FOR MITCH TRU*****SKI?!?!?!?!?

Yesterday's game, imperfect though it may have been, was a thing of beauty. I just sat back in my chair, slurped my beer, and watched AR12 shred the Raiders D.

I think we get D. Savage back and we'll be A-OK.

LSWR
Funny. I was going to say the same thing, but I was going to say Raven Green in coverage in the middle and D Savage at Safety erases 50% of our dilemma IMO.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears are Exhibit A on why you still need a serviceable QB to win even with a good defense. Of course that defense doesn't appear to be the juggernaut everyone thought it was going to be...

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears are Exhibit A on why you still need a serviceable QB to win even with a good defense. Of course that defense doesn't appear to be the juggernaut everyone thought it was going to be...
Didn't they make playoffs just last season with same team?

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My one concern about getting Adams back is the Aaron will go back to focusing on him and not continue to spread the ball around. I know that Adams is a pro-bowler but it seems to me that if Aaron continues to spread the ball then defenses won't know who to cover, right?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My one concern about getting Adams back is the Aaron will go back to focusing on him and not continue to spread the ball around. I know that Adams is a pro-bowler but it seems to me that if Aaron continues to spread the ball then defenses won't know who to cover, right?

Not the way he operates

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
legit concern. adams is too big a talent not to regain some of that focus though. it's up to MLF, and rodgers, to not let it get out of hand. i can't imagine there haven't been some lessons learned during adams' absence.

D

Deleted member 6794

Funny. I was going to say the same thing, but I was going to say Raven Green in coverage in the middle and D Savage at Safety erases 50% of our dilemma IMO.

We'll have to wait and see if the Packers use their final designation to return from injured reserve on Greene.

The Bears defense might not be a juggernaut but they're still pretty good ranking sixth in the league in points allowed.

While Adams will rightfully remain the top target after returning from injury I fully expect Rodgers to spread the ball around.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Very quietly, Rodgers has at least entered the discussion for MVP. I think right now, I'd still have Mahomes and Wilson ahead of him, but if he keeps putting up the numbers, he'll be in the discussion until the end. And with the offense just hitting its stride, who knows.

As of the present, I'd say:

1. Russell Wilson
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Aaron Rodgers

Deshaun Watson has to be in there somewhere as well.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very quietly, Rodgers has at least entered the discussion for MVP.
If Rodgers wins the MVP, great, I'll be happy. But I'd much rather have a Super Bowl.

Side note: I remember when Desmond Howard won the Super Bowl XXXI MVP, and a lot of troll types used it as some sort of condemnation of Favre, as if that proved Favre wasn't that good or whatever. I always thought they could have just as easily given that award to Favre, but whatever. I don't care about the individual stuff so much, it's a team game.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If Rodgers wins the MVP, great, I'll be happy. But I'd much rather have a Super Bowl.

Side note: I remember when Desmond Howard won the Super Bowl XXXI MVP, and a lot of troll types used it as some sort of condemnation of Favre, as if that proved Favre wasn't that good or whatever. I always thought they could have just as easily given that award to Favre, but whatever. I don't care about the individual stuff so much, it's a team game.
It always baffles me when there's a conversation about regular season MVP and others always swoop in and discredit the conversation by saying "well I'd much rather have a Super Bowl". We would all prefer to have a Super Bowl. Doesn't mean a conversation cannot be had about something else. The two do not have to be mutually exclusive.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he's in the MVP conversation yet. Had one spectacular game last week but was just above par for Chiefs game imo.

- Was quite lucky in DBs not able to hold on for interception...twice.
- Admitted in post interview that the amazing TD throw to Williams was lucky break as he threw hoping for Graham to make a leap (the throw was way to high for any kind of leap).
- Two avoidable sacks, esp the big one in 1Q. Really unnecessary.

The offence is fluid, but he really needs more support from the Slot WR and TEs. Jones and Williams are making up for it greatly, but the absence is still felt.

Once Davante is back, then we'll see the true MVP.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't think he's in the MVP conversation yet. Had one spectacular game last week but was just above par for Chiefs game imo.

- Admitted in post interview that the amazing TD throw to Williams was lucky break as he threw hoping for Graham to make a leap (the throw was way to high for any kind of leap).

The offence is fluid, but he really needs more support from the Slot WR and TEs. Jones and Williams are making up for it greatly, but the absence is still felt.

Well at the end of the season, they don't look at "would be" interceptions or "lucky plays". They look at stats, production, value to team, and record. Of which he's looking good in all.

There's only three quarterbacks in the NFL that are top 10 in yards per attempt, yards per game, passer rating, QBR, and touchdown passes. Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers. He's in the conversation.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It always baffles me when there's a conversation about regular season MVP and others always swoop in and discredit the conversation by saying "well I'd much rather have a Super Bowl". We would all prefer to have a Super Bowl. Doesn't mean a conversation cannot be had about something else. The two do not have to be mutually exclusive.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that Rodgers wasn't perfect against the Chiefs by any means but other quarterbacks make mistakes and get lucky from time to time as well. If the Packers continue to win he will be in the discussion for the MVP award.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well at the end of the season, they don't look at "would be" interceptions or "lucky plays". They look at stats, production, value to team, and record. Of which he's looking good in all.

There's only three quarterbacks in the NFL that are top 10 in yards per attempt, yards per game, passer rating, QBR, and touchdown passes. Mahomes, Wilson, Rodgers. He's in the conversation.
I agree that Rodgers wasn't perfect against the Chiefs by any means but other quarterbacks make mistakes and get lucky from time to time as well. If the Packers continue to win he will be in the discussion for the MVP award.

Agree with what you both are saying. I understand the MVP lists are usually skewed towards QBs, but still....for me even I'm still tempted to list Aaron Jones as the most valuable player till date for GB.

D

Deleted member 6794

Agree with what you both are saying. I understand the MVP lists are usually skewed towards QBs, but still....for me even I'm still tempted to list Aaron Jones as the most valuable player till date for GB.

Jones should definitely be considered when talking about the most valuable Packer so far this season. I guarantee the national media will ignore him regarding the league MVP though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The only non-quarterbacks in the last 25 years that have won the MVP award:

1997: Barry Sanders had over 2,300 all purpose yards and split the award with Favre.

1998: Terrell Davis 2,225 all purpose yards (2,008 rushing) and 23 total touchdowns.

2000: Marshall Faulk had over 2,400 all purpose yards with 1,000+ rushing and a 1,000+ receiving.

2005: Shaun Alexander had 28 total touchdowns and nearly 2,000 all purpose yards.

2012: Adrian Peterson came within 8 yards of the all time rushing record in 2012 when he won it.

Now Aaron Jones, while he's had a very good season for the Packers and has stepped up particularly in the absence of Davante, is on pace for just 1,642 yards. Not even 1,000 in either rushing or receiving. He is on pace for 22 total touchdowns which is extraordinary, but nothing that he's doing is even in the same breath as the above mentioned guys.

Like you said, it's a quarterbacks game and unless you do something extremely unprecedented, you aren't getting MVP discussion.

I appreciate the thought that Jones has been the MVP of the Packers. He's played excellent. But this operation goes absolutely no where without 12.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

One positive thing might be teams will give Adams too much attention and that will open up things for others. IMO Adams is an elite WR. This guy even was productive with Hundley as our QB. It will be wonderful to get him back in there.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If you see a clip of that TD pass to Williams from behind the end zone Graham was being held. The zebras missed it. Rodgers did say in his post game presser that he saw someone moving towards the corner of the end zone behind Graham.

Members online

No members online now.