The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hell no they won’t. They’re too proud to give him credit for anything. But by golly the first time he even hints at blaming someone else for something (i.e. holding guys accountable) they’ll be coming after him with both barrels.
I’m one that piled on there. I didn’t realize it was unintentional or whatever. Ok.....
Now don’t let it happen ever again! :roflmao:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron does throw down the middle.

that was a 2018 narrative, that proved true, that he didn't use the middle third of the field much. this season, in the new O, it seems to be a little better.

And Davante runs routes I'd expect a TE to be running!

with the near elimination of spread formations, and adams setting up in the slot more, his routes are going to a lot like TE routes.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This is just one opinion about "dust ups between players and coaches or even players with players", but I really liked it, especially because it came from a player, a guy who lived it. The full opinion comes from ex Bear WR Brandon Marshall at the very end of the clip. Catch his dig on his form QB Cutler! :whistling: :tup:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look, I expected to ripped for my opinion on Rodgers but c'mon people. I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer but his attitude and demeanor has been different for a couple of years now.
Well, he's had injury problems, and the team has been short on talent and hasn't really been successful. Previously the team was better, the Super Bowl win was a more recent memory, and Rodgers was being talked about as not only the best QB in the league, but the best of all time. Then Brady won more Super Bowls, Patrick Mahomes entered the league, the NFC got more stacked, the Bears and the Vikings improved, and things haven't looked as bright anymore.

It's just a natural reaction to things not going so well, IMO. Especially for a competitive guy like Rodgers. I mean, if he just shrugged his shoulders and said "Oh well, I'm getting my millions", it would be more worrisome.

LaFleur was jawing in Rodgers helmet about something that he saw, or something that Rodgers should have done, clearly Rodgers didn’t agree, they sorted it out on the sidelines, and they moved on.

The only people that have an issue with it are the ones that wanna make a mountain out of a mole hill just to be controversial. Because both men involved said it was nothing.
Most takes from the national media that I saw viewed it as something positive, some fire in the midst of competition. Even Cowherd liked it because it was aggressive - he usually bags on Rodgers for being "passive aggressive", which he hates. By the way, I think the one QB he dislikes more than Rodgers is Baker Mayfield.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we're still with the "Rodgers won't throw to the middle" crap? It's not the offense, it's the situation. He used to feast on the middle of the field and kill you with the back shoulder or play action down the middle. He has it ALL, you guys really think he somehow forgot or doesn't want to? How about young WR's not knowing when to sit down and when to continue on a route making the middle dangerous along with having a fx in his leg not allowing him to step in a drive a ball all season. You want floaters in the middle of the field?

and we're 2 weeks into "new" offense, you have no idea what's coming

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they'll never have this O down pat because it's constantly changing. they're not running MLF's O yet. it's a cluster F. rodgers is going to have to come to a realization and until that happens nothing's going to change.

rodgers says the dal game was his best this season. no doubt it was. from his comments during his presser after that game, that he's "accomplished a lot in this league statistically. i just want to win now", maybe he's come to that realization. it's big if true. maybe it was from watching game film. maybe not having adams accelerated it. maybe it was MLF (i personally hope it was MLF). not holding my breath but maybe there's been a turning point met. :tup:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rodgers says the dal game was his best this season. no doubt it was. from his comments during his presser after that game, that he's "accomplished a lot in this league statistically. i just want to win now", maybe he's come to that realization. it's big if true. maybe it was from watching game film. maybe not having adams accelerated it. maybe it was MLF (i personally hope it was MLF). not holding my breath but maybe there's been a turning point met. :tup:
Possibly... but I don’t think it was with Rodgers. :confused:

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dude. This may be my favorite Aaron Rodgers quote to date. No kidding. I think Rodgers and LaFleur have crossed a pretty cool threshold, as evidenced by this. Having that level of trust between the two of them, HOF MVP QB and his HC, to win games means a great deal. Aaron needed a HC who would help guide him to a successful ending to his career, and he knows it has ZERO to do with his own personal stats, and EVERYTHING to do with WINNING Super Bowls.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All Rodgers haters in this thread are going to choke on sandwiches today from seeing him put on a passing clinic out there throwing for 5 TDs.

And I hope that clown Tyler Dunne who wrote that Bleacherreport article is dying of a heart attack right now from seeing this.

Eat IT!!

Last edited:

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was on fire. The only passes that weren't caught were the drops or miscues by the receivers.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's the first perfect passer rating of his career
the O really clicked today. it's best game of the season. the momentum shift after the carr fumble didn't hurt but it wasn't a major factor i don't think. they really spread the ball around. everyone got a piece. rodgers held the ball too long a time or two but he got it out really quick a few times too. loved that they were focussed on moving the chains and running. set-up the big play attempts. rodgers can be surgical playing small ball.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He threw it short, medium, deep, everywhere on the field.

But I knew at some point the Rodgers we all knew was going to return to the field. Hence why I said posters advocating for the Packers trading him should have their heads pounded because he was absolute zero to blame for problems.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have a lot of young receivers that are coming into form. MVS was one of the good ones, but today especially he had a breakout game. I expect Rodgers will start targeting him even more on some of those deep balls.

But today also is why I said Kumerow probably has a place as at least a number 4 if nothing else, and Lazard is worth giving looks.

I mean just think, once Adams gets back, which I suspect will happen against Carolina by the latest, I think we'll really start striking fear into opponents hearts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts