1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Thanks, Javon.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Apr 30, 2006.

1. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i think the Packers have a shot at Drafting Chris Williams in the second round in the draft, and he will be the starting LT not Colledge. If Colledge is not mobile enough to play G in the ZBS, why do you feel he has footskills to play LT?

I hope you do not try to tell me colledge needs to get stronger, b/c this guy has plenty of strength.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Why was Daryn Colledge on Pro Football Weekly All-Rookie Team if he is such a terrible draft pick?

I mean, heck once you're on that list, you're destined for the HoF!!!!

3. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I do not blame TT for drafting Colledge, I think he went after the guy he wanted, and by all means colledge should have been drafted, the Pack needed an O-Linemen, I just do not think this kid has the skills to stop many NFL Defensive linemen.

Maybe I see Colledge playing RT after Tauch, we will see.

4. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Can I please see a link stating Colledge was drafted to play T.

5. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    you are not going to find one b/c colledge was drafted to replace Wahle at LG in the ZBS, that was the whole buzz on Colledge when he was drafted.

6. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    lol i wont tell ya that... im just saying ... its silly (in my opinion) to consider Colledge a bad pick in his second year and before he's tried at the position he's most accustom to and the position the Packers have stated they intend on him playing in the future, LT.

I don't believe I mentioned anything about footskills, but I'm thinking you're throwing words in my mouth based on me saying he was drafted to be the future LT.

I am not saying Daryn will be a Pro Bowl anything, I'm not even saying he will be a good pick.

What I am saying is this.
    He was drafted to be our future LT.
    This year he's been disappointing in his role as LG.
    Hopefully we can give Clifton some rest the last game or two and we can get a glimpse of what Daryn can do at LT.

I think he'll be better at LT because... its what he did in college for a few years. Just kind of makes sense.

7. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I've provided links for you in the past and you disappear or say they are unworthy.
    I don't waste my time on this website much anymore. I just post when I'm bored off my *** at work.

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Why RT? I don't understand that.
    He did decent enough to be noticed at LG last year, he was on the all American team.
    He played LT in college.

9. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Uhhhh, you have never provided one link my friend. Stating something over and over again does not make it true. I will await the link, because everything I've see said he was drafted with the intention to convert to G.

He failed there so now they are going to try to salvage him. I wish they would just let him go. His footwork is ugly, his upper body strength is not there and he plays upright with no leverage

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I have and you know I have beacuse I've called you out on it before lol, but say what makes you feel best bud ;)

I don't know much about his footwork, I won't pretend to know anything (im not a pee wee league football coach) like that, but if you say his footwork is awful and we have someone of adequate talent to replace him and replace our LT in the future, I'd have to agree.

I don't feel that he is a waste at LT, just yet. I'd like to see him start a game or two. I remember he got owned big time against Jason Taylor, but if I remember correctly, Jason owned quite a few LT.

11. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Then your not reading all my posts...Try the search feature, it does work ya know..Might enlighten you to know I do post things like your asking me to post.

But sometimes when a person irritates ya all you do is concentrate on the thing that irritatess ya the most....And that would be me posting articles, and how you hate me doing it..

I could say all you do is post on why your not happy about the running game..You do recall how many times in a few week span you posted that?

BTW how come no more of those? Just curious, could you explain why you stopped posting those informative pieces? I mean you were so RIGHT, I would think you would explain why now you stopped posting those?

So in closing ignore my stupid little posts, dont bother reading my crap, since you really have NO IDEA

12. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    LTF, the search button works, but, not completely as advertised, you have to manipulate some of the search strings to find what you want... searching one users posts ... that works like a charm though.

:)

13. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Yup I know..but it seems others don't know..Maybe to busy posting personaly thoughts on issues that turn out to be false

14. wils0646

wils0646 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Jesus, do you give up on players after 2 years every time?

http://graphics.jsonline.com/chat/oct00/christl100800.asp?format=print

Look at this chat from early in Wahle's career:

Hmm, this chat sounds familiar in terms of Colledge playing LG. Wahle was a disaster at T. Wasn't he drafted to play T for our team? How did he fair being a G? Stop being so pessimistic and give some of these guys a chance. Especially offensive linemen. Remember, BOTH WAHLE and RIVERA struggled their first two years. Why do you already give up on Colledge after not even 2 years?

15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Shame on you Wils for posting articles to prove a point..

You need to show you opinion other wise you dont count dontcha know ;)

16. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

You've yet to call me on anything. If you like Colledge, fine, but don't go around bringing up posts from years ago and then start making **** up when your feeble attempts to look smart head south.

We let J-walk go for guys like Colledge. Colledge hasn't turned out to be so good. Now you are trying to say he was drafted to play T yet can't provide any sort of link stating so. Daryn was drafted to play guard, hopefully we can salvage him by putting him at T. If not the J-Walk trade seems to be not so smart, which was your intentions when rehashing threads from forever ago.

17. wils0646

wils0646 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Do you guys remember that Mike Wahle was a guard in the Navy and he was told he was going to be our future LT? He struggled a ton and was replaced by Clifton. So Mike Wahle went back to his natural position that he played in college and flourished after a few years.

Who's to say that Colledge cannot go back to his natural position and play well after Clifton is gone?

18. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He might, in fact I hope he does.

19. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps the trade doesn't look good at this time but signing JW to a 50 million dollar contract or whatever huge deal he got might of been a mistake at the same time too.

Plus Green Bay has done a nice job replacing him. Receiver is probably the 3rd strongest position on the team besides DT and QB. It will be interesting how this trade is viewed this off season. The Packers will probably have at the very least 2 of those guys on their roster. Denver might not have Javon Walker. We'll see what happens but right now The Packers are 11-2 without Javon Walker and the Broncos are 6-8 with him. I'll take that.

20. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Well, not technically.

The 2 games when Javon was healthy they were 2-0. Javon had nice stats and was over 100 yards each game.

21. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Man, J-Walk, DD, Jennings, Jones with Brett slinging the ball. That would have been scary good.

22. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Oh, but I have ;)

Okay even though my response now is echoing what I've said numerous times in this very thread, I will rehash this again because I like you.

Did I say I liked Colledge? Or did I say we should wait three years and get hime some playing time at LT in which he played during his years in college? I think the latter is what I said. Yup.
    I love this about this board, people like you starting throwing around nonsense when you got backed into a wall of your own ignorance. It's amusing.
    I do not make '****' up. I speak the truth and many will attest to it. I listen to many interviews and read many articles, probably more than I should, but I assure you, I do not make '****' up. There are plenty of FACTS to speak about. I take great offense to that accusation. I go to great lengths to be accurate and when I am wrong, I am the first to acknowledge it and take the beating for it (see, Wahle).

We did not 'let' Javon go, Javon FORCED his way out by being an immature chump. Get that straight first and foremost.

I never said I couldn't provide a link supporting he was considered to be the future LT, I chose not to on this website. ;)

Daryn did decent overall his first year as LG. He's floundered this year at LG. I've said since I heard it that Daryn was drafted to be our LT of the future, I am not saying that in his defense. Gosh you are clever.

The Javon trade seems to have worked out fairly decent for the Packers. Our passing game is in the top 5, we are 11 - 2 and seem to have great team chemistry. Jolly was doing pretty damn good before he got injured. Btw do you know how Jolly got hurt? He laid a smashing block to spring Tramon Williams on his 94 yd punt return for a TD. Blackmon scored two TD's (well he did step out on the return lol) which were helpful. Culver and Ingle apparently couldn't help us win games.

Now, speaking as a fan of Javon, I hated the trade from the start. Javon is one of my two favorite WR to watch. I still hate seeing him wearing anything other than a G on his helmet. But I see that we got some players for him that are helping the Packers... WIN. To me, that's what matters most. The Packers winning.

I am not defending Daryn, nor will I. I do NOT know how to grade OL accurately. I'll be the first to admit that lol

edit, forgot to REHASH something else that I stated several times in this very thread... I bumped this one up because I thought it would generate some good discussion over here at PF.com ... As a fan of Javon, I would not say this trade was good because I would rather Javon a Packer. I don't know how to make that clear to you.

23. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I did not remember Wahle was a G first. Good point.

With you on that.

Good point about the contract.

I wasn't even considering that kind of depth about the overall impact of trading Javon Walker to the team my mother loves just because they beat my Packers in a useless Super Bowl that shouldn't ever be recognized as a victory. Nope, I'm not bitter, not at all!!!!

The Broncos would be silly stupid to drop Javon. They don't have a plethora of WR to replace his talent, not many teams do. We were fortunate, or maybe... Ted knows what hes doing??

24. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I understand Javon did not want to play here, and he forced his way out. However what Ted got us in return for Javon hasn't impressed me more than having Javon on the roster. I am not closing the book on Colledge, even though I don't forsee him being gifted enough to be a solid Guard or Tackle. I will let the coaching staff decide that. However when drafted, he was claearly drafted as someone they were looking into replacing Wahle/Rivera. Every article I have seen supports this. I have seen none saying he was drafted to be the future at T. If he is, all the better. I was just looking for you to provide a link to the article where Colledge was drafted to be a T. It would make me feel a little better knowing TT used a pick given to us by trading a 1000 yard WR on a player that was properly evaluated.

25. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i think TT drafted Colledge to play G not tackle.