1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Thanks, Javon.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Apr 30, 2006.

1. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know where Colledge played, but LT protects the QB's blind side(wheather it is #4 or #12) and I would be afraid to have colledge protecting #4's blind side

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I've only been impressed with Jolly and Blackmon. I thought Daryn was doing good last year, but that must have been a fluke or something. Culver and Ingle I thought were junk, but as I say, I was willing and am still, giving them three years before I say either is GOOD or BUST.

I don't believe it was Ted who mentioned Daryn playing LT. He said something like "Daryn is a good athlete that we can forsee playing LG or LT for us". I think the video is still on Packers.com.

3. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good Enough

4. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah.
    Someone mentioned he has bad footskills. You or KGB, both? I'd like to see the Packers play Brett for a quarter or two each remainding game of the year and then insert Rodgers for Brett and Colledge for Clifton... just too see what we have in those two a little more.

I would feel better if that happened, instead of like you say, putting Colledge in at LT with Brett... can't say that excites me. I believe it was Colledge who missed a block completely that got Brett slammed on his first INT.

5. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    well the way rodgers is made from glass, it may not be such a great idea

6. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    True, Bring Back Ingle so he can contribute

7. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He started against the Texans and caught a total of 2 passes for 20 yards but if you want to get technical, Denver is 2-3 this year in games JW has played in. Wins over Buffalo and Oakland by a combined 6 points. Losses to Jacksonville, Oakland, and Houston.

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,979
    LOL a guy gets stepped on and a foot gets broke in the process and he still plays... ( most people think thats a freak accident)

then he pulls a hammy.. One real true injury and he is made of glass..

but yet you wanted Ahman to stay here with all his past injury history, and on top of it you wanted to pay him that $20 plus million...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey!!! I didnt post an article, I typed out my own thoughts---hows bout that

9. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    good post, longtime

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    We obtained Rodgers through the Javon Walker trade? If not, why bring it up there? I don't see how it fits in to the draft picks and/or Javon at all.

11. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!nice post, HILARIOUS!!!
    WTF does Green have to with Rodgers being made from glass is beyond me, that guy is just clueless. Like I said, he is another guy that posts nothing about football or his thoughts.

He doesn't say i feel A-rod will do this or that, instead the person rambles about Green and his injury, how that has anything to do with Rodgers injuries is beside me.

and it fit in b/c we were talking about Colledge playing LT, and I felt it was not a good idea b/c he does not have the agility or footspeed to protect the QB's blind side, w/Rodgers string of injuries, I do not feel it would be a good idea to put colledge at LT and Rodgers at QB b/c WHEN Colledge gets beat, it maybe the end of a-rod's career b/f it starts.

GET IT NOW? Wait what am i thinking, a-rod played in two games, and has gotten hurt. Once in a game, and once a couple days after. I seen #4 play w/seperated shoulders, broken fingers, and puke blood, but hey what about green?

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heh. Maybe try that experiment with Craig Nall instead then. I just hope Nall doesn't get killed, because I like him. However, Rodgers is more important than Nall.

13. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8

Green? who's talking about Green? You kind of went off like a kid without his ... well you fill in the blanks.

Give Aaron some credit, I mean he atleast waits til the regular season to get hurt, he's made it through a couple pre seasons hah

14. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    C'mon Porky you are smart enough to know he left the Texans game with the injury and has struggled to recover for the last 2.

15. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Exactly, your post fit into the topic just fine, Green did not, but it's a good way to detract from the injured A-Rod topic. A-Rod has shown that he is not exactly Brett Favre when it comes to staying on the field. I hope A-Rod can find a way to stay healthy.

16. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i did not bring up Green this person did, and like someone else said, the main reason he brought it up was to distract from the A-Rod is injury prone discussion.

17. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,979
    According to DH A-Rod is made of glass...His foot was stepped on and it broke his foot, but yet he played the rest of the game to ( same game Brett hurt his elbow in ) Most call that foot break a freak injury...
    I dont think you can say the guy is made of glass because of one true injury that just happened out of the blue.

DH was all upset or depressed the Packers didnt resign Green..I was making a point on how Green is probably more injury prone than A-Rod..

So I made a comparison about his love affair for a injury prone back to a freak injury and one real true injury q/b

And according to him, I dont post my own thoughts, and when I do he gets confused and pulls out the I am clueless card..I think he still needs to try the search feature and see my posts..Or just click on my profile link and see all my posts that way..

Besides this topic is SUPPOSE TO BE ABOUT J-WALKER and not Colledge, or Clifton..Or the drafting of a LT or lack there of..

So Dont bash me for bringing Green into the topic.

18. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +2,979
    Hey Dh

my own thoughts just this week

another one of my own thoughts

and another

another

That is just with in the last week...

Go back to your hole and stop accusing me of not posting my own thoughts

19. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So you agree he's struggling with injuries? Would you pay 50 million for someone who can't stay on the field? Whether it'd be bad luck or injuries are apart of the game and you have to factor them in.

20. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    I heard that Javon got his injury off eBay. He was the highest bidder and it was fedex'd to him via air.