Thank you, Mike

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you think its overall talent you may have a point. Give him time to work with the guys Gute brings in.

Pretty much this. Some Packers players have just not performed, notably the offensive and defensive lines, I'd include Rogers in that too. McCarthy can only do so much and you don't go from being a good coach to a bad coach over night.
Tom Coughlin was (in my opinion), an excellent coach. The Giants fans bayed for his blood for a season, he got sacked and three coaches later they're 15-23.
Change is not always good. The fans of winning teams come to expect victory and are intolerant of losses, and good head coaches fall from grace too quickly. If it had been up to me I'd have given MM another season

D

Deleted member 6794

Pretty much this. Some Packers players have just not performed, notably the offensive and defensive lines, I'd include Rogers in that too. McCarthy can only do so much and you don't go from being a good coach to a bad coach over night.
Tom Coughlin was (in my opinion), an excellent coach. The Giants fans bayed for his blood for a season, he got sacked and three coaches later they're 15-23.
Change is not always good. The fans of winning teams come to expect victory and are intolerant of losses, and good head coaches fall from grace too quickly. If it had been up to me I'd have given MM another season

It was pretty obvious the Packers had to move on from McCarthy after the loss to the Cardinals. It's definitely true that hiring a new head coach doesn't automatically guarantee the team getting back on track.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree he did great things .... he just stayed to long and got stale. He really should have departed wit Ted. He ended it classy this week. Thank you MM!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Never knew.. But he was fastest coach to 100 wins in nfl history..

Faster than the hoodie

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree he did great things .... he just stayed to long and got stale. He really should have departed wit Ted. He ended it classy this week. Thank you MM!
McCarthy had his flaws, but it occurs to me that he was mainly the victim of TT's latter day draft failures.
It also strikes me that TT still has a job with the organization, and McCarthy does not. Not sure how fair that is.

Faster than the hoodie
A nice feather in his cap. Of course, Belichick got off to a slow start, being in Cleveland. Meanwhile, McCarthy had Favre, and then Rodgers.
The way he supported the transition from Favre to Rodgers was one of his finest coaching moments, IMO.
Next to the Super Bowl year, of course. I remember him saying "This is our time". It was in the air, you could feel it, and he was right.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
McCarthy had his flaws, but it occurs to me that he was mainly the victim of TT's latter day draft failures.
It also strikes me that TT still has a job with the organization, and McCarthy does not. Not sure how fair that is.

If you want to let TT know, nudge him down in the Packer offices lobby lightly.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

While McCarthy was the fastest active coach in the NFL to reach 100 wins George Halas still holds that record in league history. MM is seventh on that list.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yeah, but he can't touch Philbin for speed of using challenges though.
New NFL record! Can't blame Philbin too much on that first one, think the Packers got hosed there, but someone upstairs gave him bad advice on the second challenge. Is it just me or wouldn't it be a better system if you win a challenge, you don't loose future challenge rights? Obviously, in this case that doesn't apply, but never understood that. The refs make a mistake, you point it out and you are "penalized"?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
New NFL record! Can't blame Philbin too much on that first one, think the Packers got hosed there, but someone upstairs gave him bad advice on the second challenge. Is it just me or wouldn't it be a better system if you win a challenge, you don't loose future challenge rights? Obviously, in this case that doesn't apply, but never understood that. The refs make a mistake, you point it out and you are "penalized"?

1-2 2 challenges in 83 seconds.

Come on Poker, you know what I'm talking about.

Members online

Latest posts