Thank you, Mike

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sad that a thread created to honor Mike had to devolve to this.
Yup, kind of fitting though with the way this season has gone, one bad turn after another. Not saying AR's knee injury completely derailed the season like his shoulder injury did in 2017, but I swear if he goes down with an injury early in 2019, cancelling my SB plans.

D

Deleted member 6794

I get that all of us are disappointed about the way this season unfolded but let's take a moment to reflect on how fortunate we are to be fans of a classy franchise like the Packers.

I agree that it was time to move on from McCarthy but no matter how we feel about about coaching being an issue in the team struggling I couldn't be more proud of the way the front office handled replacing him as we hopefully move on to being more successful over the rest of Rodgers being the starting QB.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25469590

GO PACK GO!!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A much for fitting exit i think than what transpired last Sunday. this is more of what I expected from all of them. Very glad it happened.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm sure this makes them a more attractive destination for coaching candidates.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm happy that Coach got to say his piece. This makes his exit somewhat easier to swallow. Coach IS a Packer.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm sure I will believe it in the near future but at the moment I'm not too happy with how this all panned out. Sorry

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This further proves my suspicions that McCarthy has always been an excellent coach. He knows how to build a team and coach them not only on the game, but on life. His kryptonite from day 1 was play calling (and gameday in general) and I believe this team would have seen multiple Super Bowl appearances with him had he relinquished play calling duties from the start.

Reaction score
I'm sure I will believe it in the near future but at the moment I'm not too happy with how this all panned out. Sorry

What's not to like??
The Packers made history by letting a fired coach come back and say his parting words.
Classy team we have, and I hope this sets a example for others.

God speed Mike McCarthy

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure this makes them a more attractive destination for coaching candidates.
From 2001 to 2011 the Raiders had 7 HCs. Some only for a year. The last few years most quality coaches were turning down interviews. What coach wanted to work knowing results had to be immediate. I recall when Al Davis fired Kiffin his presser he ripped on Kiffin every which way and said he was an embarassement. Al Davis passed away in 2011 and stability returned.

Reaction score
What coach wanted to work knowing results had to be immediate.

Same goes for QB's, when teams expect immediate results.
I'm in a agreement with your post about hiring a coach expecting to take a team to the SB in one season.
Just so the Packers don't go through coaches like some teams go through newly sign starting QB's.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Same goes for QB's, when teams expect immediate results.
I'm in a agreement with your post about hiring a coach expecting to take a team to the SB in one season.
Just so the Packers don't go through coaches like some teams go through newly sign starting QB's.
Yup, it's a process of development and coaches develop just like players. QBs, IMHO, need to be brought along slowly. Sometimes a rookie QB will have a great OL and weapons and is able to make the transition, but that is rare.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow.. a thread that talked about class, being derailed, and turned into ****.

We have many threads with the crap being discussed.. Posters should have class as well

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't think there are a lot of Packer fans out there that truly believe Mike McCarthy is a bad guy or a bad coach, but it was his time to go. I wouldn't be surprised if most of his current and past players feel the same way and it was nice to hear that he was respected for what he has done for the Packers with the standing ovation. I can't help wonder what TT is thinking right now and if he realizes the part he played in MM's success and failures.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coach bought a full page ad in the Milwaukee Journal sentinel, Green Bay Press Gazette and sveral other Gannett papers.

Damn.
I read it and he showed so much class and respect for the whole organization and fans. I wish him well in his next job and whichever team hires him will be very lucky to have him.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coach bought a full page ad in the Milwaukee Journal sentinel, Green Bay Press Gazette and sveral other Gannett papers.
I heard that last night, it was kind of tearing me up. Damn, this has been a depressing week. I hope things start to get better for the team so we can see some happier times.

And I really hope McCarthy gets another head coaching job with a team and has success there (not at our expense, of course). Preferably in the AFC.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What happened to that Classy thread?

Honestly we were way short of classy in firing MM. It was just plain bad. Saving him from anxiety/pressure is one of the worst excuses I've heard recently. Come on he's a HC, surely he can handle it.

I would have preferred to have let him go end of season. Or at least the next day. It was a **** move from Gute.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts