Thank you, Mike

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I thought it was disgusting when I heard about a petition to get the man out. Yes he had gone as far as he could with the organisation but that was disgusting. Good luck for the future and thank you.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he'll do well for Cleveland. Good luck Mike, all the best and say hi to Damarious for me.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes indeed, thank you Mike. A good coach, and a good man. I just felt it was time to make a change, but I see no good reason why it couldn't have waited till the day after the last game. I read that he wasn't even able to address the team. Not comfortable with how this was handled.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem for a coach that comes out after every poor performance and says 'it's on me', is that people will end up believing it. I watch all of the Packers games and I don't believe McCarthy was the problem.
Just saying

Who/what do you feel is the problem? If you think its Rodgers fine. If you think its overall talent fine. I'm not trying to be a smart ***, I'm curious.

I feel that 1 person is rarely the problem so the question is do you think McCarthy was part of the problem? If you say no then you probably think it was a mistake to fire him and that's fine. If you say yes he was at least part of the problem then the question becomes how do you fix it? I guess the answer to that depends on who/what you think is the problem or the rest of the problem.

If you think its on McCarthy AND Rodgers you have to know that Rodgers isn't going anywhere for a while so McCarthy is the one to go. It may not seem fair but that's the way it is. The other option is to force them to work together and I'm not sure if that would work at this point. If you think its overall talent you may have a point. Give him time to work with the guys Gute brings in.

The bottom line is something is wrong with this team and something needed to be done. Was firing McCarthy the right move. I say yes because I think it was time to move on and bring in fresh ideas. Even if the new coach fails miserably the decision to move on from McCarthy will still be the right move. The new hire might be the wrong decision but IMO its is independent of the choice to move on from McCarthy.

To follow up on what Weeds and the OP said though I agree 100%. Mike McCarthy was good for the Green bay Packers and I wish him nothing but the best.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was disgusting when I heard about a petition to get the man out. Yes he had gone as far as he could with the organisation but that was disgusting. Good luck for the future and thank you.

That's fans for you. I'm never shocked at the levels some of them will stoop to.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read that McCarthy did get the chance yesterday to address the team one last Time. Good.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way some fans treat Mike McCarthy is just disgusting. Resorting to making fun of his weight because you didn't like him as a coach? Really? It's childish and pathetic.

Eric Bieniemy is on some people's lists. How long until you all make fun of his weight too if they hire him? Sad!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You make that easy to do. ;)

On a side note, maybe learn how to decipher when a post pertains to you and when it does not. It would help prevent a clutter of unnecessary posts. Thanks.
But being an arrogant ***** to everyone is some how ok?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts