Status
Not open for further replies.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Teddy's problem is related to MMs problem, he sets a course and tends to stick with it. At first it was relying strictly on the draft, then it was staying out of MMs affairs even well after Capers should have been let go. I suspect TTs tenure would have looked different over the last several years were it not for Dom Capers. Just take a look at his offensive selections about the last 7 years and look at the defensive draft picks, funny how one side of the ball was so much better at developing talent even with fewer picks.

Yea most of our offensive picks panned out. Aside from Lacy who just wanted to feast at the golden corral.

We are good on the offensive side of the ball with some new pickups for WR if we let Jordy and Cobb go. RB we are set with Williams and Jones. Probably could use a TE. Dont need many pieces on Offense its the Defense that kept bombing pick after pick. Ha ha has regressed severely. Got complete Rookies at CB.

Reaction score
I was disgusted that the team allowed Taysom Hill to be traded away to keep Hunley and Callahan at the beginning of the year. What's the point of drafting rookies if you don't keep the best performing player. I am so glad to see Capers go, our corners looked like fools reacting after the fact to catches by mediocre offenses. It seems that after Woodson left we cant get a defender to look back to intercept the ball. With the exception of Casey Hayward. Oh I forgot he was allowed to slip away in free agency. We need skilled free agents for the rookies to look up to and coaches below retirement age .

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I was disgusted that the team allowed Taysom Hill to be traded away to keep Hunley and Callahan at the beginning of the year. What's the point of drafting rookies if you don't keep the best performing player. I am so glad to see Capers go, our corners looked like fools reacting after the fact to catches by mediocre offenses. It seems that after Woodson left we cant get a defender to look back to intercept the ball. With the exception of Casey Hayward. Oh I forgot he was allowed to slip away in free agency. We need skilled free agents for the rookies to look up to and coaches below retirement age .

We never did fill his spot with someone with his level of talent along with Nick Collins. Capers scheme could of worked if he dident have to keep working with Rookies every year. The one year his schemed worked we had mostly vets. TT shares some of the blame.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy has got to be ******** bricks. He knows he is now on the hot seat and has been exposed without Rodgers.

Hope they cut Mathews next.

Lovat amd Zook can pack their bags too.

Can't expect to continue doing the same and get different results. The league has adapted and made changes while teddy held this team back.

Great year already

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
When I hear things I post..

Can't help people don't belive me.. Search my posts..
Some of us pay very close attention to what you say ltf. You’re the only person here with reliable inside info. I find it very interesting that some insiders think that Russ Ball has been at least sharing GM duties with Thompson for the last year. Makes me wonder if Ball isn’t definitely the front runner for the official GM position.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy has got to be ******** bricks. He knows he is now on the hot seat and has been exposed without Rodgers.

Can't expect to continue doing the same and get different results. The league has adapted and made changes while teddy held this team back.

Great year already
Agree with everything with the exception of Zook. I think he performed very well this year and is the best coach we've had at that position in a very very very long time.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of us pay very close attention to what you say ltf. You’re the only person here with reliable inside info. I find it very interesting that some insiders think that Russ Ball has been at least sharing GM duties with Thompson for the last year. Makes me wonder if Ball isn’t definitely the front runner for the official GM position.
That I'm not sure.. Seriously..

Not even sure who is on list for DC..those that think Kevin greene might be on a list I say no.. I don't know fir a fact, but he left for few reasons..

One, his wife hated GB.. maybe hate is to strong.. And he wanted to get a promotion.. So I don't think wife changes her mind..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Great year already
I think MM is well aware..

However, I belive things prob are known for him.. I've posted my thoughts already.

Clay? depending on the DC, might ask or demand him to take a cut.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea most of our offensive picks panned out. Aside from Lacy who just wanted to feast at the golden corral.

We are good on the offensive side of the ball with some new pickups for WR if we let Jordy and Cobb go. RB we are set with Williams and Jones. Probably could use a TE. Dont need many pieces on Offense its the Defense that kept bombing pick after pick. Ha ha has regressed severely. Got complete Rookies at CB.
Jordy won't go anywhere.. Cobb maybe a cut in salary?

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with everything with the exception of Zook. I think he performed very well this year and is the best coach we've had at that position in a very very very long time.

He kept Davis as the returner. I think more times than not Davis out this team in terrible field positions. He would fair catch when he should have let it go in the end zone or other times where he should've caught the ball he would let it bounce inside the 5.

Might be the league in general. But too many times there were penalties.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
McCarthy has got to be ******** bricks.
:cautious:Why? Conspiracy time.:ninja: MM gets frustrated with TTs way of getting players. Frustration seemed to bubble near the surface the past 2 off seasons. He finally has enough. The Airod injury allows MM an opportunity to show to Murphy TTs way no longer works. After playoff elimination if not a few games before and with one or two other front office people he approaches Murphy with a plan to get TT out of the way yet to let TT save face. MM gets to anoint the next GM. One of the toadies that helped in the coup. MM runs the show similar to Pete Carroll and Andy Reid. The toadie takes care of everything else but which players to get. There MM asks and gets.

What sucks about this is now we will never know for sure if the defense sucked because of coaching or talent.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interested to see if outside guys are interviewed. I like some of the in house guys but I also want McCarthy fired so an outside hire is way more likely to do that

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And what's up with him signing Adams to 14.5 mil a yr extension, and Lindsey to a chunky deal. Then boom he is out? Did the moves get him booted? Don't you think the new GM would make those calls?
Or is that his parting gift to #12? Lol
It's amusing to me that anyone thinks all of these things happened independently.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Didn't expect this so soon. TT did a great job here. I'm thankful for him. He was a good GM.

Best of both worlds that he gets to stay on (probably in a scouting role) and we get a new GM. Hopefully we see more of an emphasis on free agency, and ideally the GM hires better coaches.

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now I'm ready to Party.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
All of the wins for you sir. I'm over here celebrating because capers and Thompson are out. Here's hoping McCarthy is out next season

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would Capers scheme have worked of he had pro bowlers like Hyde and Hayward? Dom has a history, great initial success followed by long term mediocrity.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am all for hiring from within. There are more than one quality GM who have already come out of Thompson's staff. Wolf or Gutekunst either one would be a fine choice. They'll both eventually be GM somewhere. One of them should be here. They already have familiarity with the organization and the players we have and that's a head start that outside candidates wouldn't have.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He kept Davis as the returner. I think more times than not Davis out this team in terrible field positions. He would fair catch when he should have let it go in the end zone or other times where he should've caught the ball he would let it bounce inside the 5.

Might be the league in general. But too many times there were penalties.
Davis was the best player we had to return kicks & punts (I won't include Cobb because it is idiotic to put a starting position player as a returner). Davis made some rookie mistakes but when he was on, he was ON.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I am all for hiring from within. There are more than one quality GM who have already come out of Thompson's staff. Wolf or Gutekunst either one would be a fine choice. They'll both eventually be GM somewhere. One of them should be here. They already have familiarity with the organization and the players we have and that's a head start that outside candidates wouldn't have.

The main thing is we got Thompson out of the GM spot. Whether it's Wolf or Gutekunst I am confident either will be more willing to do what's necessary to build this roster correctly and give us the best chance to be successful. We were headed down a very dangerous path there for awhile.

With Capers and Thompson gone today is a huge huge win.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta say that I am shocked. I didn't think TT would give it up this soon. I am really curious to see what Murphy will do. By promoting Wolf these last few times, it seemed like they would be grooming him for the job. But I'm not sure.

This is going to get really interesting.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gotta say that I am shocked. I didn't think TT would give it up this soon. I am really curious to see what Murphy will do. By promoting Wolf these last few times, it seemed like they would be grooming him for the job. But I'm not sure.

This is going to get really interesting.

My guess is TT didn't have a say in staying on as GM. I think yesterday's game really awoke Murphy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts