Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Who cares if he's young if he's good give him the job he's been doing this since he was 15. I have a feeling he's in the sign free agents be more aggressive with trades camp rather than the Russ ball/TT tight conservative scared approach camp. Either way if Rodgers doesn't want ball and McCarthy is gone if ball gets job then I'm guessing ball sucks because he is basically thompson

Ball sucks because he’s basically like a super successful GM?

I like Wolf a lot. I would love to have him. But the reality is that he’s young and teams tend to prefer more seasoned guys in the captain’s chair. It’s not disqualifying— just a factor.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Putting my conspiracy hat on, I'm concerned the Packers made these high profile interview requests knowing they would be denied. So after they hire Russ Ball as TT's puppet they can claim they cast a wide net in their search.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Seahawks are in a mini-rebuilding phase so it would be a good time to leave. Trade them Wolf for Schneider.
Putting my conspiracy hat on, I'm concerned the Packers made these high profile interview requests knowing they would be denied. So after they hire Russ Ball as TT's puppet they can claim they cast a wide net in their search.
I was thinking the same exact thing.

GoPackGo1985

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schneider and Seahawks really haven’t had that good of drafts recently

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This makes we want to fly up to GB and leg sweep Ted! Think these cats would've helped the secondary much? What could have been...

They definitely would be better than what we had, but they'd be going back to the scheme they were originally in and probably wouldn't have been as good as they are with their current teams. Capers schemes blow.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They definitely would be better than what we had, but they'd be going back to the scheme they were originally in and probably wouldn't have been as good as they are with their current teams. Capers schemes blow.
Or a coach that has tweaks, and can see strength and weakness of players.. Not trying to fit circles in to squares

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Correct. Blaming TT for drafting good players who are staff didn't use correctly is strange. Now maybe TT should have forced McCarthy to fire Capers but why keep players who don't perform well in a system

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He is right.. You can tell us your thoughts in your post, and not a link to your site.

It's a common theme for you.. If your stuff is good, people will go to your site.. The way your doing it now, is almost like force feeding posters.

We actually have a rule about putting a personal web site in a signature..

Members Trying to Advertise in Posts or Signatures:
The bottom line is that we DO NOT allow users to advertise with out PERMISSION from the site admin. We do make exceptions for ESTABLISHED members to advertise in their signatures or create a thread about whatever they are trying to sell. New members will NOT be allowed to advertise anything and will receive an IMMEDIATE warning. Second offense will most likely result in a BAN.

While your not technically selling anything, your still pushing your site...Once and a while, okay, but I have searched your posts, and there are a ton of your posts where you post your site..

Needs to stop.

TY

Last edited:

JLW_51

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problem, here you go: To hire a guy who is an administrator, who has never been a scout or ever at any level had to evaluate football talent, to be a general manager, a job that's biggest task is to evaluate football talent, doesn't seem like a sensible move. It was a failure with Sashi Brown with the Browns and it is highly probable it would be if Ball is promoted. If Ball is, it could be reasoned that Murphy wants somebody who chooses business over that actual game.

No problem on the articles, will do, won't post them here any longer.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We have numerous threads on this already as well.. Will be merging.

Keep that in mind in future

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problem, here you go: To hire a guy who is an administrator, who has never been a scout or ever at any level had to evaluate football talent, to be a general manager, a job that's biggest task is to evaluate football talent, doesn't seem like a sensible move. It was a failure with Sashi Brown with the Browns and it is highly probable it would be if Ball is promoted. If Ball is, it could be reasoned that Murphy wants somebody who chooses business over that actual game.

No problem on the articles, will do, won't post them here any longer.

The Browns are loaded with talent, they just have **** poor coaching and no QB's. If they get a legit good QB, they could be a playoff team. Plus they have a lot of picks. They're actually in a pretty decent situation.

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
So could we all (mostly) agree this would this be the dream scenario to unfold?....

GM - Schneider
HC - McCarthy
OC - Philbin
DC - Fangio

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So could we all (mostly) agree this would this be the dream scenario to unfold?....

GM - Schneider
HC - McCarthy
OC - Philbin
DC - Fangio

Schneider is the one I dont agree on. I said this about him a couple years back. We will see how good he is when he has to build a team while paying a qb top dollar. He had a super cheap and good Russell Wilson early and that made his job way easier. That is a lot of extra cap. Since having to pay Wilson the team has gotten worse. He hasn't drafted especially well lately and the defense is looking at a steep decline. His big fa acquisitions and trades haven't been as good lately either

VegasPacker

Cheeseman of the Board
Reaction score
Schneider is the one I dont agree on. I said this about him a couple years back. We will see how good he is when he has to build a team while paying a qb top dollar. He had a super cheap and good Russell Wilson early and that made his job way easier. That is a lot of extra cap. Since having to pay Wilson the team has gotten worse. He hasn't drafted especially well lately and the defense is looking at a steep decline. His big fa acquisitions and trades haven't been as good lately either

All understandable points, however name me a GM that has been nothing but perfect since initially accepting a GM role....I'll wait patiently.

You could literally find recent flaws in every GM across the NFL. Reggie McKenzie went from GOD to peasant in one season and is still living off of ONE good draft since he went got to Oakland 6 years ago. John Elway goes from "executive of the year" to sitting on a stool with a dunce cap...and he STILL can't figure out how to find a competent head coach and a competent QB since he was gifted Manning. You could also say the moment the great Ozzie Newsome paid Joe Flacco that huge contract, the Ravens haven't even come close to sniffing another Super Bowl and have only made the playoffs ONCE since that new contract.....and Newsome is already considered a legend!

I'm in the camp of giving Eliot Wolf a chance but even at that you have no GM track record to go off of and. Schneider is well respected around the league and had earned his accolades. Chances are great that he stays in Seattle anyway due to his contract and the potential "king's ransom" talk being floated around for it to take to get him in a trade.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but they both made a boatload of plays while in GB. CH had a rough patch after the injury but the talent and playmaking was still easy to see IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts