Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Man this is all happening so fast.

So the consensus is that Ted voluntarily stepped down? Or is it possible Murphy pushed him out?

I understand we don't know. Man i would like to know...

For some of us not fast enough.

Enjoy the Pac 12 Teddy

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM will be entering the final year of his contract. An outside GM would probably let him go. A guy from within would probably extend him. And don't think Rodgers will have a say in all this.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eulogy:

I was suspicious of Thompson until the Packers won the Super Bowl in the 2010 season. Then I decided he knew better than I did, so I wasn't going to criticize him anymore. But then over the years that good will kind of burned itself off. I was willing to go along with Ted staying one more year, although I have to admit I'm excited to see a new GM's approach.

For that matter, I'll give Capers some credit too. His defense played a big role in GB winning that Super Bowl. We had a very bland, predictable defense before he came here. It's not his fault no one had the good sense to fire him a few years later when they should have.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
MM will be entering the final year of his contract. An outside GM would probably let him go. A guy from within would probably extend him. And don't think Rodgers will have a say in all this.
I'm not convinced that he hasn't at least played a part in how this has played out so far.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow... I'm kind of shocked. Didn't see this one coming. Honestly I was expecting a 5 year extension to finish off Rodgers career...

I'm assuming Elliott wolf will take over. Ted will be #1 advisor. McCarthy stays another year to prove this year was a fluke. And nothing really changes...

What's the word with capers. Is he out or back in?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And what's up with him signing Adams to 14.5 mil a yr extension, and Lindsey to a chunky deal. Then boom he is out? Did the moves get him booted? Don't you think the new GM would make those calls?
Or is that his parting gift to #12? Lol

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
And what's up with him signing Adams to 14.5 mil a yr extension, and Lindsey to a chunky deal. Then boom he is out? Did the moves get him booted? Don't you think the new GM would make those calls?
We needed to sure up Adams but Lindsey could of been had for a tad cheaper I think.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
What a start to the new year! Capers is gone. The Thompson apologists can finally be done and crawl back to there hole. It was just time everyone and if your honest with yourself it was the best thing for the Packers and us fans. Time for a new Logo. J/K :cool: Lol

This is the best i've felt regarding the Packers in a long long time. I can have excitement again in making plans to go to games and everything that comes with it knowing the Packers are at least making an attempt to get better. For me that's good enough.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

he had help..

I said b4....this Ted news was talked about last year in Nov...I am sure the team knew...Re signing the two players dont just happen in a week...They might have been working on it for a few weeks..So im sure Mark and others knew it was coming and would have happened with Ted leaving or not

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

My guess....If internal guy, MM stays for one year..Outside guy Mm might be gone..

However, I think Rodger does have something to say...You are new GM and you want to bring in a coach that wants to be a power type running attack...You think Rodgers will like that? You want to be the GM that ****** off Rodgers?

You sit with Rodgers, you ask him what his thoughts are on a style offense you want..You need his input. Not saying Rodgers dictates the coach but you need input

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Sounds like a good number of you will be adding Barr to your Christmas card list.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My guess....If internal guy, MM stays for one year..Outside guy Mm might be gone..

However, I think Rodger does have something to say...You are new GM and you want to bring in a coach that wants to be a power type running attack...You think Rodgers will like that? You want to be the GM that ****** off Rodgers?

You sit with Rodgers, you ask him what his thoughts are on a style offense you want..You need his input. Not saying Rodgers dictates the coach but you need input
If Rodgers thinks running the ball more will lead to a Super Bowl, I think he'd be just fine with that. We had two rookies who showed they can run the ball, and that was with Hundley as quarterback. Imagine what they could do with Rodgers back. Whether it's McCarthy or someone else as coach, they need to run the ball more next year. I think Rodgers does realize that. Will McCarthy? He put the ball in Hundley's hands way too much and got away from an effective running game with Jones and Williams.

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Ted, we’re going to have to ask you to step aside...Ted...Ted..TED!!!

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Murphy will meet up with Favre and they'll dress up in costumes and knock on Holmgren's door tonight. Then steal all the candy from his house and make a candy trail that leads from McCarthy's house to the middle of the Pacific ocean.

A man can dream..

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted is up there in age, retirement age. I can’t see him with the team in any more than an advisory role. Maybe just scout on the days he’s not golfing.

That's probably what he'll do in an unofficial manner, it'll probably be his happy place. Just travel around and watch College football, not a bad retirement.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some of us not fast enough.

Enjoy the Pac 12 Teddy

Probably a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B, what would you say to a job that pays 6 figures allows you to work when you want and you get to travel around and watch college football?

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The disrespect being shown Ted Thompson is disgusting. I'd like to condemn all of you to being fans of the Cleveland Browns.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Probably a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B, what would you say to a job that pays 6 figures allows you to work when you want and you get to travel around and watch college football?

I have always respected Thompson as a talent evaluator. I have no problem with him running around evaluating talent. Thompson used correctly is still a valuable asset.

And yes he is a lucky to be able to get paid and do what he loves doing and watch college football.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The disrespect being shown Ted Thompson is disgusting. I'd like to condemn all of you to being fans of the Cleveland Browns.
Nearly all of us are not showing TT any disrespect and even if we are, it's all in fun. He had his place on the team and made some good moves, but it's time to explore other opportunities and I wish him the best in his new role.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Teddy's problem is related to MMs problem, he sets a course and tends to stick with it. At first it was relying strictly on the draft, then it was staying out of MMs affairs even well after Capers should have been let go. I suspect TTs tenure would have looked different over the last several years were it not for Dom Capers. Just take a look at his offensive selections about the last 7 years and look at the defensive draft picks, funny how one side of the ball was so much better at developing talent even with fewer picks.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Teddy's problem is related to MMs problem, he sets a course and tends to stick with it. At first it was relying strictly on the draft, then it was staying out of MMs affairs even well after Capers should have been let go. I suspect TTs tenure would have looked different over the last several years were it not for Dom Capers. Just take a look at his offensive selections about the last 7 years and look at the defensive draft picks, funny how one side of the ball was so much better at developing talent even with fewer picks.

I think this is perfectly said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts