Tebow better off with packers?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Any QB is better off here or in SF in the long run. We make QB better. If you want to look good without doing any work or missing any time, follow Andy Reid. The only thing is, there are some guys we're better off without

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
No thanks. But at the same time it seems like we do need a sort of vocal leader on our team. I haven't really seen one since [maybe] Jenkins.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I was A Rod and The organization brought in Tebow I'd literally walk. Not because I'd take it personally, but because it would indicate that the organization had lost it's collective mind. Enjoy RG3 now as well because next yr his numbers go way down as NFL defenses figure out how to defend him. Newton's going through the same thing this yr. I predict Newton will have a better career than RG3 primarily due to his size. As with every NFL QB, it comes down to being able to go through your progressions,accuracy,and arm strength...in that order. Athleticism at the QB position is a luxury that comes afterward, but it cannot on it's own thrive in the NFL.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
If I was A Rod and The organization brought in Tebow I'd literally walk. Not because I'd take it personally, but because it would indicate that the organization had lost it's collective mind. Enjoy RG3 now as well because next yr his numbers go way down as NFL defenses figure out how to defend him. Newton's going through the same thing this yr. I predict Newton will have a better career than RG3 primarily due to his size. As with every NFL QB, it comes down to being able to go through your progressions,accuracy,and arm strength...in that order. Athleticism at the QB position is a luxury that comes afterward, but it cannot on it's own thrive in the NFL.
RG3 will see a big drop as well, but I don't think it will be as bad as Cam's because of the weapons around RG3, and because Carolina abandoned the only offensive position they have depth at. Cam is already out of the slump, he learned how to make the necessary adjustments. If Cam's Career ends up better than RG3, it will be because his size led to a longer career. I do however think RG3 could make the adjustments to stay in pocket should he lose his athleticism.

Tebow might make a decent RB for us (can't catch, throw, run routes, and can't block well) but I still don't want him.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The question should be are the Packers better off with Tebow. I saw firsthand the clusterf**ck Tebow fans caused here in Denver. No thanks.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
He would be a good role model around the place. He's a great person but not much of an NFL player. Yes I've been vocal about him in the past but you cannot take that away from him. He's a good role model.

The Rivalry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He would be a good role model around the place. He's a great person but not much of an NFL player. Yes I've been vocal about him in the past but you cannot take that away from him. He's a good role model.
Nobody loves the Packers specifically and the NFL in general more than me. But I wouldn't look to the NFL for role models, particularily when that individual doesn't even have a skill set that is good enough to succeed in the NFL. Taking a roster spot from someone more skilled just because a percentage of NFL fans think he's a good role model is a bad idea.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers would be good for Tebow--McCarthy is good at developing quarterbacks.

There wouldn't be a quarterback controversy--Green Bay, New Orleans, and New England are the only place there wouldn't be.

So why shouldn't we get him? I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I don't see what he does to help the team. I'd rather play Graham Harrell taking snaps in Rodgers goes down.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my line of work, I get people coming up to me all the time when they see me I Packer gear, saying stuff like, "I bet you're a pretty big Tebow fan, huh!?" Uh no. I am a serious NFL fan and someone who likes to call a thing what it is. No, random people who want to talk football with the pastor, I don't "like" the rube who can't play with the big boys.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sanchez is a better fit...At least he can throw somewhat better than Tim...

Wait....Are we sure?

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The only person on the team that needs a role model is Finley and he looks to be on his way out. Tebow is so obnoxious would you really want that media circus around the Packers??

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Biggest Problem: Tebow's number is already retired, and I'll personally kick the snot out of anybody I see wearing a #15 Tebow Packers bastardization.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers would be good for Tebow--McCarthy is good at developing quarterbacks.

There wouldn't be a quarterback controversy--Green Bay, New Orleans, and New England are the only place there wouldn't be.

So why shouldn't we get him? I wouldn't be opposed to it, but I don't see what he does to help the team. I'd rather play Graham Harrell taking snaps in Rodgers goes down.

I agree. Tebow could be used to run sneaks on short yards so Rodgers doesn't have to take unecessary hits or even as an H back. He could be the holder our special protector on special teams and would be a viable option for fakes. I'd honestly make the guy catch a 100 balls a day and turn him into a tight end where i think he would thrive. Can he catch? bigger faster Mark Chmura??

Reaction score
Biggest Problem: Tebow's number is already retired, and I'll personally kick the snot out of anybody I see wearing a #15 Tebow Packers bastardization.

I'm surprised Tebow isn't sporting the #10 jersey because he is a carbon copy of another Bear QB on their long neverending list of failures by the name of "Bobby Douglass." Strong arm, hard runner, but was as "wild" of a passer that ever suited up. Couldn't hit a receiver even in practice, probably. Only difference between him and Tebow is their personalities. Tebow? Nice guy! That's about it. Don't need the distraction.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now we need an experienced backup. Tebow would be better than Harrell since he has started and won games, including a playoff game - at least he would have a chance of winning a game should Rodgers go down. But quite honestly his mechanics are not NFL quality and it appears that they will not improve much. So he would fit the bill as a backup-only, but not as a QB that could possibly be groomed for the future or trade value. Gotta give him credit - in what little QB talent he has (other than option/run/scramble plays), he sure makes the most of it and seems to have no fear in pressure situations.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tebow if cheap would be fine with me. Above Average backup, and there would be absolutely no QB controversy here. He'd know his role and would embrace it knowing him. The man is a stand up individual and I would think would embrace a slightly less chaotic mess for a change. He'd be a great locker room guy and special teamer even some probably. No need for special packages as I'll take A-rod over him but he could be handy if cheap. If cheap I see no one with a valid argument against him.

I don't see TT doing it though so no worries.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I agree. Tebow could be used to run sneaks on short yards so Rodgers doesn't have to take unecessary hits or even as an H back. He could be the holder our special protector on special teams and would be a viable option for fakes. I'd honestly make the guy catch a 100 balls a day and turn him into a tight end where i think he would thrive. Can he catch? bigger faster Mark Chmura??

I agree about catching. Someone said that he does not have hands, that is BS. At florida he made some great cathes when they ran that wierd scheme where he lined up as a WR. The guy is a tremendous athlete, just not a QB

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
No thanks. But at the same time it seems like we do need a sort of vocal leader on our team. I haven't really seen one since [maybe] Jenkins.
Tebow would take over the leadership role on offense away from Rodgers? I don’t think so. Rodgers is an elite NFL QB and (probably) the consensus in the league is Tebow isn’t an NFL QB at all. How could Tebow assume any kind of leadership role? And BTW, the vocal leader on defense when Jenkins was on the team was Charles Woodson. IMO the Packers’ last problem is a lack of leadership, vocal or otherwise.
If I was A Rod and The organization brought in Tebow I'd literally walk. Not because I'd take it personally, but because it would indicate that the organization had lost it's collective mind.
“Literally” walk? That would be extremely foolish. The organization brings in players all the time. What would they have in mind for Tebow if they brought him in? A position change, perhaps? A backup QB?

I don’t doubt Tebow’s best chance to be a legit NFL QB would be with a team like the Packers, but I’m not concerned with Tebow’s career or development so I’d rather the Packers train QBs with a better chance at becoming legit NFL QBs. IMO Tebow is a player without a position in the NFL. If he doesn’t have an NFL arm which position best suits him?
Tebow is so obnoxious would you really want that media circus around the Packers??
What makes Tebow “obnoxious”?

IMO Tebow isn’t good enough to “have an NFL number” and he’s certainly not a better backup to Rodgers than Harrell.

LZ13

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO Tebow isn’t good enough to “have an NFL number” and he’s certainly not a better backup to Rodgers than Harrell.

I would not agree. Harrell can hardly even hand off - remember the game he almost cost us being in there for one or two snaps? He has shown himself to not hold up to even the low pressure of preseason. When he shows otherwise I will gladly change my opinion. Tebow at least might win a game and he has shown himself to lead when the heat is on. To say Tebow is better than Harrell is not saying too much, but I believe it is the case.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I would not agree. Harrell can hardly even hand off - remember the game he almost cost us being in there for one or two snaps? He has shown himself to not hold up to even the low pressure of preseason. When he shows otherwise I will gladly change my opinion. Tebow at least might win a game and he has shown himself to lead when the heat is on. To say Tebow is better than Harrell is not saying too much, but I believe it is the case.

And Bretts 1st pass was to himself..Dont judge someone by his 1st action...Seems Ted and Mm believe he is good enough to be on the roster

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's better off going to Canada. Love top have the guy for about 10-12 plays a game but not as a designated QB but somewhere in the offense. Tebow still believes he can be a starting QB somewhere.

Members online

Latest posts