Tavaris Jackson may not start for Vikes on Sunday

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who cares who their qb is they both suck, from my point of view id rather have jackson start, hes younger and more vulnerable to make mistakes

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
why don't they just have AP start at RB and QB?

Yeah, they could bring back the old single wing formation. There is a high school team in my area that continues to have great success with the single wing. Menominee. They won the state championship last year, I think.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he will play......no matter who their QB is, our focus is Peterson anyway.

Agreed. I don't care if Mickey Mouse was their QB. Stopping AP is the key to stopping MN.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I think he will play......no matter who their QB is, our focus is Peterson anyway.

Agreed. I don't care if Mickey Mouse was their QB. Stopping AP is the key to stopping MN.

im concerned donal duck could make some deep throws on c wood and al.... :roll:

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Seriously though, Bollinger is a decent QB as long as the passes are the underneath stuff... his problem for the most part is he isn't patience enough to stay in the pocket and run through his reads..

If Brooks plays.. the Packers will have too protect the lanes so he doesn't have room to run via the scrammble.. TJ is the opposite, he will sit in the pocket until he is buried.. he took off this past Sunday and got clobbered.. he won't be running again for a while.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol..... ill put it this way, in terms of nfl quarterback grades..

jackson= d+
bollinger= c-

they have ONE weapon, if we contain peterson we win

look at the arsenal favre has this year, we should smoke this team seriously

Pack93z

Reaction score

jackson= d+
bollinger= c-

Don't disagree, but Brooks adds another dimension to the offense.. I won't look past this team either though.. if that Defense plays like they did last Sunday.. it may be closer than you think.

I would rather have TJ in at QB.. Sacks O'plenty. :razz:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im rooting for tarvaris to make the start....i really am

:)
Me too!
I'd be more scared if "Mickey Mouse" was starting for them! If Jackson starts, we get "Goofy" instead! :lol:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter who is at QB. Kampman doesn't care what the name on the back of the jersey says. He will kill whoever stands back there.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It really doesn't matter who is at QB. Kampman doesn't care what the name on the back of the jersey says. He will kill whoever stands back there.

That's what I'm thinking. Whomever plays QB, Kampman gets one, KGB gets one, C Williams gets one, and one of our LBs gets one. Four sacks. That's my prediction.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

That's what I'm thinking. Whomever plays QB, Kampman gets one, KGB gets one, C Williams gets one, and one of our LBs gets one. Four sacks. That's my prediction.

thats doable for sure.....i say 4 sacks a pic and a fumble

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Darn, Mickey Mouse. I wonder if he is a free agent. I think it came down to Mickey Mouse, Koy Detmer, and Chris Weinke. Mickey lost out because of the cheese distraction. How could he stay focused on the game with all the people wearing cheese on their heads at Lambeau Field? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brennan1884 said:

jackson= d+
bollinger= c-

Don't disagree, but Brooks adds another dimension to the offense.. I won't look past this team either though.. if that Defense plays like they did last Sunday.. it may be closer than you think.

I admit I was one of the first to bad mouth Brooks after he fumbled away the Detroit game. But, in fairness to him he does have a 112.3 QB rating. That is impressive. Bret Favre has a 93.3 rating. Don't take this wrong. I am not trying to say that Brooks is better than Favre, but he has actually played well. Of course, when you have a running back that rushes for 296 yards your QB rating should increase. Favre has a 93 rating when everyone is looking for the pass.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:
brennan1884 said:

jackson= d+
bollinger= c-

I admit I was one of the first to bad mouth Brooks after he fumbled away the Detroit game. But, in fairness to him he does have a 112.3 QB rating. That is impressive. Bret Favre has a 93.3 rating. Don't take this wrong. I am not trying to say that Brooks is better than Favre, but he has actually played well. Of course, when you have a running back that rushes for 296 yards your QB rating should increase. Favre has a 93 rating when everyone is looking for the pass.

I agree, he gives the Vikes more than TJ at this point in TJ's career.. I am not saying Brooks is the long term answer, but in the right playbook, he won't be in the TJ Rubley class of QB's. :)

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

It's unlikely we'll get much in the way of sacks this week. Whoever the QB is, their job will be to turn around and hand the ball to AP. Plus our DL will have to focus on the run, not pass rushing.

Keys to winning -
1) slow down AP so he's not crashing through us for 40+ yard gains.
2) OL to control the LOS against Minny's DTs.
3) Keep putting up TDs to try and pressure Minny into passing more.

AP is flat out scary right now and Minny's DTs are very good. Minimize the affects of their best players and we should be fine.

BTW, look for GB to open things up on offense by going back to the short passing game from earlier in the year. They've gone away from the quick slants in the past few weeks, so I think we could catch them by surprise.

GO PACK GO!!!

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
tromadz said:

It's unlikely we'll get much in the way of sacks this week. Whoever the QB is, their job will be to turn around and hand the ball to AP. Plus our DL will have to focus on the run, not pass rushing.

Keys to winning -

AP is flat out scary right now and Minny's DTs are very good. Minimize the affects of their best players and we should be fine.

BTW, look for GB to open things up on offense by going back to the short passing game from earlier in the year. They've gone away from the quick slants in the past few weeks, so I think we could catch them by surprise.

GO PACK GO!!!

Surprise the great Brad Childress, ha, ha. He wakes up every morning and is surprised he is still an NFL head coach. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Pack93z

Reaction score
Surprise the great Brad Childress, ha, ha. He wakes up every morning and is surprised he is still an NFL head coach. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Chilly on the sidelines last Sunday... "Excellent"... Mr Burns is a cartoon version of Chilly. :razz:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

"My job is safe, my job is safe... I’m a genius!"

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
cheesey said:

Darn, Mickey Mouse. I wonder if he is a free agent. I think it came down to Mickey Mouse, Koy Detmer, and Chris Weinke. Mickey lost out because of the cheese distraction. How could he stay focused on the game with all the people wearing cheese on their heads at Lambeau Field? :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

As long as he doesn't jump into the stands and start attacking fans to steal their hats, it's all good.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Zombieslayer said:
tromadz said:

Keys to winning -

GO PACK GO!!!

Sorry Vike. I wouldn't wish Brad Childress on anyone, even Vikings fans. :(