Tavaris Jackson may not start for Vikes on Sunday

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
tromadz said:
It really doesn't matter who is at QB. Kampman doesn't care what the name on the back of the jersey says. He will kill whoever stands back there.

That's what I'm thinking. Whomever plays QB, Kampman gets one, KGB gets one, C Williams gets one, and one of our LBs gets one. Four sacks. That's my prediction.

It's unlikely we'll get much in the way of sacks this week. Whoever the QB is, their job will be to turn around and hand the ball to AP. Plus our DL will have to focus on the run, not pass rushing.

Keys to winning -
1) slow down AP so he's not crashing through us for 40+ yard gains.
2) OL to control the LOS against Minny's DTs.
3) Keep putting up TDs to try and pressure Minny into passing more.

AP is flat out scary right now and Minny's DTs are very good. Minimize the affects of their best players and we should be fine.

BTW, look for GB to open things up on offense by going back to the short passing game from earlier in the year. They've gone away from the quick slants in the past few weeks, so I think we could catch them by surprise.

GO PACK GO!!!

I respectfully disagree.

I think the keys to winning are this:
Open up aggressively and score early and often. That will force Childress to abandon the running game, thus taking AP out of the game.

We do this, we should win easily. If we don't, we'll be having nightmares for weeks about AP.

Oh, and if we do this, we'll get our 4 sacks.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Zombieslayer said:
tromadz said:
It really doesn't matter who is at QB. Kampman doesn't care what the name on the back of the jersey says. He will kill whoever stands back there.

That's what I'm thinking. Whomever plays QB, Kampman gets one, KGB gets one, C Williams gets one, and one of our LBs gets one. Four sacks. That's my prediction.

It's unlikely we'll get much in the way of sacks this week. Whoever the QB is, their job will be to turn around and hand the ball to AP. Plus our DL will have to focus on the run, not pass rushing.

Keys to winning -

AP is flat out scary right now and Minny's DTs are very good. Minimize the affects of their best players and we should be fine.

BTW, look for GB to open things up on offense by going back to the short passing game from earlier in the year. They've gone away from the quick slants in the past few weeks, so I think we could catch them by surprise.

GO PACK GO!!!

I respectfully disagree.

Open up aggressively and score early and often. That will force Childress to abandon the running game, thus taking AP out of the game.

We do this, we should win easily. If we don't, we'll be having nightmares for weeks about AP.

couldnt agree more.....we need to come out the gates and dominate early.....letting teams hanfg around could be a dagger in our heart

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Zombieslayer said:
tromadz said:

Keys to winning -

GO PACK GO!!!

I respectfully disagree.

I think that even if the Viks are DOWN EALRY one would think they will stop using AP...But he is THE best player, so he will still be used..

Even if he doesnt sit in backfield to get hand offs, he will be used some how

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The news is that Bollinger is getting the start Sunday, so I have heard people talk about this. Do you guys believe he is the best QB that the Vikings have?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
The news is that Bollinger is getting the start Sunday, so I have heard people talk about this. Do you guys believe he is the best QB that the Vikings have?

At this very moment.. yes I do.. and that is not saying a ton, but better than the other option.. Healthy TJ or not.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:
Zombieslayer said:
tromadz said:

Keys to winning -

GO PACK GO!!!

I respectfully disagree.

BTW, you just agreed with my 3rd key to winning.

In order for that to work though, we must hold AP to modest games that create long drives. If we allow him to run off huge gains, then their running will be doing better than passing, so why pass to catch up?

The other point I made was about Minny's DTs. These guys are distruptive and could slow down our offense. Keeping them in check will make it significantly easier for us to chew up the clock and put points on the board. Both of which will push Minny toward passing rather than running.

GO PACK GO!!!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It doesn't take a whole lot to turn and hand the ball off to "Pete".

Bollinger IS their best QB and he is NOT a bad one. He is definitely better than TJ right now.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts