Tale of the tape...

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good stuff...... favre is having a magical year.....i hope he doesnt hang it up after this one

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i heard favre say something today that made me think that this may be his season...... i cant explain the feeling but ive been watching this magical gleem in favres eye since the first day i saw him play.... I honestly think this may be the last year you see Brett play. I know it sounds crazy right now, but gosh I have this weird feeling.

Id love to see more from Brett..... but hes given the packer faithful a lifetime of memories

no matter what cherish these moments, they wont last forever

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know exactly what you mean brennan. it was in his post game interview.

nfl.com/videos click teams, then Packers then post game interviews. at about the 2 minute mark or before... Favre chokes up saying

"i dont know if ill be around to see these guys hit their strides"

that of course could mean anything and im reading tons into it. but im just sayin i agree with brennan.... something in the way hes been talkin and actin lately.

but then again i dont care and im not lookin to far ahead... just enjoyin the ride

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well if it is his last season or not, I hope he keeps the chatter and talk til after the end of the season, this team doesn't need that type of distraction right now.. play each week out and let the chips fall.. then Brett can talk about the choice that is in his hands.. hopefully with a silver object in it. :)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good stuff...... favre is having a magical year.....i hope he doesnt hang it up after this one

I pray he doesn't. Even if we win the SB, I don't want him to hang it up. He's still our best chance of winning, and this year proves it.

I like it when the Packers win.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see him stay too........but my guess is that IF we won the SB, he would quit. If not, he MIGHT stick around to see if he can still get one more.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see him stay too........but my guess is that IF we won the SB, he would quit. If not, he MIGHT stick around to see if he can still get one more.

I could see him playing. If we win the SB, Donald Driver wouldn't let him retire.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking at his season stats, and he has an outside shot at breaking the 5k barrier, which only Dan Marino has ever done in a single season. Brady has a better chance, but Favre plays crappier defenses. Not sure what the neccesary average is over the next seven games, but it's definitely 350+ per game.

I just want him to win one more MVP, and that would probably do it. And mean that we did extremely well over the rest of the season.

I love that man.

(was that gay? who cares) I love him.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember when Culpepper was having a huge year, but Manning broke the TD record, so he won the MVP instead? That might happen this year, with the season Brady's having eclipsing what Favre is doing. It'd be great to see Favre get MVP #4, but I don't see it happening.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my only thing with the MVP voting and im biased as hell but.....

Brett is doing this with an 8-8 team last year.
Brady is doing this with a 3 time superbowl champion team, all star recievers and a team that went 12-4 last year.

Brett is spreading it around to more receivers and has more yards and is playing some of his best football at age 38. If you ask who is more valuable to their team (which should be the only question in MVP talks if you ask me, its not always the numbers) its gotta be Brett, because Daunte Culpepper was a MVP candidate QB when he had Randy Moss too. So maybe Randy Moss should be MVP and not Brady or Favre?

I dont know. Its just hard for me to say a guy who has unlimited time, unlimited options at reciever, a good run game and defense that keeps its team in games is the Most Valuable player on his team. of course the way weve been playing lately you could say the same about Favre.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my only thing with the MVP voting and im biased as hell but.....

Brett is doing this with an 8-8 team last year.
Brady is doing this with a 3 time superbowl champion team, all star recievers and a team that went 12-4 last year.

Brett is spreading it around to more receivers and has more yards and is playing some of his best football at age 38. If you ask who is more valuable to their team (which should be the only question in MVP talks if you ask me, its not always the numbers) its gotta be Brett, because Daunte Culpepper was a MVP candidate QB when he had Randy Moss too. So maybe Randy Moss should be MVP and not Brady or Favre?

I dont know. Its just hard for me to say a guy who has unlimited time, unlimited options at reciever, a good run game and defense that keeps its team in games is the Most Valuable player on his team. of course the way weve been playing lately you could say the same about Favre.

Excellent arguments, although I think most of the people picking will take one look at Brady's numbers and give him the award.

Staff online

Latest posts