Tag on Brees a week or more away

Dustin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it all hinges on what Brett does. As it is, the chances of Brees coming to Green Bay are pretty slim, and I don't think GB is willing to give up the draft picks it would require to get a franchise player.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But can the franchise say jus one 1st and one 5th rounder?

I'm fairly certain if a team signed Brees and the Chargers didn't match the offer, the team would have to give up two 1st rounders. I see the Chargers putting the franchise on him this year and he plays for them in 2005 under a one year contract. The Chargers will probably give Rivers some looks during the season next year and then decide who their long term QB is going to be. That would probably be the best thing for other teams interested in Brees. They would get to see if he was a one year wonder before investing too much in him.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would thinnk that maybe,that is why they would want to trade him after they use the franchise tag on him. Just in case he is a one year wonder. They would make out real good to trade him. Threre are quite a few teams that need a qb.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I don't care where Brees goes as long as it ain't Green Bay. I'm not impressed with the guy. He had one good year following three terrible ones. So maybe he proved this year that he's not horrible, but I still don't think he'll ever be a consistently good starter. Besides, his arm is too soft to play in Green Bay's winds. If the Pack wants a future QB and doesn't want to do it in the draft, I think they should take a look at Mike McMahon.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts