Super Bowl LIII - Feb 3rd

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Someone posted a meme: "If I wanted to see guys fail at scoring for 3 hours I would just taken my buddies to a bar."

Snooze fest of a game. Nothing exciting to watch. Predictable outcome.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TE, slot, and fullback, all things we don't have, oh and a D, but we haven't had that for years.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty good game. Close enough that 1 play could have changed the outcome much of it, with 2 teams capable of that 1 play. Both teams were punching. It wasn’t sloppy. And it was defense, offense and special teams that won it. How can a football fan not appreciate that game?

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was a pretty good game. Close enough that 1 play could have changed the outcome much of it, with 2 teams capable of that 1 play. Both teams were punching. It wasn’t sloppy. And it was defense, offense and special teams that won it. How can a football fan not appreciate that game?

That much punting, majority of series not lasting more than 5 plays. That's boring. That was as close to a baseball game as it gets.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And so the world falls into darkness once again as The Empire known as New England once again manages to overcome the odds and get their 6th SB title. While I hate their fans with an incredible passion, I can't help but marvel at this organization and how well runned it is from the top up. Tip my hat off to Brady and company. I think i'm gonna avoid sports shows for at least two weeks as they're going to go gah gah over Brady. The Rams proved how unprepared they were, and showed no guts out there today in regards to the offense. Geoff was a fool for throwing that dumb int especially when the stakes were high. I feel for the defense, as they came to play. Truly pathetic.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That much punting, majority of series not lasting more than 5 plays. That's boring. That was as close to a baseball game as it gets.
Only boring if you don’t appreciate defense and the importance of field position battles and special teams.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let us just be thankful that the Bears lost in the opening round because they would have probably won the whole damn thing if they hadn't.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let us just be thankful that the Bears lost in the opening round because they would have probably won the whole damn thing if they hadn't.
The Pats would have had Mitch thinking he was playing offense for the Pats by the end of the game

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only boring if you don’t appreciate defense and the importance of field position battles and special teams.

I appreciate it to an extent. I don't want to see a 84-70 game either. Would have like to see a little more offense than this though, or at least some points by one of the defenses.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think i'm gonna avoid sports shows for at least two weeks as they're going to go gah gah over Brady.

I have to go sober or drink at home, because the Pats pans will be crawling out of woodwork across all pubs in known universe.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How lucky are the Patriots? Brees would have destroyed them.

Hope MLF is smarter than his mentor.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the pressure up the middle tonight, Brees would have had a 6 pick game like Favre. The only reason he got by the Eagles was because the eagles lost their guard and the run game went to heck and they lost 2 dlinemen in that game before the Saints could do anything in offense. And they couldn’t get past the Rams anyway

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All this talk of QBs and a star performer like Edelman never gets mentioned. This game was won by Edelman, not Brady.

Brady was **** all season and it was between Belichick and players like Edelman who carried the team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Last time I counted, 9 Super Bowl Appearances for BB and 9 Star Wars movies have been made, coincidence?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
The Patriots winning (again) just shows how important organizational strength and coaching is in the NFL. Also what we saw tonight is that youth and enthusiasm is no match for age and treachery.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the worst superbowl of recent memory for me. Defense/punts/field position battles is just not as fun as a shootout.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the worst superbowl of recent memory for me. Defense/punts/field position battles is just not as fun as a shootout.
Why not? What is wrong with good defense? Every play was a will it or won’t it work. Almost ints turned into 19 yard pick ups seemingly starting a dormant offense and then the defense puts a man on a man and sends extra blitzers knowing if they don’t get home they’re screwed but do it anyway. And turn the 2nd highest scoring offense away again. What is wrong with that type of football?

It’s so much easier calling a drive starting from the 30. Why don’t fans appreciate how much of an impact pinning them deep every time had in that game? And at the same time, appreciate a team driving it out of their own end zone even if it still ends up a punt later but flips the field?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
When they opened the broadcast with "the winning coach tonight will either be the oldest or the youngest to do so in Super Bowl history, I almost dialed Vegas and laid some money on New England. All I could could think of was "BB is going to take McVay to school tonight."

While I don't think it was a bad coaching job by McVay or a Masterful one by BB, I do think Dolphin fans are feeling pretty good about soon to be former Patriots DC, Brian Flores, being their new HC.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Why not? What is wrong with good defense? Every play was a will it or won’t it work. Almost ints turned into 19 yard pick ups seemingly starting a dormant offense and then the defense puts a man on a man and sends extra blitzers knowing if they don’t get home they’re screwed but do it anyway. And turn the 2nd highest scoring offense away again. What is wrong with that type of football?

It’s so much easier calling a drive starting from the 30. Why don’t fans appreciate how much of an impact pinning them deep every time had in that game? And at the same time, appreciate a team driving it out of their own end zone even if it still ends up a punt later but flips the field?
Go easy on them, it's been so long that we have seen one in Green Bay, some Packer fans don't know what a good defense looks like! ;)

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How lucky are the Patriots? Brees would have destroyed them.

Hope MLF is smarter than his mentor.

It just drove me nuts that someone would be so damn stubborn they just keep running the same old 1 WR 2 TE and QB under center sets drive in and drive out all game long and not change it. Keep on falling behind the chains to 3rd and long every time. RIDICULOUS! 1980s offense right there for you.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh, I could give the cheating organization and their racist fans credit. I'll plead the 5th.

A 32 year old WR coming off of an ACL tear with a history of using performance enhancing drugs for a team with a long history of cheating is dominating in the Super Bowl. This is what sports are all about.