Super Bowl LIII - Feb 3rd

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The Rams made it in on a no PI call but still this should be an epic Super Bowl! Lets talk all about it here!

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How interesting..

Brady knocked off the Warber Rams to start his legacy and here we are now

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI ~ Wrong Title & date. SBLIII and Feb. 3rd
I think the Rams will put a LOT more heat on Brady than he's comfortable with and the Pats offense will sputter. IF Gurley pulls his head out of his *** and decides to play up to his ability it will be a blow-out. Prediction: Rams 38, Pats 13.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady hasn’t faced a D line like the Rams...and he can barely move as it is. Also the Rams secondary is much better than the Chiefs...way better in fact. If Gurley can have a big game i can see this being 35-14 Rams.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
FYI ~ Wrong Title & date. SBLIII and Feb. 3rd
I think the Rams will put a LOT more heat on Brady than he's comfortable with and the Pats offense will sputter. IF Gurley pulls his head out of his *** and decides to play up to his ability it will be a blow-out. Prediction: Rams 38, Pats 13.

Oops. Fixed.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL is fixed and needs to push the Rams to win the L.A. Crowd. NFL has the refs call penalties against teams to give them an advantage Welcome to the the NFLE. National football league entertainment just like wwe

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How ironic. The team Brady defeated to advance to the his first Superbowl was against an AFC West team, and now he's facing the team in which started his success. Hopefully this will mark his end as well.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Patriots win a close game, BB is an absolute genius and Brady and the rest of the team are geniuses at executing that plan.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady and company will finally blow someone out in a SB. Patriots 41, Rams 17. I hope I am very very wrong.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Straight Out of Vegas on FS1 made some interesting points last night about the health, or lack thereof, for the Saints (both TEs out of the game and I believe another OLineman) If that is going to lead people to overvalue the Rams going into the SuperBowl. Did the lack of health make the Rams appear slightly better?

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First, how loaded were the other three?

Second, how important to the Saints were those guys?

H

HardRightEdge

I'd have to go with the culture of winning, the guys who have been there before, the guys who know what needs to be done.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'd have to go with the culture of winning, the guys who have been there before, the guys who know what needs to be done.
You mean like the Philadelphia Eagles? ;)

Just teasing. In all seriousness, if I had to bet everything that I own, I would absolutely take the Patriots all day every day and twice on Sunday. However, even though Belichick has historically been a genius when given two weeks to prepare, the past 5 Super Bowl appearances for the Patriots have all had moments that were sketchy:

2007 against the Giants - lost
2011 against the Giants - lost
2014 against the Seahawks - bailed out by Pete Carroll
2016 against the Falcons - total choke job
2017 against the Eagles - lost

Now...the two against the Giants could have very well turned out the opposite way. I'm going to be objective in pointing that out. And even the Eagles game as well. But, regardless of what we've seen from Brady the past couple of weeks, he is not the same quarterback that he used to be. Can he drum it up and put together a full 60 minutes of vintage Tom Brady like he has the past couple of weeks? Possibly. Maybe even probably.

But I don't think the Rams are going to make the same mistake that the Chargers made in rushing 4 and playing soft zone. Brady tore them to shreds throwing into some very open windows.

Now against the Chiefs, I give it up. He sliced and diced their defense and threaded the needle on many tight window throws with a ton of zip on them.

The way for the Rams to beat the Patriots is simple. They HAVE to shut off the run and they have to lay some wood on Brady. If they can make them one dimensional and smack Brady around, it's going to bode well for them. The Rams were quite impressive against the run against the Cowboys and the Saints, two very impressive running teams. Take away their play action, and the tide sways heavily in the favor of the Rams.

If I had to predict a score right now, I'd say that the Patriots win a very tight ball game 24-21. But I think the Rams present a very different test then what the Patriots have seen thus far. The Rams have a very legitimate chance at knocking them off. McVay will need to scheme up 5-7 plays that the Patriots aren't ready for and they need to take advantage.

Reaction score
I am for the first time EVER wanting the Patriots to win. Because I do NOT want to live in a world where Jared Goff has as many SB wins as Aaron Rodgers. Then again Dan Marino had none... Jared Goff > Dan Marino confirmed? :cautious:

And besides Brady is already the greatest ever (as much as I hate to admit that). What's one more SB win at this point?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I am for the first time EVER wanting the Patriots to win. Because I do NOT want to live in a world where Jared Goff has as many SB wins as Aaron Rodgers. Then again Dan Marino had none... Jared Goff > Dan Marino confirmed? :cautious:

And besides Brady is already the greatest ever (as much as I hate to admit that). What's one more SB win at this point?
Even though Brady is widely considered to be the GOAT, 6-3 looks much better than 5-4. With a loss in this Super Bowl, that would mean Brady is 2-4 in his last 6 Super Bowl appearances.

Reaction score
Even though Brady is widely considered to be the GOAT, 6-3 looks much better than 5-4. With a loss in this Super Bowl, that would mean Brady is 2-4 in his last 6 Super Bowl appearances.

Wonder if losing the SB hurts less for fans if they know they will likely be there next year lol

H

HardRightEdge

You mean like the Philadelphia Eagles? ;)

Just teasing. In all seriousness, if I had to bet everything that I own, I would absolutely take the Patriots all day every day and twice on Sunday. However, even though Belichick has historically been a genius when given two weeks to prepare, the past 5 Super Bowl appearances for the Patriots have all had moments that were sketchy:

2007 against the Giants - lost
2011 against the Giants - lost
2014 against the Seahawks - bailed out by Pete Carroll
2016 against the Falcons - total choke job
2017 against the Eagles - lost

Now...the two against the Giants could have very well turned out the opposite way. I'm going to be objective in pointing that out. And even the Eagles game as well. But, regardless of what we've seen from Brady the past couple of weeks, he is not the same quarterback that he used to be. Can he drum it up and put together a full 60 minutes of vintage Tom Brady like he has the past couple of weeks? Possibly. Maybe even probably.

But I don't think the Rams are going to make the same mistake that the Chargers made in rushing 4 and playing soft zone. Brady tore them to shreds throwing into some very open windows.

Now against the Chiefs, I give it up. He sliced and diced their defense and threaded the needle on many tight window throws with a ton of zip on them.

The way for the Rams to beat the Patriots is simple. They HAVE to shut off the run and they have to lay some wood on Brady. If they can make them one dimensional and smack Brady around, it's going to bode well for them. The Rams were quite impressive against the run against the Cowboys and the Saints, two very impressive running teams. Take away their play action, and the tide sways heavily in the favor of the Rams.

If I had to predict a score right now, I'd say that the Patriots win a very tight ball game 24-21. But I think the Rams present a very different test then what the Patriots have seen thus far. The Rams have a very legitimate chance at knocking them off. McVay will need to scheme up 5-7 plays that the Patriots aren't ready for and they need to take advantage.
I offered a single line worth of opinion on the matter. That's as much as I care to invest in it.

Reaction score
Patriots win a close game, BB is an absolute genius and Brady and the rest of the team are geniuses at executing that plan.

Ok, let's step back a minute.
Yes, BB might be a absolute genius when it comes to winning football games, but have you ever wondered how
one guy can get 53 players, all his coaches, assistant coaches, and the water boys clicking on the same page in all play-off and super bowl games??
Just doesn't seem possible.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes, BB might be a absolute genius when it comes to winning football games, but have you ever wondered how
one guy can get 53 players, all his coaches, assistant coaches, and the water boys clicking on the same page in all play-off and super bowl games??

By passing 47 of these out before every game. ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score

It’s something called (Great) Leadership ... ;)

Members online

Latest posts