Super Bowl LIII - Feb 3rd

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The ratings were low because your average fan wants a high scoring shoot out. Personally, I am so annoyed by people saying it was a boring game. A defensive battle is the best kind of game. Sure, I lost some money because I took the over, but I loved watching two high powered offenses look like garbage and stopped by the opposing defenses.

LeFluer needs to establish a run game in this offense! The Patriots best the Chargers and KC solely by establishing the run in playoffs to goto the SB. A pass happy offense is fun to watch, but as we learned last season is not all that effective in today’s game.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Certainly anything can be slanted with effective editing, but, not having watched the game, I had to depend on the talk shows on Monday morning. I got the impression that the lack of scoring had as much to do with ineffective play/coaching as it did with good D.

If the lack of viewers and fans in the stands is supposedly because they want high scoring, what is it about having the 2nd highest scoring team in the league playing that would keep them away?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don’t depend on talk shows, they’re there to drive agendas and keep viewers engaged. Go watch the game.

If you can’t run, can’t throw short and can’t throw deep, what’s left? The patriots gobbled up everything the Rams tried.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks, but no thanks. Not interested in the game, just sports forum discussions about it. :) Some of the comments appeared to be disjointed. Carry on.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The ratings were low because your average fan wants a high scoring shoot out. Personally, I am so annoyed by people saying it was a boring game. A defensive battle is the best kind of game. Sure, I lost some money because I took the over, but I loved watching two high powered offenses look like garbage and stopped by the opposing defenses.

LeFluer needs to establish a run game in this offense! The Patriots best the Chargers and KC solely by establishing the run in playoffs to goto the SB. A pass happy offense is fun to watch, but as we learned last season is not all that effective in today’s game.

I think it is easier said than done and what most teams attempt to do. However, I feel like most teams don't have the running ability the Packers have and not try to use them. I think Jones and Williams can be very dynamic together with a balance attack. The Packers this season made it so clear they were looking to pass and only pass. WRs could not get separation and if you aren't fooling anyone that you MAY run the ball, no kidding. I hope I am not too optimistic that I think a lot of the problems the team had was a domino affect and the team isn't as bad as their record appeared.

Back to the Super Bowl, I enjoyed it. Both teams were in it until the final play of the game and it was two defensive wizards seeing who would crack first.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, they could also stop giving their opponents phantom calls as well. That roughing the passer on the Chiefs was just ridiculous.

And so was the illegal pick that happened 9 yards down field on the Watkins catch that led to the Williams touchdown to put the Chiefs in the lead, that was not called.

Refs need to be better as a whole, it isn't just one team in particular. Patriots get probably the most air time across the board which makes the calls appear more prevalent.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to depend on the talk shows on Monday morning. I got the impression that the lack of scoring had as much to do with ineffective play/coaching as it did with good D.
The line I got from the talk shows I saw was that the Patriots had coached a masterpiece of a defensive game, and that the Rams did pretty well also.

I think Jones and Williams can be very dynamic together with a balance attack. The Packers this season made it so clear they were looking to pass and only pass.
I like our young running backs, but I thought that a lot of their success came from the fact that teams were focusing on stopping our passing attack. It seemed like when teams focused on stopping the run, they were more successful. For the same reason, it seemed like we couldn't count on the Packers to pick up a few yards on the ground when they really needed them.

None of that suggests we shouldn't run the ball more though.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, that's what makes sports easy to talk about forever - everything is subjective and relative. I was thinking of the dropped Rams passes and missed throws where D didn't appear to be the cause. Just a few plays, certainly, but how many times do we hang our hats on one or two? Not having watched it, and seeing some of the discussion here, I was wondering more about the 'great defensive battle' vs 'crappy game' viewpoints. Since it's over, it doesn't really matter much any more. Back to your regularly schedule program. :)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't remember too many plays where the Rams receiver wasn't well defended or too many where Goff wasn't pressured into a throw. I think saying there were a few that they just missed would be generous. Even the wide open one in the endzone to Cooks? McCourty busted his *** across a third of the field to break it up. It was an absolute sell out by the defender to deny the Rams that TD. Outside of maybe a handful of plays the Rams had, one of their best plays wasn't even a catch.

Hey, I get it. On Paper the Rams should win that game every single time. They didn't and now people are trying to find excuses as to why. The reason why is they were outplayed in ever single facet of football. It's not as if they played poorly. They played a good game, the Pats just played better.

Members online

Latest posts