Super Bowl LIII - Feb 3rd

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though Brady is widely considered to be the GOAT, 6-3 looks much better than 5-4. With a loss in this Super Bowl, that would mean Brady is 2-4 in his last 6 Super Bowl appearances.

If he loses he may be 2-4 in his last 6 appearances but the number that stands out to me the most is the 6 appearances.

Not to sound like a smart *** but what is Aaron Rodgers record in his last 6 SB appearances?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If he loses he may be 2-4 in his last 6 appearances but the number that stands out to me the most is the 6 appearances.

Not to sound like a smart *** but what is Aaron Rodgers record in his last 6 SB appearances?

Rodgers is undefeated in all of the SB games he has participated in. ;)

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though Brady is widely considered to be the GOAT, 6-3 looks much better than 5-4. With a loss in this Super Bowl, that would mean Brady is 2-4 in his last 6 Super Bowl appearances.

Perception wise I think it's very big he wins this Super Bowl. Considering he gets a free home field advantage and bye because of a very weak division, the haters will just have to kiss the rings if he's 6-3 in this game.
But everything I said only pertains to the perception, not reality. The perception if Seattle runs it with Marshawn and Brady loses another SB, now Brady isn't that great in the big game. But since Butler came up with the pick, he's now the greatest of all time. Only idiots base a player's 20 year legacy on 1 play and 1 game, and it happens way too often.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really believe the Rams can blow the Patriots out. Their defense is a really bad matchup for New England's offense. I know Patriots are a good team but I don't think over night they became a team at the end of the regular season ready to die to all of a sudden being unstoppable. They have flaws like the other 31 teams in the league.

Patriots Positives:
-Experience
-Bye week gives the old farts Brady and Gronk time to rest
-Rams have no fans, therefore home field advantage should go to NE

Rams Positives
-Dominant interior d-lineman Aaron Donald and Suh (playing in a contract year and giving full effort in playoffs) won't allow Brady to step up in pocket, therefore likely forcing Patriots into shotgun (leads to next point)
-Because New England will likely have to go shotgun, less carries for Michel who has been their best player in playoffs IMO. Bill may get creative and put both Michel and White in game at shotgun
-Rams have been really good against the run in playoffs vs really good run teams (Cowboys and Saints)
-Wade Phillips has had a lot of success against @rodell330 's boy McDaniels and New England's offense
-Cooks recently and Talib 5 years ago were let go by the Patriots. Sure the Patriots know their weaknesses, but they know weaknesses of many more Patriots players. The revenge factor worked good with Blount last Super Bowl as well as Patricia and Dion Lewis this regular season.
-CJ Anderson has had success against Patriots coached defense (I know, he may not play much with Gurley back but we shall see)
-2 weeks to prepare for Belichick is much easier than 1
-Brady and Co. are getting really cocky with instagram videos and more things. Maybe this is a good thing for NE, but last time this happened was when he mocked Plaxico Burress....

Early prediction Rams 34 Patriots 17

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

2-4 is what John Elway was and he’s been killed for it. Didn’t win the big one until he got TD. Brady benefitted greatly from defensive/running oriented teams early in his career.

Not taking anything away from Brady. Just stating the obvious that 2-4 isn’t all that great. Getting there is a huge accomplishment. But it’s about winning those big games. Not really sure how Rodgers came into the discussion lol.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from Brady. Just stating the obvious that 2-4 isn’t all that great. Getting there is a huge accomplishment. But it’s about winning those big games.
Sounds a bit like Skip Bayless always criticizing Rodgers by reciting his playoff record SINCE the Super Bowl win. He always leaves the Super Bowl run out of it so he can cherry pick his results.

I've never understood how athletes were more respected for never losing in the finals. So you're a better player because you lost in an earlier round (when you didn't make the finals)? Makes no sense.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I always have a hard time pinpointing "great players" based on "team results". A football season is 16+ games that 53+ players and coaches participate in for each team. Sure you can say "this guy or that guy was a great player, because he was on this many winning teams", but was each victory a result of that one guy being on that one team? Peyton Manning was a great QB, but I don't look back at the 2015 Broncos and say "They won it because of Peyton".

Not taking anything away from Tom Brady or other players who have won multiple Super Bowls, but it takes all 53+ players and coaches to accomplish those feats.

All that said, Tom Brady will be remembered as a great QB and SB's will be a part of that, but I hope people remember he had some help along the way.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always have a hard time pinpointing "great players" based on "team results".
I completely agree with you, especially in a game like football. But even if it is somewhat unfair, few people will consider you for GOAT level status (which is kind of a silly concept to begin with) unless you have won some championships, the more the better. I mean when Brady flashes you those five rings, what are you going to say?

By the way, Bart Starr also had five NFL championships, although his name rarely comes up for GOAT (although it does on occasion). Aside from his 9-1 playoff record, what most impresses me is the fact that his playoff passer rating is STILL the best in league history. That just flat out amazes me, especially with all the league changes over the years to emphasize the passing game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I completely agree with you, especially in a game like football. But even if it is somewhat unfair, few people will consider you for GOAT level status (which is kind of a silly concept to begin with) unless you have won some championships, the more the better. I mean when Brady flashes you those five rings, what are you going to say?

By the way, Bart Starr also had five NFL championships, although his name rarely comes up for GOAT (although it does on occasion). Aside from his 9-1 playoff record, what most impresses me is the fact that his playoff passer rating is STILL the best in league history. That just flat out amazes me, especially with all the league changes over the years to emphasize the passing game.

Bart Starr is a good example of how a solid player on a solid team, can lead to great things. While I can't say I know a lot about Bart, I hear a lot about his coach and the players around him, so I have to think they were a big part of the success during that Era.

After last season (2017) I think we (myself included) were all convinced that the Packers were great mainly because of AR, due to how bad they were with Brett Hundley. However, this season kind of showed me that maybe 2017 wasn't that big of a fluke after all and it wasn't all because of no AR, but more that the Packers team was just on the decline. Sucks for Packer fans, but couldn't have been better timing for AR and his new contract.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I see it, my greatness takes nothing away from Aaron Rodgers. I don't even live that far from GB and it doesn't seem to affect him at all. So Tom and Aaron can both be great too. By being great, neither takes anything away from the other

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
You could have posted your thoughts without replying to me. But in the end it's a win-win! :coffee:
I replied to you in regards to the part about the Eagles just to yank your chain a little. The rest was my general thoughts on the thread. Sorry for the confusion.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I neither hate nor adore either team, I am somewhat moderately surprised at the prognostications of a Rams blow-out.

My gut feeling is quite the opposite, that the GOAT TB and the QB whisperer / super-genius BB will mop the floor / field with the imposter Rams.

I'm going Patriots 38, Rams 17.

Not sure if I'm happy or sad about this. :unsure:

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I’m getting a 2009 dejavu ...

New Orleans was primed to win the Super Bowl because of Hurricane Catrina ... seeing the NFCCG with its really bad officiating and multiple AP fumbles ... I have a weird feeling the Rams will win because the NFL brass needs a Rams win to win the crowd in LA ...

My Money would be on a comfortable Patriots Victory, however I am probably gonna double Down with a Rams Victory in OT ... lol

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea. This is like the last Pats game. I saw KC as being "better", but didn't think they'd win. I think the Rams are better, but again, young QB against brady and Bellichick. Donald could create pressure up th emiddle and force some errors, and they'll need to. They need to limit their mistakes or they won't beat the Pats. I think the Rams should win, by 10+. But I don't think they will win at all :)

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2-4 is what John Elway was and he’s been killed for it. Didn’t win the big one until he got TD. Brady benefitted greatly from defensive/running oriented teams early in his career.

Not taking anything away from Brady. Just stating the obvious that 2-4 isn’t all that great. Getting there is a huge accomplishment. But it’s about winning those big games. Not really sure how Rodgers came into the discussion lol.

The Rodgers comment wasn't aimed at you specifically but to those who will say that Rodgers is a much better QB the Brady. I wasn't trying to compare the two directly I was just saying Brady has been (will have been) in 6 SBs and that is pretty damned impressive which you agreed with. Rodgers, as great as he is, has only been in 1. Its a team game but the QB gets a lot of the credit.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I’m getting a 2009 dejavu ...

New Orleans was primed to win the Super Bowl because of Hurricane Catrina ... seeing the NFCCG with its really bad officiating and multiple AP fumbles ... I have a weird feeling the Rams will win because the NFL brass needs a Rams win to win the crowd in LA ...

My Money would be on a comfortable Patriots Victory, however I am probably gonna double Down with a Rams Victory in OT ... lol

Yes, They need to sell all those overpriced season tickets to the new 5 billion dollar stadium being built.

Follow the $.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Rodgers comment wasn't aimed at you specifically but to those who will say that Rodgers is a much better QB the Brady. I wasn't trying to compare the two directly I was just saying Brady has been (will have been) in 6 SBs and that is pretty damned impressive which you agreed with. Rodgers, as great as he is, has only been in 1. Its a team game but the QB gets a lot of the credit.
Brady's great, no doubt. And I'm not going to drum up or rehash old debates, just briefly though I think Rodgers is a better overall quarterback than Brady. The Belichick factor is enormous.

Tom Brady though is without question for me the greatest ever. I just wonder what all might end up coming out one of these days to go along with spygate and deflategate.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Only in LA can you overspend 2.5 billion dollars on a stadium and get rewarded a Super Bowl trophy. Makes me sick.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Rams are winning this
When did they get the trophy?

There gonna win. The line has already made a hard move the Pat's way and the NFL has gotten very careless on how they close these things out as I've been watching it all year.. I look for a close game that goes the Rams way in the end.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams are winning this

There gonna win. The line has already made a hard move the Pat's way and the NFL has gotten very careless on how they close these things out as I've been watching it all year.. I look for a close game that goes the Rams way in the end.

Are you saying the Rams are winning this because they are the better team and will beat the Patriots or are you saying the Rams are winning this because the NFL wants them to win it and will figure out a way to make it happen?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Are you saying the Rams are winning this because they are the better team and will beat the Patriots or are you saying the Rams are winning this because the NFL wants them to win it and will figure out a way to make it happen?

I believe the Rans are the better team on paper but also believe they will get help if they need it after what I've seen this season.

Members online

Latest posts