Super Bowl LIII - Feb 3rd

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As soon as Russell went on his orchestrated fake personal image enhancement protocol with God and his mother of another mans child by his side I grew tired of him quickly. He may as well be a Buckeye as far as I’m concerned.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
He may as well be a Buckeye as far as I’m concerned.
I have been fighting my feelings on how I will feel about that, when Bosa slips to #12 and the Packers grab him...I got over it with A.J. Hawk, I guess I can get over it with Nick. :coffee:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the "hatred" for the Cowboys runs deeper and hits closer to home for most Packer fans. In the 90's, between 1991-1996, the Packers lost 8 straight to the boys. With 3 of those losses (93, 94 and 95) knocking us out of the Playoffs.
That was brutal. We played seven straight games against them as the road team and Favre could not play in Texas Stadium, it seemed. I remember he complained about the sloping field.

My hatred for the Cowboys goes back to the '70s, when they were in the playoffs every frigging year, and usually won a few rounds to boot. And they started calling them America's team, and I remember a bunch of kids in grade school wearing Cowboy jackets. Ugh. I live in Indiana, and this was before the Colts came to Indianapolis. Seemed like most people liked the Bears, and the ones who didn't liked the Cowboys. There were a few Packer fans as well, but the team stunk in those years.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
77% of the $ is on Pat's-2.5 so I expect the Rams to at least cover and possibly win. They will cover for sure though.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I want the Rams to win because I live in New England and hate Patriots fans. Don’t get me wrong, I love all of the football fans that cheer for the Patriots, but hate your typical Patriots fam. That being said, I think the Patriots will still win in a very close game, but the spread is too close for comfort. I took the over. It will be a low scoring first half and a high scoring second.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This memory always sticks in my mind:

A few years ago I was visiting Green Bay, and we were eating lunch at Anduzzi's. The TVs had the Sunday football games on, and there was a large contingent there that was loudly cheering every move the Patriots made. I thought that was the strangest thing. I didn't know if they just happened to be a bunch of Pats fans, if Packer fans just appreciate a good football team, or if they were in town to see a game at Lambeau and liked the Patriots. It was very confusing

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
This memory always sticks in my mind:

A few years ago I was visiting Green Bay, and we were eating lunch at Anduzzi's. The TVs had the Sunday football games on, and there was a large contingent there that was loudly cheering every move the Patriots made. I thought that was the strangest thing. I didn't know if they just happened to be a bunch of Pats fans, if Packer fans just appreciate a good football team, or if they were in town to see a game at Lambeau and liked the Patriots. It was very confusing
  1. Were the Patriots playing a Packer Rival?
  2. Were the Patriots knocking out an NFC team to help the Packer playoff position?
  3. You had a few too many beers and it was Dancing with the Stars they were cheering?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  1. Were the Patriots playing a Packer Rival?
  2. Were the Patriots knocking out an NFC team to help the Packer playoff position?
  3. You had a few too many beers and it was Dancing with the Stars they were cheering?
1. They were playing the Browns
2. Nope
3. I don't drink

Reaction score
I believe the key to this game will be QB pressure. If the RAms can’t get to Brady he will methodically stick pins in them until they bleed out slowly.

McVay had better have an assortment of full court pressure blitzes prepared. Even Tom gets rattled occasionally and forces passes, fumbles etc.. If I’m the Rams I’m going for broke getting in that backfield with everything but the kitchen sink.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
This game is won at the line of scrimmage. You have one of The best defensive lines in the league facing one of the best offensive lines in the league. Don’t expect Donald to put up big numbers as he will be facing a double team on a great oline. But also don’t expect Tom Brady not to get hit and throw some picks.

D

Deleted member 6794

This game is won at the line of scrimmage. You have one of The best defensive lines in the league facing one of the best offensive lines in the league. Don’t expect Donald to put up big numbers as he will be facing a double team on a great oline. But also don’t expect Tom Brady not to get hit and throw some picks.

It has been awfully tough for opponents to pressure Brady as he gets rid of the ball extremely quick though.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It has been awfully tough for opponents to pressure Brady as he gets rid of the ball extremely quick though.
They’re going to have to jam up them receivers and make him go through his progressions. If Brady’s able to consistently get it to his first read, it’s going to be a long night for the Rams.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I probably won't watch it for the first time in 35 years. I just don't care who wins and it all centers on the Rams. If they lose, fine. They didn't deserve to be there anyway. If they win, fine. The NFL deserves to have an illegitimate champion hung around its neck.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I probably won't watch it for the first time in 35 years. I just don't care who wins and it all centers on the Rams. If they lose, fine. They didn't deserve to be there anyway. If they win, fine. The NFL deserves to have an illegitimate champion hung around its neck.

:rolleyes:

If the refs would have made the calls they missed against the Saints the one missed call everyone is focusing on probably wouldn't have mattered.

You can hold your breath all you want but they won the game and they deserve to be there. I would have rather had the Saints (for Drew Brees) but I'll take any team's victory over the Patriots.

I'm still not gonna bet against them though unless my nephew wants a chance to get even for everything he bet me throughout the season. We kept going double or nothing and I think he owes me $16.00 right now. If he wants the Patriots I'll give him a chance to get even since I'll probably never see the money anyway.

Last edited:

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Julian Edelman. When the Pats need a big play, look for him.
They need to double team him. But I believe he'll be taken out of the picture with Talib taking him on assignments most of the time.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Pat's dont have a number 2 just like the Saints didn't. You need a no.2 to beat Rams.

The Coordinator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tony Romo said that Josh McD. had 1000 plays written up for Brady for the super bowl. I will say the guy is prepared.

Members online