Pay Per View Super Bowl?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just look what ESPN did to monday night football LOL. I wouldn't look to them for anything. The more eyeballs on an even the better. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot for a very short term gain.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
just look what ESPN did to monday night football LOL. I wouldn't look to them for anything. The more eyeballs on an even the better. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot for a very short term gain.

I dropped ESPN a few years back and have not missed a thing. I listen to the game on radio if the Packers are playing.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dropped ESPN a few years back and have not missed a thing. I listen to the game on radio if the Packers are playing.
Lucky enough to be in the local market so ABC airs packer games on Monday nights. Their production isn't that good and overall they killed Monday night football. It went from being THE game to watch across the nation to something only gamblers and local teams playing pay attention to. Great job ESPN.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Their coverage of MNF is pathetic. I remember when MNF was the broadcast that I always looked forward to hearing, no matter who was playing. Now I won't watch it, unless the Packers are playing.

People are starting to unplug from cable, Netflix and other paid services. They are either figuring out cheaper ways to watch only the content they want or finding other things to do.

Keep an eye on the NBA, NHL and MLB. Diamond Sports Group/Bally Sports is potentially declaring Bankruptcy in March. If they do, many fans will be cut off from watching their teams play and those teams may see a big dip in their revenues.

Reaction score
I’m out on paying to watch the SB. The NFL has already taken a serious step backwards in punishing their fans. As the cost of goods and services rise, expect the NFL to push more overseas to compensate for losses

It should be called the WFL. It’s not National anymore.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I’m out on paying to watch the SB. The NFL has already taken a serious step backwards in punishing their fans. As the cost of goods and services rise, expect the NFL to push more overseas to compensate for losses

It should be called the WFL. It’s not National anymore.
As much as I love the Packers, I wouldn't mind seeing the NFL implode, as the fans finally get fed up with it and say "F you NFL, we are done until owners aren't making billions and players aren't making millions."

Reaction score
As much as I love the Packers, I wouldn't mind seeing the NFL implode, as the fans finally get fed up with it and say "F you NFL, we are done until owners aren't making billions and players aren't making millions."
Yes. Plus, for Packer fans we’re in no man’s land. This would be a fantastic time if we need to boycott and miss games or go on fan strike!

I’ll strike for 2 years! :roflmao:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way I'd pay to watch the Super Bowl would be if the Packers were in it. If I ever had any interest in any of them outside of that, I'd get it through a pirate streaming option for free. Let me premise this. I'd top out at $5.

When I see how much the league charges the network, and how much the network gets for their ads, I'm appalled at how willing they all are to just throw money away.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
When I see how much the league charges the network, and how much the network gets for their ads, I'm appalled at how willing they all are to just throw money away.
The more appalling thing, those companies paying for those ads, are passing the cost through to their customers, us! Now some people say "oh I won't watch sports because of that", but they are indirectly paying too, unless they live entirely off the land and the grid. Even if you don't buy Budweiser Beer or any other brand advertised on TV, I bet the brand that you consume, has been able to raise their prices, right along with the companies that spend major dollars on TV ads.

I think too many people are under the impression that unless you purchase tickets, jerseys, concessions, etc. you aren't contributing to the NFL, wrongo!

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
The more appalling thing, those companies paying for those ads, are passing the cost through to their customers, us! Now some people say "oh I won't watch sports because of that", but they are indirectly paying too, unless they live entirely off the land and the grid. Even if you don't buy Budweiser Beer or any other brand advertised on TV, I bet the brand that you consume, has been able to raise their prices, right along with the companies that spend major dollars on TV ads.

I think too many people are under the impression that unless you purchase tickets, jerseys, concessions, etc. you aren't contributing to the NFL, wrongo!

Yup. Buy or do business with any of the sponsors listed on the link below and you are helping fund the NFL. This does not include the 32 teams and their sponsors for stadium naming rights, "official team products", or player endorsement deals.

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.c...FL-Season-Preview/NFL-corporate-sponsors.aspx

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Plus, for Packer fans we’re in no man’s land. This would be a fantastic time if we need to boycott and miss games or go on fan strike!

I’ll strike for 2 years! :roflmao:
If the NFL starts charging fans to watch a televised production of the Super Bowl or any other game that will be the end of my NFL fandom, Packers or no Packers.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If the NFL starts charging fans to watch a televised production of the Super Bowl or any other game that will be the end of my NFL fandom, Packers or no Packers.
In a way they did, when they switched games to ESPN and now Amazon Prime. While people are not paying directly for them, they would have to have one of those services to watch the games. I have friends that use Rabbit ears and Apple TV. They love football, but refuse to go cable or any other boxed service.

I would be just fine with going to only pay for what you watch, much like electricity, the old long distance service, movie theatres, etc. But I think the NFL and other Sports would come to the painful realization, that a lot of people would give it up, if they had to pay for each and every game they watched on TV.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a way they did, when they switched games to ESPN and now Amazon Prime. While people are not paying directly for them, they would have to have one of those services to watch the games. I have friends that use Rabbit ears and Apple TV. They love football, but refuse to go cable or any other boxed service.

I would be just fine with going to only pay for what you watch, much like electricity, the old long distance service, movie theatres, etc. But I think the NFL and other Sports would come to the painful realization, that a lot of people would give it up, if they had to pay for each and every game they watched on TV.
There are ways to beat the system. I do have Amazon +. But that I had before, with shopping. I just had to buy the dongle, and use it for the TV package that comes with it. There's a myriad of free offerings out there with it. But trust me, there are other services available where you can get anything you want throughout most of the world, on actual services and stations, at a pittance. You just know how to find it and get it. In some cases it could cost less than the cost of a couple of double Whataburgers, large fries, and large drinks, for a month of service. My eyes have been opened.

In fact, I'm sitting on a gold mine that's about to kick off full steam for me in 7 months. Full Canadian TV for people who want it, down here in South Texas for the same price as I stated above. They'd also have total access to all Canadian sports, etc. I already have about 60 people who want to sign up next fall, and from there on in, it's going to grown. In the end, I'll be making about $15 a month on each one, each month, and there will be no work involved. I'm also confident, based on what I've already found for interest, talking to just 10 or 11 people out front, that I will end up with about 200 to 250 subscribers the first year. In about 3 years, that total could easily reach 500. It would be nice adding up to $7,500 a month income to our present retirement income. I could afford to buy my wife a cup of coffee at that same time I buy one for myself. :)

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PPV Super Bowl would almost assuredly set records for bootleg streaming lol

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
PPV Super Bowl would almost assuredly set records for bootleg streaming lol
Agreed. Much like the music industry faced, streaming services are losing business due to the average person being able to figure out how to get content for free. I pay for YouTubeTV, Prime and Netflix and have access to way more content than I need. I'm ready to drop Netflix and love YTTV for the fact that I have the ability to record and store unlimited content (for 9 months).

Members online

Latest posts