Successful season wo Rodgers

How many wins will make you say it was successful wo rodgers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
What say you? If no rodgers at all.. what will be a success forntou?

1 to 4 wins is a success?

5 to 8 is a success?

and so on

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However many it takes to make the playoffs then win it all. After all anything less than a SB win is not a successful season is it :rolleyes:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My expectations never change no matter who is under center. 20-0.The defense has been the Achilles heel.

If your expectations are 20-0 every year are you inconsolable every year when they fall short or do you realize that is a highly unrealistic expectation to have and adjust your level of disappointment accordingly.

I'm sure they don't have to go 20-0 for you to consider it a successful season.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However many it takes to make the playoffs then win it all. After all anything less than a SB win is not a successful season is it :rolleyes:
Well it is very very disappointing but it beats not being there and not having a chance imho. I mean is it better to lose earlier in the playoffs or not make them at all? I like having a good team that others are afraid of.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This what I expect every year. Undefeated or 1 loss at home. .500 on the road. .500 within the division (rarely is it different). Exciting football with Lambeau crammed to the rafters. Watching players lay it on the line for 4 quarters while playing for the most storied franchise in NFL history. That's all.

Reaction score
I’m in that 7-9 wins range season 2021 without Rodgers. (8-8 is my guess) Partly because we have a difficult schedule coupled with our New QB learning the nuances of this intricate O system + 1st year DC.
But Id also see us in 2022 going 10-12 Wins and right back in the hunt.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This what I expect every year. Undefeated or 1 loss at home. .500 on the road. .500 within the division (rarely is it different). Exciting football with Lambeau crammed to the rafters. Watching players lay it on the line for 4 quarters while playing for the most storied franchise in NFL history. That's all.
I almost "liked" it but don't like 500 ball in the division. And better on the road also. Sadly, as far as I am concerned, there is no Lambeau mystic. Atlanta ruined that for all time. Gotta go and win wherever.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
9-12 wins and in the playoffs if the front office and coaching are as brilliant as they think they are.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
No Rodgers...with Bortles and/or Love @ QB......5-6 wins.

While I think MLF's offense is probably less reliable on having a FHOF QB running it, there is a dramatic drop-off in talent between Rodgers and Bortles/Love. Just ask those teams that are reportedly willing to part with a ton of draft capital and players, just for that QB that some here are thinking only makes a game or 2 difference. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to label a season a success when 12 is not in the equation. I cannot make a judgement on this whole media circus until Rodgers announces that he in fact does not want to play in Green Bay anymore. If that is the case, the front office needs to try and stay competitive. If the wheels once again fall off the wagon as they did with Hundley, I guess we all have to watch and see if our GM and scouts can puzzle together something.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Bortles early in the season and Love to finish it I could see 9-8 or 10-7 and in the playoffs.

Either QB should be able to make it through first 2 or 3 reads & then a dump off on pass plays. Can also see 45%-50% running plays to take some pressure off of the QB. This would allow the line to be more aggressive with blocking.

Last edited:

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’re missing the only answer that makes a successful season. Winning the Super Bowl, period, end of story.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You’re missing the only answer that makes a successful season. Winning the Super Bowl, period, end of story.
GB hasn't even made it to he SB in the last 10 years, much less won ...so they've all been failures? The team with the best QB doesn't necessarily win the SB every year ~ it takes a very good D and at least a good/very good O to win the SB.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB hasn't even made it to he SB in the last 10 years, much less won ...so they've all been failures? The team with the best QB doesn't necessarily win the SB every year ~ it takes a very good D and at least a good/very good O to win the SB.
Yes, doesn’t mean I don’t enjoy every second of the Packers season it simply means I do not define my enjoyment of the season on whether it is failure or a success

Reaction score
Too many unknown variables in that situation to make an accurate prediction, such as who the starting QB would be, and any players we might get in a trade.

I do agree with those that we don't need a star QB because of the scheme MLF runs, combined with a good OL, running game, and easy throws(both in terms of wide open pass catchers and not having to throw too deep too often). We could use another big-time pass catcher, but other than that, I think the offense has the right personnel. With that being said, you still need at least adequate QB play, and I am not sure we would get that out of a rookie Jordan Love or Blake Bortles. You also don't know if they would get a new QB in a trade and how good he might be.

The defense needs to step up. It is not a bad defense, and we have got some bright spots with very talented parts, but I think it needs to take the next step into becoming a top-level defense for us to be a super bowl team without any drop off in the offense(and I do think our offense can be very good without a star QB as I previously mentioned, but I would still expect some drop off). We really need to get better in the middle on the DL, at ILB, and at the corner position opposite Jaire. Maybe we could get those missing pieces in the trade?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I cannot make a judgement on this whole media circus until Rodgers announces that he in fact does not want to play in Green Bay anymore.

I wouldn't hold your breath on hearing those exact words. I know it is just semantics, but whether he actually feels that way or not, I don't think he is going to ever actually say (in public) that he doesn't want to play in Green Bay anymore. He is smart enough to know what that will do to his legacy and will say something more to the effect of "I think it was best for the team and myself to move on and start new chapters in our lives." That will be connected to "I loved playing in Green Bay, they have some of the greatest fans in the NFL".

I also get the impression that unless something really damning is revealed about the Packer FO, Rodgers will be treated much like Favre was. Understood and still loved by some Packer fans, while other fans will have a very difficult time ever liking the guy/player again.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ultimately, I do think the last 10 years have been a failure. They haven't been able to put together a top defense, despite repeated attempts. They've had a couple of excellent opportunities to get to the Super Bowl and fell flat. So yeah, ultimately the last 10 years have been a disappointment. I agree with Ogsponge though, that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the team or the games.

I wouldn't say every season is a failure if you don't win the Super Bowl, sometimes it's a building process. I wouldn't expect Love to take the team to the Super Bowl in his first year starting. But yeah, if you don't make it all the way during the course of that build, you've fallen short of your goals.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I almost "liked" it but don't like 500 ball in the division. And better on the road also. Sadly, as far as I am concerned, there is no Lambeau mystic. Atlanta ruined that for all time. Gotta go and win wherever.
The toughest games they play all year are within the division, in my opinion. What we like and what we want are entirely different things. Must admit that I don't understand the Atlanta reference. I agree that the home field is probably not what it used to be but I am going to blame that on global warming.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The toughest games they play all year are within the division, in my opinion. What we like and what we want are entirely different things. Must admit that I don't understand the Atlanta reference. I agree that the home field is probably not what it used to be but I am going to blame that on global warming.
When we were favored at home in the playoffs and Vick...

D

Deleted member 6794

I think that a lot of fans don't realize how tough it is to adequately replace a HOF quarterback while watching other teams struggle to find at least average passers to become competitive.

It takes more then one player to win games.
Put your best team on the field, and move on without a diva

It's tough to win in the NFL, period. It gets even harder without having the best player in the league.

The Packers are 11-1 against division opponents in two season with MLF as their head coach. As long as they can keep Rodgers better than .500 should be expected against the Vikings, Lions and Bears.

The Packers lost their first playoff home games against Atlanta in 2002, that's what the other poster was referring to. Since then they have lost another four playoff games at Lambeau.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Rodgers...with Bortles and/or Love @ QB......5-6 wins.

While I think MLF's offense is probably less reliable on having a FHOF QB running it, there is a dramatic drop-off in talent between Rodgers and Bortles/Love. Just ask those teams that are reportedly willing to part with a ton of draft capital and players, just for that QB that some here are thinking only makes a game or 2 difference. :rolleyes:
A lot of that draft capital also takes ticket, merchandise, and prime time TV slots into account. Even if Rodgers falls off drastically beginning this season, don't you think it is in the best interest of a team like the Jags to sell the farm for him? They would finally sell tickets, merch, regularly get on prime time TV, and make a KILLING for a few years.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A lot of that draft capital also takes ticket, merchandise, and prime time TV slots into account. Even if Rodgers falls off drastically beginning this season, don't you think it is in the best interest of a team like the Jags to sell the farm for him? They would finally sell tickets, merch, regularly get on prime time TV, and make a KILLING for a few years.
Jags will have no problems selling tickets after drafting Trevor Lawrence. I'm pretty sure they are almost as far down the list as the Chiefs in their desire to trade for Rodgers.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts