Studs?? N duds Titans

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man that brings back the phrase "Live with Favre. Die with Favre." I think he has the most career INTs of any QB in the HOF.

But it's also what made him so much fun to watch, and incredibly infuriating at the same time.

At least he was consistent. I remember an INT late in the NFCCG against the Giants at a very cold Lambeau - must have been 2007 - and it cost them a trip to the SB. And then he did the same thing with the Vikings in the NFCCG against the Saints - I think that was 2009 or 2010. He had the Vikings in range for a game winning field goal. All he had to do was fall down. He threw an INT. The Saints went on to win the SB.
Int vs the Giants
Owner of Bergstrom car dealers in GB kicked open his door to his suite and said that mf isnt playing here again

And if memory serves me right. He was on the board of directors

;)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most INTs of ANY NFL QB
Good correction. I knew that but got stuck on the HOF theme. It's much worse when you compare him to every QB who has played the game. He threw a lot of TDs as well and was certainly entertaining. But as a fan, each pass required me to hold my breath for just a sec. He was a gunslinger, no doubt.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Int vs the Giants
Owner of Bergstrom car dealers in GB kicked open his door to his suite and said that mf isnt playing here again

;)
That's too funny. I was living in Chicago at the time and was just crushed by that pick. As I recall, there were at least two teams seeded higher than GB and they lost, giving the Packers the home game. And it was ****ing cold. I just remember looking at the face of the Giants' coach, I think it was Tom McLaughlin or something like that and it was as red as a ****ing beet. He must have gotten some nasty frost bite.

And was that the year of the "helmet catch" in the SB, where the Giants beat the then unbeaten Pats and BB wouldn't shake hands after? What a season.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think it's a problem with getting open, Twitter has examples of Rodgers just not finding his open receivers and making poor choices.

Here's a good example in a very costly situation with a very stupid decision.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

As I have mentioned repeatedly it happens to every quarterback in the league. There's no reason to form an opinion based on a single play though.

I do agree that Rodgers just flat out won't throw anything in the middle of the field. Seems like he's petrified of throwing an INT.

That's incorrect as according to PFR Rodgers has thrown the third most passing attempts in the league over the middle this season.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Int vs the Giants

;)
It WAS his last game as a Packer. He came back and played there 2 more times as a Viking. With that said the INT cost us a trip to the SB but I am not so sure we win that game anyway. The Giants dominated and had the game won in regulation if not for some blips. What disappointed me more is that we were a 2 seed and NY was a wild card. The Giants handled the sub zero cold better than we did. And Coughlin outcoached MM. And near the end of regulation they fumble a punt near midfield but our ST player had butter on his gloves.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It WAS his last game as a Packer. He came back and played there 2 more times as a Viking. With that said the INT cost us a trip to the SB but I am not so sure we win that game anyway. The Giants dominated and had the game won in regulation if not for some blips. What disappointed me more is that we were a 2 seed and NY was a wild card. The Giants handled the sub zero cold better than we did. And Coughlin outcoached MM. And near the end of regulation they fumble a punt near midfield but our ST player had butter on his gloves.
Yeah for the same reason the Packers won in 2011, the Giants won in 2007. I wild card team playing great football at a great time. I also doubt GB would have beaten the Pats that year had they reached the SB. Another example of the myth of playing in the cold in Landau in January handicapping an opponent.

I didn't realize that was Favre's last game but yeah, knew it was close.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I don't think it's a problem with getting open, Twitter has examples of Rodgers just not finding his open receivers and making poor choices.
While I would agree to the fact that Rodgers isn't having a good year, sometimes those "open receivers" are receivers that didn't run the correct route or as Lazard did on that play, quit his route.

I definitely think that Rodgers thumb has effected his play, but I also think that mentally he is pressing. It is no secret that he doesn't have a lot of receiving weapons and thus, I think he feels the pressure to do more. So instead of taking the easy first down, he goes for the homerun ball. Instead of sticking with a called run, he thinks he sees an opportunity to hit a big pass. This pressure has snowballed as the Packers started losing games, losing players to injuries and playing games from behind.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I would agree to the fact that Rodgers isn't having a good year, sometimes those "open receivers" are receivers that didn't run the correct route or as Lazard did on that play, quit his route.

I definitely think that Rodgers thumb has effected his play, but I also think that mentally he is pressing. It is no secret that he doesn't have a lot of receiving weapons and thus, I think he feels the pressure to do more. So instead of taking the easy first down, he goes for the homerun ball. Instead of sticking with a called run, he thinks he sees an opportunity to hit a big pass. This pressure has snowballed as the Packers started losing games, losing players to injuries and playing games from behind.
You're probably right Poker. Very unusual for Rodgers to press like this, but it comes from a career where he's mostly carried the team, so I get it.

Others have noted Rodgers missing open receivers. Keep in mind that a QB usually needs to throw a ball well in front of wherever a receiver is running. On a broken play, or one that develops slowly, Rodgers isn't necessarily looking for those guys, and if the play is broken, he has no idea where they may go. (There should be protocols for broken plays, where the receiver comes back towards the QB.)

Anyway it's "easy" to see apparently wide open guys from long range cameras. On the field it's harder for the QB to see this, and it only gets harder if one or two LBs or DEs are trying to kill you.

I do think Rodgers can improve on finding guys. It's just not as easy. as it looks.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
You're probably right Poker. Very unusual for Rodgers to press like this, but it comes from a career where he's mostly carried the team, so I get it.

Others have noted Rodgers missing open receivers. Keep in mind that a QB usually needs to throw a ball well in front of wherever a receiver is running. On a broken play, or one that develops slowly, Rodgers isn't necessarily looking for those guys, and if the play is broken, he has no idea where they may go. (There should be protocols for broken plays, where the receiver comes back towards the QB.)

Anyway it's "easy" to see apparently wide open guys from long range cameras. On the field it's harder for the QB to see this, and it only gets harder if one or two LBs or DEs are trying to kill you.

I do think Rodgers can improve on finding guys. It's just not as easy. as it looks.
Agree and the players do have protocols for busted plays, it is something that Rodgers thrived on with receivers like Adams and Cobb. Which is part of that "chemistry with his receivers", that is so often referred to when discussing Rodgers. I don't think he has that chemistry with the current group (not named Cobb).

Agree with you on "film study" and the armchair QB's thinking how easy it is. That birds eye, frame by frame view is NOT how Rodgers sees the field. He is seeing the field from his viewpoint, behind large offensive and defensive players, while turning his head, moving his feet and in real time speed.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree and the players do have protocols for busted plays, it is something that Rodgers thrived on with receivers like Adams and Cobb. Which is part of that "chemistry with his receivers", that is so often referred to when discussing Rodgers. I don't think he has that chemistry with the current group (not named Cobb).

Agree with you on "film study" and the armchair QB's thinking how easy it is. That birds eye, frame by frame view is NOT how Rodgers sees the field. He is seeing the field from his viewpoint, behind large offensive and defensive players, while turning his head, moving his feet and in real time speed.
Good point that busted plays can work well with guys who have played together a long time. I'm not even sure there's a plan for it - it usually involves a receiver breaking off an out route, turning around quickly and moving a few yards closer to the QB. The CB is usually right behind for the tackle but can't break up a well thrown pass.

Unfortunately Adams is gone and Cobb, as much as I like the guy, is injury prone and not getting younger. I'm still hopeful this can get righted for the 2023 season.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Snowball is the perfect description. And now it turned into an avalanche.

D

Deleted member 6794

So instead of taking the easy first down, he goes for the homerun ball. Instead of sticking with a called run, he thinks he sees an opportunity to hit a big pass.

In my opinion that hasn't been an issue as of late at all.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: D-line. Best effort of the season. On offense, Big Dog, Watson and Doubs. With the exception of the fake punt, ST was very solid.

Duds: Safeties, injuries to key playmakers, Red zone offense.

Members online

Latest posts