Studs n duds Bills

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: A. Jones, AJ Dillon, Tonyan, AR, Doubs, Toure, Alexander, DL, MLF for FINALLY running the ball!
Duds: Safeties, 1st Half ILB's, those attempting to block Oliver (Tom, Meyers, Runyan)

Definitely out-gunned but GB at least showed some fight. Allen is tough to defend as he used his legs to negate solid D numerous times. Diggs/Davis/McKenzie hurt us at times but none of them completely smoked our DB's ~ that is the best WR group in the league, IMHO, & our CB's played decently.
Agree on all but do you think the Bills have the best WR group in the league?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because MLF, even though he KNEW he should, never firmly committed to the run as he did last night. From the 1st series of the Minnesota opener the run/pass ratio should've been 67%/33% throughout the game. MLF knew the offense would go through the run-game and until last night didn't commit to it. Don't care if the opposing D knows the run is coming, stopping it is another matter. IF the OL knows they're expected to bully the DL's regularly they'd enter the game with a more "angry" mindset, IMHO.

Running 40x per game I think we'd see AR much more efficient & productive with his 20 passes/game, also.
I think it is tough to know how much you should run from game to game. It seems like the 1st halves this season, we have not opened any holes. Maybe with this newer version of the O line we can but also Buffalo was not wanting us to get back into the game through the air.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was encouraged by our running, it kept us in the game and from falling further behind, but it is not enough against a team like that when you get in such a huge hole. How much was them just not focusing on the run. SOunds like they were in a 2 high shell defense most of the night to defend the pass, so running against light boxes?

Reaction score
I didn't think we had chance to win this game, but I got my wish and that was we didn't get shut out.
I notice some things that we can build on for the second half of the season.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was encouraged by our running, it kept us in the game and from falling further behind, but it is not enough against a team like that when you get in such a huge hole. How much was them just not focusing on the run. SOunds like they were in a 2 high shell defense most of the night to defend the pass, so running against light boxes?
You're right but I think you have to be pragmatic with the approach right?

AR is smart enough to read lighter boxes and when to run/pass. And, whether the Bills were willing to give up yards on the ground instead of the air, it doesn't matter as it still worked and moved the chains and kept us in the game

To be honest, this kind of approach is something I stated they should do in the summer- which would potentially lead to two 1000 yard running backs

Reaction score
One of the biggest duds was the flag nullifying Tonyan’s TD. That extra 4 points would have been huge down the stretch.
Pay attention to frame 3-4. No Defender can impede the route of a Receiver past 5 yards. The initial contact is allowed inside 5 yards. He’s well past that and the Buffalo defender grabs him and latches on and actually holds by his shoulder pad (see screen 4).
This should’ve been Defensive Pass interference and a spot foul.
Thus a TD.

Further it’s a Reviewable play as the initial call was a TD.

Attachments

• AC835A9E-D3C4-4AC4-94B2-CAEE0CDF8C3D.png
    AC835A9E-D3C4-4AC4-94B2-CAEE0CDF8C3D.png
    429.4 KB · Views: 78
  • C9F7DCAE-C7F7-49E6-93C0-623E7CD631F7.png
    C9F7DCAE-C7F7-49E6-93C0-623E7CD631F7.png
    404.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 28D0D20B-3309-45C2-A6BE-DEB08E2F7D77.png
    28D0D20B-3309-45C2-A6BE-DEB08E2F7D77.png
    402.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 096DED7E-38DC-426F-9A07-E3136C6FC9DA.png
    096DED7E-38DC-426F-9A07-E3136C6FC9DA.png
    384.9 KB · Views: 65
  • AFF5BBF1-9DF1-4626-A651-FC5B31889D52.png
    AFF5BBF1-9DF1-4626-A651-FC5B31889D52.png
    378 KB · Views: 70
  • F4C18C8E-DF1E-4F7B-B5A7-01FCD796D7EB.png
    F4C18C8E-DF1E-4F7B-B5A7-01FCD796D7EB.png
    539 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Reaction score
Frames 1 and 2 are legal.

Frame 3 shows clear intent to physically impeded the route.

Frame 4 shows definitive Holding onto his shoulder pad in an attempt not to give up points.

Frame 5 shows our TE trying to throw the D interference as he’s clearly being mugged all the way down the field.

Very Poor officiating

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Frame 4 shows definitive Holding onto his shoulder pad in an attempt not to give up points.

Frame 5 shows our TE trying to throw the D interference as he’s clearly being mugged all the way down the field.

Very Poor officiating
Good shots, I don't know why they didn't challenge it or allowed to

To be fair, in real time, it goes both ways....so hard to tell for sure

But agree, if the original call was a TD, you gotta let that stand and then challenge/review AGAINST it, which would prove that the call should stand as a TD

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Very Poor officiating
The officiating seems sub par to me this year. Along with the announcers. It's all in the spirit of dumbing down everything.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Rodgers, Jones Doubbs

Duds - BOTH 1st round draft picks

Refs - For missing an obvious horse collar tackle after Dillon almost got his ankle broken

Whole damn team - For being weak again when when of our guys got taken out or cheap shoted. Milano should've left the stadium on crutches!
As much as they preach poise you have to respond. Recall in SB I when Chief Buck Buchanan shoved I believe Jimmy Taylor after a play. Starr ran the next play right at him and they hit him with several blockers from different sides.

Last edited:

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs the whole team. They showed up. They fought. They got angry. They competed. And even though we lost, we run this F...rs over.

I know we have some players underachieving and not playing to there potential, however it was over all a great effort and this will bring this team closer togheder.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of positive on here...go figure.

Studs: Jones, Dillon, A Rodgers, Run blocking

Duds: Quay Walker - Seems confused as to inside contain, the penalty that ousted him hurt.

Campbell - I have no clue who this player has become in comparison to last year. Ugh. It seems that filling reads inside is not the D call ever.

Barry - If he cannot game plan and call anything but zone there is little use for him

Special Teams - Kick and punt coverage flat out stinks

All in all, lets face it - The Bills took their foot off the gas. It could have been much worse. I am at a loss with the run defense though. No improvement or very little. 3-5 and the Lions are licking their chops with this upcoming match up due to our DC not having a clue what to call to limit the ground attack. I thought the youth at WR showed or flashed a bit yesterday. If the WR/TE improves the offense could take some steps forward.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think his agent rigged the Pro Bowl voting last year.
Very good. Love sarcasm.

Are you telling me it's beyond realm of possibility for athletes to use performance enhancing drugs?, especially when a lot of money is on the line?

Go ahead and share your thoughts how a guy who was looked up to and praised by coaching stuff and players alike regressed so much in what 6-8 months?

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very good. Love sarcasm.

Are you telling me it's beyond realm of possibility for athletes to use performance enhancing drugs?, especially when a lot of money is on the line?

Go ahead and share your thoughts how a guy who was looked up to and praised by coaching stuff and players alike regressed so much in what 6-8 months?
PEDs are possible, but don't they test/screen?

FTR, I loved him but I am 99% sure CM3 was on PEDs and look how far he dropped off

D

Deleted member 6794

Studs - both RB's, LaFleur/Rodgers (excellent run/pass mix), O-line/TE's run blocking was superb

The left side of the offensive line was excellent blocking for the run but the right one not as much.
Because MLF, even though he KNEW he should, never firmly committed to the run as he did last night. From the 1st series of the Minnesota opener the run/pass ratio should've been 67%/33% throughout the game. MLF knew the offense would go through the run-game and until last night didn't commit to it. Don't care if the opposing D knows the run is coming, stopping it is another matter. IF the OL knows they're expected to bully the DL's regularly they'd enter the game with a more "angry" mindset, IMHO.

The Packers struggled to successfully run the ball in several games this season. It wouldn't have made any difference to run it just for the sake of doing it.

AR is smart enough to read lighter boxes and when to run/pass.

True, yet a lot of fans believe he doesn't understand when it's smart to run the ball.
Good shots, I don't know why they didn't challenge it or allowed to

It's not possible to challenge a pass inteference call.

Devondre was either juicing last year to lock in a contract extention or he has a drug addiction issue, Crack maybe?.

It's true that Campbell doesn't perform at the same level as last season. But it's completely out of line to accuse him of being a drug addict because of it.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
As much as they preach poise you have to respond. Recall in SB I when Chief Buck Buchanan shoved I believe Jimmy Taylor after a play. Starr ran the next play right at him and they hit him with several blockers from different sides.
Field justice. It must be established and enforced.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Devondre was either juicing last year to lock in a contract extention or he has a drug addiction issue, Crack maybe?.

You don't go from amazing to this for no reason from 1 year to the next. Something is up.
Seriously? Accusations like this need to have solid backup. Let's see yours or I'm deleting this post tomorrow.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The left side of the offensive line was excellent blocking for the run but the right one not as much.

The Packers struggled to successfully run the ball in several games this season. It wouldn't have made any difference to run it just for the sake of doing it.

True, yet a lot of fans believe he doesn't understand when it's smart to run the ball.

It's not possible to challenge a pass inteference call.

It's true that Campbell doesn't perform at the same level as last season. But it's completely out of line to accuse him of being a drug addict because of it.
What were the breakdowns of running plays left, center and right?

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? Accusations like this need to have solid backup. Let's see yours or I'm deleting this post tomorrow.
It's not an accusation it's a speculation.
Don't act as if you haven't heard of athletes using performance enhancing drugs in professional sports before, especially where a lot of money is on the line as it was for Devondre getting his new big contract extention based on last year's performance.

You explain to me how a player can regress this far from 1 years to the next without some serious reason behind it.

D

Deleted member 6794

What were the breakdowns of running plays left, center and right?

According to PFF the Packers ran the ball 10 times to left side for a gain of 98 yards (9.8 average), five times over the middle for 13 yards (2.6) and another 14 times to the right side for 78 yards (5.6). On top of it they had a QB scramble for 11 yards.

Don't act as if you haven't heard of athletes using performance enhancing drugs in professional sports before, especially where a lot of money is on the line as it was for Devondre getting his new big contract extention based on last year's performance.

It's true that there are a lot of athletes using PEDs. It's a far different thing to accuse Campbell of being a drug addict without having any evidence for it though.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to PFF the Packers ran the ball 10 times to left side for a gain of 98 yards (9.8 average), five times over the middle for 13 yards (2.6) and another 14 times to the right side for 78 yards (5.6). On top of it they had a QB scramble for 11 yards.

It's true that there are a lot of athletes using PEDs. It's a far different thing to accuse Campbell of being a drug addict without having any evidence for it though.
I'm going based on life experience with some close friends dealing with drug addiction. All I'm trying to do is figure out what is the reason for such a huge swing in performance consistency. I have no idea what the man does or doesn't do.
But as many of you I'm frustrated at this D# performance and I'm looking in all directions to see WTF might be going on.
Clearly he is not the only one underperforming.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So then they all must have been using PEDs last year and/or are on drugs this year. Got it.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You explain to me how a player can regress this far from 1 years to the next without some serious reason behind it.
Accusing or even suggesting a guy is using something like crack is serious. I know this is an opinion forum and I'm all for free speech. But I'd like to see more support of your "speculation." It seems very careless.

Members online

Latest posts