1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Studs and Duds Vs the Chiefs

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Lunchboxer, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    Studs Arron Rodgers he brought us back almost. I guess that counts for something right? And that was about it.

Duds Nelson 4 Flags today?!! Pass Interference and that illgeal touching, Finley so many droped balls that Id be rich for every time he droped it.

The Entire O-line it was like nothing was even there Rodgers took to many sacks and hits.

The Entire D i gotta give them .5 of a credit to keep it almost close but no INTs to save the day D sucked bad.

Mason Crosby Missing 2 chances at a FG ( It was a long one but 2 tries to get it right and both failed. Major Dud.

I would make Finley,Nelson,Driver ( That was a catchable ball ) Mason Crosby Entire D and Entire O-line take the long walk home.

*Edit* I made a Typo on Dubs can someone edit that to Duds?

*TL:dL* Studs No one execpt Rodgers

Duds Everyone else.

2. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    Finley
    Finley
    And then, Finley.

3. greenandgold

Ratings:
    +473
    Even when Crosby got two chances at a field goal, he missed both of them wide right.

4. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
    Studs: No one

Duds: Almost everyone. Special mention goes to Finley, Nelson, the entire OL and the Defensive front 7.

5. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +186
    this was like the perfect storm of a loss where everyone played bad, it reminds me of the Oklahoma State game this year vs Iowa State. both games are very similar

• Like Like x 1
  6. FearThePack

FearThePack 13x World Champs!

Ratings:
    +44
    Finely and Newhouse. Tired of all the drops by Finley. Just a lack of concentration and as for Newhouse he is just plain bad. I know he was going up against one of the better pass rushers but he looked like he didn't even belong on the field.

7. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Rodgers was just avearge today.

Grant(played well when MM didn't run him into a 7 man front), Masthay, that's about it

8. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    Talk about typos, who's Arron? I know Aaron, but Arron?

This whole game was a big dud. Aaron showed he can lead a 1 minute offense yet again, but that does us no good when we can't get the ball back due to our D being incompetent. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to cover gaps when everyone in the stadium knows they're going to run?

9. BoilerUp

BoilerUp Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    This entire loss for me goes on the Oline and Dline. Orton seriously had ALL day to throw it every freakin' time. Our Dline made him look like Aaron. Yes the recievers dropped some today but Aaron hasn't been able to be as sharp because of the Oline. Sitting on my nice comfy couch I'm afrad that Aaron is going to get crushed every play, I can only imagine how he feels which is making him rush through his progressions and throws.

Also people need to lay off Jordy about his penalties. Are you serously going to blame him for those horrible PI calls? What did he sneeze on them or something? His illiegal touching was a product of a bad onside from Mason and he was trying to make a play. I'm also not surprised he wasn't as productive as this is his first game of getting 1st WR attention from the defense.

10. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +1,232
    I thought McCarthy called it poorly. Was anyone on the planet surprised when they did the usual hand-off to Kuhn on 4th and short? On the first couple of plays after Sherrod went out- and with a new O-line in place, Rodgers goes into 7 step drops looking deep, even though we only needed a few yards. Why not work the short slants or quick outs?

I didn't see a single back-shoulder throw.

I didn't see a single slant.

I only saw two screens all day- both went for 10+ yards. Why not more?

A very un-inspiring play call all game long. My dud award goes to the Coach.

Finley in 2nd place.

The D-Line in 3rd. Especially Neal.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    Okay, as far as Nelson goes, the first PI was ticky tack at best. 9 out of 10 it wouldn't have even been called. The second PI was completely bogus. It was an unquestionably bad call. The illegal touching couldn't be helped, he did what he had to do to try to get to the ball and he didn't have room to stay in bounds. Nobody else would have either. So it was either take a chance on getting called for and illegal touch or just give up on it.

Finley was terrible.

I could not understand why McCarthy would try a 54 and 59 yard field goal in that kind of crosswind. I knew they were doomed kicks before they ever happened. Gusty crosswinds are impossible to anticipate within the margin of error you have at that distance.

12. Marem19

Marem19 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    Who would have thought the rookie was the most sure handed

13. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    That 4th and 8... oy

14. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +143
    I have to agree with PFanCan, I didn't agree with a
    lot of the play-calling today.

And was anyone else scratching their head at the onside kick call? I mean by the looks of it our Defense wouldn't have been able to even stop them had we kicked it off, but I thought with 3 timeouts and the 2 min. warning it was a very questionable call.
    Oh yea, and duds: finley, d-line, o-line

15. FearThePack

FearThePack 13x World Champs!

Ratings:
    +44
    Nah, I was fine with that. I didn't have confidence that our D could get a stop with the way the Chiefs had been moving the ball all day. If we execute it better, Rodgers gets the ball back with almost 2 minutes left.

16. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I always fear putting the game in the hands of our special teams.

17. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    I saw two of them early on. But the officials decided they were going to call automatic offensive pass interference on those.

18. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    Duds: MM, Finley, Nelson, OL, and the entire Defense.

Studs: Rodgers, and...Cobb had a decent game...

19. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +368
    STUDS: - Chiefs

DUDS: - Packers

20. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214
    How about going for the first down on 4th and 8? WTF? Gotta punt it in that situation, give them a longer field to work with. Also, had Mason Crosby made 2 field goals, we would have had 20 points and won.

21. 13 Times Champs

Ratings:
    +1,379
    two attempts at one doesn't equal 6 points.

• Like Like x 3
  22. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    Studs: None

Duds:

[Not Finley, he led in receiving--gets him off the list despite drops]

Crosby--he's regressing towards the mean

McCarthy--Refusing to challenge, despite players telling him to challenge (Matthews of all people, smart defensive player, refuses to listen)

Nelson--He couldn't step up when it counted, three penalties. We would have had an extra 40 to 60 seconds if it wasn't for his illegal motion penalty. Possibly kick it away then.

23. PackwillBEback

PackwillBEback Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    yeah terrible, only led in receiving.

24. greenandgold

Ratings:
    +473

And did I mention Finley?

25. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    I also want to add Masthay to the list of studs. He had a spectacular game and kept us in it at parts, as funny as that is to say.

• Like Like x 1