studs and Duds: Vikings part two

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not putting this one on Hundley. He's no Arod obviously but our receivers had a serious case of butter fingers all night. At least 7 times he hit guys right in the hands and they dropped it. He would have hit Clark and I think Davis right in the hands for tds but they never even put their hands out for the catch.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least the long balls Hundley threw were too long and not short. I think he can fix that.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The more I watch Keenum, the more convinced I am that they aren't going anywhere. I think the clock hits midnight sooner than Vikings fans realize.

As for Zimmer, dude always seems moody.

Keenum is trash but you can get away with that when your defense is elite. They get takeaways and good field position for their offense.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers have way more problems than just Rodgers being hurt. You could see it when he was healthy carrying them..but now you can really see it now that he’s not playing

They have a lot of holes on defense and offense...and within the franchise. We really are as bad as that game last night. We better pray Rodgers never gets hurt again and has to miss games.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Last night it looked like many of the Packers, including the coaches were just going through the motions of ending a forgettable season. I expect the same, if not worse next week in Detroit. May some of the younger guys shine and those who don't, show up on game film when the season is looked back on and evaluated.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last night it looked like many of the Packers, including the coaches were just going through the motions of ending a forgettable season. I expect the same, if not worse next week in Detroit. May some of the younger guys shine and those who don't, show up on game film when the season is looked back on and evaluated.

Yea they’ve mentally checked out. I guarantee you many of the guys are just ready to get to the off season already. This was a very very disappointing year, not because we are not in the playoffs..but more on the fact that many of us knew the moment Rodgers got hurt the season was lost and we were right.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yea they’ve mentally checked out. I guarantee you many of the guys are just ready to get to the off season already. This was a very very disappointing year, not because we are not in the playoffs..but more on the fact that many of us knew the moment Rodgers got hurt the season was lost and we were right.

Agreed. I said this mid season when Hundley and the Packers instantly looked like a hot mess without #12. The silver lining of this lost season HAS to be......the smoke and mirrors of a great franchise have finally been revealed. If the powers to be do not see this and don't makes some much needed changes, then the whole franchise has been sucking on the same bottle of kool aid and short of going 4-12 next year with a healthy Rodgers, I don't foresee anything but "business as usual amongst the good old boys club".

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least the long balls Hundley threw were too long and not short. I think he can fix that.
It seems if he throws to the sideline he's better. That first back shoulder to Clark was great, he just dropped it. Leading guys down the field he was long a lot. That one to Davis though, he didn't even make an attempt and I didn't think it was that off. Would have been a good catch, but ines we see in the league every week.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It seems if he throws to the sideline he's better. That first back shoulder to Clark was great, he just dropped it. Leading guys down the field he was long a lot. That one to Davis though, he didn't even make an attempt and I didn't think it was that off. Would have been a good catch, but ines we see in the league every week.

Davis look totally uninspired last night, along with Jordy, Kendricks and a few other players. I had liked what David did on punt returns most of the year, but last night he was fair catching the ball when you shouldn't have been, lackluster playing WR and dejected when walking of the field.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His decision making with punts has been suspect all year. That one was a line drive with nobody within 10 yards at least, you catch that on the run up and are thru the first line before they know what happened. He fair catches it.

Reaction score
His decision making with punts has been suspect all year. That one was a line drive with nobody within 10 yards at least, you catch that on the run up and are thru the first line before they know what happened. He fair catches it.
Added he also also fair catches a punt that would’ve landed just inside the 5. With no defender inside an 8+ yard radius pinning the Offense at the 5.

Last edited:

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I said this mid season when Hundley and the Packers instantly looked like a hot mess without #12. The silver lining of this lost season HAS to be......the smoke and mirrors of a great franchise have finally been revealed. If the powers to be do not see this and don't makes some much needed changes, then the whole franchise has been sucking on the same bottle of kool aid and short of going 4-12 next year with a healthy Rodgers, I don't foresee anything but "business as usual amongst the good old boys club".

What's most disappointing to me, is my impression that Murphy is content with the status quo. The more I listen to him I don't see him even close to Bob Harlan and that bothers me. I can't see him putting any pressure on TT or MM to make some changes.

So I agree, "business as usual among the good old boys club". :mad:

Darrin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what happens when you don't have a real owner. No accountablity. A rudderless organization.
No. An owner would move the team. How would you like a Jerry Jones as on owner? Bad idea.

Edit: 14 world championships as a community owned team.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a very very disappointing year, not because we are not in the playoffs..but more on the fact that many of us knew the moment Rodgers got hurt the season was lost and we were right.
Not just disappointing, this season has been downright depressing. Which is a shame, because they had a decent start at 4-1. Despite their limitations, they looked like they were going to challenge for a bye at least, until Rodgers got hurt.

D

Deleted member 6794

To only win just one more SB since '85 doesn't exactly give us total bragging rights over the Bears.

The Packers having won 38 of the last 52 regular season games against the Bears since 1992 most likely results in it though. In addition Green Bay won the only playoff meeting with a Super Bowl berth on the line during that period as well. Playoff appearances (GB 19 - CHI 5) is just the icing on the cake.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know it's been a lousy season when we are trying to comfort ourselves with being better than the Bears :)

Latest posts