Studs and Duds, Packers @ Vikings 10-23-11

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Aaron Rodgers : 24-30, 300+ yards and 3 TDs with 0 INTs.

Greg Jennings: Another 100+ yard game with a TD and some great catches

Charles Woodson: 2 INTs, quite a few break-ups, even a pressure or two I believe

Clay Matthews: 7 Tackles I think? 1 awesome sack, a deflected pass, quite a few knock down and pressures. Roughing the passer? My left nut! That was a clean play! Keep doing what ya do, Clay!

Mason Crosby: Stay automatic my friend! His 4 field goals really made the difference.

Duds:

Randall Cobb: Another key dropped pass. Yes, he had a great return so maybe he should be in between stud and dud? You make the call.

Packers Defense: Besides Woodson and Clay, we really gave up quite a few passes that really hurt us. AP ran all over us. The Bears held him to well under 100 yards, we should have done better.

Anyone else? Please comment and leave your own nominees!

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings Studs: 4th quarter secondary <--- how did we NOT get open!

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, Starks did great! 75 yards rushing, and a few BIG ones when we really needed them! Just sad we didn't score in the 4th. Happy has hell that we won!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, I would put Starks into the Studs Category. Those two 1st down runs at the end of the game were fantastic.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would put Walden in the Dud category but even he knows he shouldn't be playing as much as he does. This needs to be addressed as he is a liability in both run and pass defense. His only value is as a pass rusher.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would put Walden in the Dud category but even he knows he shouldn't be playing as much as he does. This needs to be addressed as he is a liability in both run and pass defense. His only value is as a pass rusher.

So'oto back after the bye. Things could get interesting.

EDIT: Guess he's not hurt. I wanna put the kid in though.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I don't want to knock the D too much for letting AP run so much, but i can see the argument as a dud. Cobb is a Dud, that fair catch fail and the dropped pass marks him as DUD.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't want to knock the D too much for letting AP run so much, but i can see the argument as a dud. Cobb is a Dud, that fair catch fail and the dropped pass marks him as DUD.

He's making a trip to best buy for the receivers and Rodgers for breaking his streak.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Duds - except for Woodson the secondary allowed a lot of free space early in the game.

Stud - Starks in the fourth quarter when it counted.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
He's making a trip to best buy for the receivers and Rodgers for breaking his streak.
I was thinking that when it happened, make the rookie pay.:mad: It was just too easy to get angry at him.

Oh and teh Packer that downed the ball inside the 5 deserves the title of stud.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Rodgers, Jennings, Crosby

Mixed bag: pretty much everyone

Dud: Cobb.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DUD: MM and his play calling.he came out in the 3rd quarter only,then he shut it down and allowed the Vikings to get back in the game......way too much run......first and goal on the 5 and only 3 pts?

I've been tempted to rag on MM's play calling many times, but the fact is it has gotten us to 7-0. After just getting us a Super Bowl... When it loses us a game, then we can yell at him.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DUD: MM and his play calling.he came out in the 3rd quarter only,then he shut it down and allowed the Vikings to get back in the game......way too much run......first and goal on the 5 and only 3 pts?

And... He also came out and took some shots, which went incomplete, and gave the Vikings the ball back quickly. If the Packers had executed on rushing plays in the 3rd and 4th quarter like they did in the last 3 minutes, the game never would have gotten so close at the end.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
studs:
a-rod
jennings
starks
c-dub
clay

duds:
cobb
secodary-besides charles

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The pass D in total was a dud, I would even put woodson in the mixed bag, he gave up a lot of big completions late that would have sealed the game. Seemed to me he was getting greedy and looking for that 3rd pick. The 2 picks were the key to the victory though.