Studs and Duds: Packers v Bears NFC Championship

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

BJ Raji - made the play of the game. Proves hes a first rounder. nice job.

Sam Sheilds - first time on my studs list and he came up big. Nice to have some new blood in this catagory.

Clay Matthews - had some big plays and covered pretty well when called upon.

Greg Jennings - without him we r at home. He got open and was a playmaker.

Scott Wells - did a great job on pass blocking assignments. Very good execution on most of the drives.

Duds:

Referees - phantom calls on both sides of the ball. Mccauley should not be officating this game. NFL you got it wrong. Thought they reffed it like a preseason game.

Charles Woodson - only a mini dud but gave up a TD in a critical situation.

Donald Driver - dont know whats going on but should play better than that.

Aaron Rodgers - stop letting the D win games for you. lay down in the red zone with a 14 pt lead so it goes to 17. Don't Favre it. Only a mini dud due to 2nd half gooseegg. Play like that against Pitt and we are cooked.

Andrew Quarless - if you cant rely on him to catch a ball right in his hands switch to Crabtree. Butter hands needs to start catching passes thrown right to him.

McCarthy - only a mini dud due to 2nd half playcalling that was pathetic. step on their throats when they are down.

Overall , this game should have been a blowout. Dont get what the Offensive problem is with putting the inept bears to bed. Next up is the real test. Offense doesnt show up and it will be be a huge problem. Dont mean to be negative about the win but damn the packers are capable of alot more. On cloud 9 going to the super bowl, now win it and prove all the nay sayers wrong on how this team is. Getting there isnt good enough. WIN IT!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Masthay should be one of the top studs.

Consistently dropped punts inside the 5 and kicked some boomers at other times. Held Hester completely in check.

I don't know how long Timmy's signed for, but he deserves an extension.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will give the o line stud rating today. They did a good job with a fired up and ferocious defense. Those guys are no joke to block when all the them are bringing it every single play.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers always struggle against the Bears, was a windy game, in a terrible field, and it was cold as hell.

None of these factors will be in play against the Steelers. Rodgers WILL play much better, even if the Steelers' D is great.

AaronGodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs:
packers

duds:
bears

MVP: shields
Best Play: Raji
Honorable Mention: Tim Masthay, Starks, Jennings, Bjax, Rodgers
C'Mon Man!: Andrew Quarless

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Wanted to add Nick Collins in as DUD. Please don't blame that touchdown on Woodson, he tried, and Collins blew it again, like in the 49er's game.

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as others have said... Masthay was a stud. Woodson wasn't a dud... that play was all Collins' fault. Not the best coverage by CW but NC had the easy tackle and way misplayed it.

As for MM/AR... neither should be duds. They brought us up to that quick 2 score lead. And despite the score, this game wasn't really close. Caleb Hanie took advantage when we went to a prevent defense and tried to make him read coverages. We shoulda stuck to our base defense as I think that's got a much better chance of confusing a rookie like Caleb (rushing from random spots each play) than a 3 man rush zone coverage. still worked in the end though.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs...i need to give jody and starks props ...taking care of the ball!

Duds...quarless...you gotta step up J-FIN we need you in the REDZONE big time...

next year we are ultra scary!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
studs and duds for the Bears?

Stud:Urlacher and forte.

duds: coaching staff, hester, cutler.

I would almost be tempted to put the Bears O line in the stud department as they didnt fall apart like I expected them to.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3rd party perspective.

Dud: Cutler. Man, he stank!
Stud: Not disrespecting the Packers, but I've got to give it up for that 3rd string QB for the Bears. That kid had miles of heart to go into that situation and put in the showing he did. My hat's off to him.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to bring this back up

Considering you want him gone now lol

I dont believe I said I want him gone. I said I believe they should let him test FA like they did with James Jones, but maybe not as long. Completely different. Its more about the $ to me as I try and look ahead to the next several contracts and not just the one in front of us.

D

Dan115

If the Packers let him test FA there will be teams that will pay more than Green Bay.

Members online

Latest posts