1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Stop

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packman31, Nov 26, 2005.

1. packman31

packman31 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Stop compairing Big Ben to Brett Favre, they are 12 years apart in age for one and they are on two different teams. Pitts a smash mouth run team and greenbay does not have either of their top 2 running backs. If you want to compair brett to ben you have to say to yourself if Brett was calling signals for pitt right now would they have the same record they have now or would they have a better one ? Or if Ben was on the packers right now would they have a better record than they have now ? At any rate if you have a 23 year old Ben or a 23 year old Brett I would take Brett any day over Ben.

2. GakkofNorway

GakkofNorway Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    shouldn't this be inside the topic? :p

3. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Haven't been around for a little while...maybe I missed this. Who's comparing Big Ben to Favre anyway? Two very different styles of QB IMO.

4. packman31

packman31 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes that should be the topic...

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    There will always be those that compare one QB to the other. But the fact is, the teams are different, the time is different. Favre has shown that he can take lesser WR's and make them great. Big Ben hasn't had to do that yet. I do think Ben is good, but he had the luxury of having a very strong cast surrounding him. I know alot of people compare Marino to Favre.......but Brett has a Super Bowl ring, and Marino never was able to get his team to the big game after his first year. But maybe he would have had he had the right team mates and coaches. It all comes down to alot of "what if's!" (Just my humble opinion)

6. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I hate to say this but Marino could have won the SB with the supporting cast that Favre had in SB XXXI. That defense was spectacular and would have helped Dan get his ring, just my opinion. You make a valid point though, cheesey.

7. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Your right there ND! I wouldn't argue with that! Brett had an AWESOME cast around him in SB 31! Thats just it ......alot of "what if's". Would Montana have been as good without Rice? Who knows! I always wonder about those things, but theres never a certain answer. I always wonder what would have happened if the Packers would have taken Barry Sanders instead of Manderich. Sanders was another player that never had the supporting cast he needed to get to the big game. Wouldn't it have been something to have him AND Brett in the backfield?

8. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Trust me, I've thought about that very same thing many times...that's why I hope if the Packers have the opportunity to get Reggie Bush, they take him. Bush will extend Favre's career just like Terrell Davis did with what's his name...oh, yeah...John Elway!!!