Stop Overeacting

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
You guys are all crazy. Everyone thinks we're doomed. We have a topic about who the Packers are going to pick with the first overall pick next year. Its one loss and ITS THE PRESEASON. News flash: IT DOESN"T COUNT. Brett Favre didn't play that badly. His interception was a tip and his fumble was just a stupid mistake on top of that recievers were dropping passes left and right. Did you guys see the drive where Favre threw the TD? He looked pretty good then.

And everyone is saying that mostly the whole team played bad. Yes Woodson and Manuel played like crap and no our O-line wasn't great but... our D wasn't bad. Al Harris shut down Chad Johnson and we held Rudi Johnson to under 3 yards a rush.

And plus if we played the Bengals in the regular season would you expect us to win? No. Look at our schedule. Do you expect the Vikings, Lions or Bears to have anything close to the amount of offensive firepower as the Bengals? No. And on top of the fact that we play in the easiest divison we have some not so tough out of divison games to that we could win: New Orlenes, Philly, St Louis, Arizona, BUFFALO, NEW YORK (Jets), SAN FRANSICO. We only play 3 or 4 teams of the Bengals caliber this year so its not like this is how every game could be.

Bottom line: stop overeacting its one PRESEASON game, and where still a young team, the more weeks that pass the better we'll get

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[/quote] its the preseason quit with the 3-13 and or worse in 2004 Carolina goes 4-0 in preseason but in the season fel 7-9 (which isn't bad) but my point is if you go 1-3, 2-2, 0-4 whatever doesn't equal to your season standing, a lot of things can happen. Maybe everyone was having an off nightn maybe in the first game they'll lose 40-0 maybe they'll WIN 40-0, nobody knows. And if they go 0-16 five years ain a row how many Packer fans will stop supporting them, if you would stop supporting them you cant be a REAL fan[/quote]

to quote myself on that one

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think we go 7-9. I said 3-13 in another thread to put something out there. How much faith would Thompson have in McCarthy if this team did worse than they did a year ago and right now on paper the schedule isn't to bad.

I think a lot of people who are overreacting are the people who were here 2 weeks ago saying the team is doomed. They then were gone for a week and now are back to say I told you so.

There is no way you can make an assessment on this team until after Week 1. Now if GB loses to Chicago but it's a close hard fought game that's a different story. That shows we came in there and were at least ready. I think it'll be an inconsistent year but if this team goes 7-9 like I think they can, it will be something to build off of for next season.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
You guys? Excuse me?

Why do some of you keep grouping "everyone" in your statements? Why? For the love of god, some of us are RATIONAL!!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i say we are going to go 8-8. from the looks of it we do good at home but we do horrible on the road.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
You guys? Excuse me?

Why do some of you keep grouping "everyone" in your statements? Why? For the love of god, some of us are RATIONAL!!

I agree. I won't mention any names but they're are a few who think it's Sherman Haters vs. Thompson Haters

It's at the point where it's ridiculous. Sometimes I forget we all root for the same team.

OP
OP
T

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Zero2Cool said:
You guys? Excuse me?

I agree. I won't mention any names but they're are a few who think it's Sherman Haters vs. Thompson Haters

It's at the point where it's ridiculous. Sometimes I forget we all root for the same team.

I personally support Sherman and Thompson, I think Sherman shouldn't have necesssarily gotten fired and that Ted Thompson knows mostly what he's doing at GM

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our Defense didn't play bad? 24 points in the first half? It's amazing the bright spots you can dig up. We held Rudy Johnson to 3 yards a carry? To bad they gave up nearly 5 yards a carry for the whole game.

What you consider us overreacting, I consider it YOU failing to accept reality. This team does not have the skill or talent on either side of the ball to even go .500. It was evident. We got our ***** kicked all over the field by there starters,there backups, and thier backups backups.

It wasn't the scheme that lost us this game, it wasn't some weird twist of fate, it was what it is, a young team of average guys with bargain veterans and no leadership outside of Brett.

OP
OP
T

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Our Defense didn't play bad? 24 points in the first half? It's amazing the bright spots you can dig up. We held Rudy Johnson to 3 yards a carry? To bad they gave up nearly 5 yards a carry for the whole game.

What you consider us overreacting, I consider it YOU failing to accept reality. This team does not have the skill or talent on either side of the ball to even go .500. It was evident. We got our ***** kicked all over the field by there starters,there backups, and thier backups backups.

It wasn't the scheme that lost us this game, it wasn't some weird twist of fate, it was what it is, a young team of average guys with bargain veterans and no leadership outside of Brett.

I said that our D wasn't that bad because it wasn't. If Charles Woodson was getting burned every other play we might have held them. It doesn't matter what the Bengals 3rd string is doing against our third string because they will never play. Your saying if we hold the other teams top RB's and then there 2nd and third string do good we are screwed cuz there second and third string are better than ours, so it doesn't matter that we allowed 5 yards a run, cuz most of it was to the backups.

I consider oyu overeacting because idiots like you think now we are going to get the first overall pick or at least get back in the top 10.

The point you have to see is 1) It was one game 2) it was the preseason and 3) Most of the teams we play aren't going to be as good as the Bengals

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
pyledriver80 said:

I said that our D wasn't that bad because it wasn't. If Charles Woodson was getting burned every other play we might have held them. It doesn't matter what the Bengals 3rd string is doing against our third string because they will never play. Your saying if we hold the other teams top RB's and then there 2nd and third string do good we are screwed cuz there second and third string are better than ours, so it doesn't matter that we allowed 5 yards a run, cuz most of it was to the backups.

I consider oyu overeacting because idiots like you think now we are going to get the first overall pick or at least get back in the top 10.

The point you have to see is 1) It was one game 2) it was the preseason and 3) Most of the teams we play aren't going to be as good as the Bengals

I guess you watched a Different game then I did, my fault. The game I saw had Woodson getting burnt, Carrol getting burnt, Manual wearing stone boots, Hawk unable to make plays, Barnett overpursuing and unable to cover anyone, Poppinga and Taylor invisible, KGB falling down, Kamp getting driven back, Pickett getting stood straight up, jenkins making plays....5 yards downfield, Collins doing his best impression of Manual.......BUT......Al Harris shut down CJ......Rejoice!

Quit using the preseason excuse, every coach in the NFL admits that game 3 is a dres reheasal for the regular season. Find me a coach that downplays the importance of Game 3. It was our starters period. The Packers gave up 24 points in the first quarter. It was far from only Woodson. It was the whole team. The Bengalswere averaging 4 yards a carry in the first half.

Tell me HOW this team is going to get better by week 1. Whats going to be different?

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Tell me HOW this team is going to get better by week 1. Whats going to be different"?

you saw how they played in week one. they did pretty good. the starters played 40% of the game.

they can be a great team IF they stop makeing mistakes.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
"Tell me HOW this team is going to get better by week 1. Whats going to be different"?

you saw how they played in week one. they did pretty good. the starters played 40% of the game.

they can be a great team IF they stop makeing mistakes.

I think you mean week 2. The difference is, unlike the Falcons, the Bengals took away the short quick passing game. Take that away and what do we do? Can't run the ball, don't have time to protect for Deeper routes, where do we go?

Maybe all 16 teams we play this year won't figure that out.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

Yes, the defense played bad. I agree with you there, as I was puzzled by that comment as well. But if the Packers are as bad as they looked against the Bengals, how do you explain their 38-10 win over the Falcons? They did get some tipped balls, but they clearly outplayed the Falcons.

The reality is probably somewhere in between those two games. I think this team will both embarrass us and make us proud at various times this season. They are young and they are going to be inconsistent. It's going to be a wild ride.

Reaction score
ENOUGH! If you think people having a different view makes them idiots, then your the biggest idiot of the bunch.

You wanna make something of this loss, you have every right too.

You think this game wasn't important? Great, you have every right too.

TBH cool it, and relax. This is a forum for different ideas to be discussed respectfully.

If others wanna take it to an attacking level of those who see things differently, you can watch as I delete the posts containing this trash and lock every thread you start with such non-sense.

Grow up.

*LOCKED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts