Steelers & packers connection

iamfirmin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bleacher Report has a great article CONNECTION THE DOTS
GREEN BAY PACKERS VS PGH STEELERS.. you have to read it,,, if u are from one of the states...

GREAT ARTICLE.. I AM FROM PGH.AND MY HUBBY IS FROM WI.. SO WE ARE HOPING FOR A GREEN BAY VS STEELERS
SUPERBOWL!

Also connected is(x steeler) KEVIN GREENE outside liner coach for the PACK..

AND KUHN played for PGH 2006

ANTHONY SMITH PLAYED W STEELERS

TOM CLEMENTS quarterback coach-- BORN IN MCKEES ROCKS

BEN MCADOO - tight end coach BORN OUTSIDE OF PGH

Darren Perry - played for steelers coach d back coach

.AOLWebSuite .AOLPicturesFullSizeLink { height: 1px; width: 1px; overflow: hidden; } .AOLWebSuite a {color:blue; text-decoration: underline; cursor: pointer} .AOLWebSuite a.hsSig {cursor: default}

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To expand upon Kevin Green, he also played for **** Lebeau and Dom Capers when Capers was part of the Steelers coaching staff.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Pittsburgh and I want no part of the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Partially because I know their fans will make my life a living heck for two weeks, and beyond of course if we were to lose. Also because Rapistberger (as I now refer to him as) always converts seemingly every 3rd-and-long. I called "miracle completion" right before his 3rd-and-19 52-yard pass yesterday. And also because of the phenomenon known as "Steelers luck." They are so lucky it isn't funny. You watch, today the Jets will pull out a win just so the Steelers get a home AFC Championship Game, while the Patriots would have a much better shot at beating the Steelers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you look at every team closely I think you will find all sorts of 6 degrees connections.
So I don't think the Armpits/Packers one is anything really all that unique.

OP
OP
I

iamfirmin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packerfan... APPARENTLY YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL.
LUCK .. has nothing to do with Steeler football.
for that matter .. PACKER FOOTBALL..

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers were one of the worst teams in nfl history up until the 70s. Nothing like the packers history.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Steelers were one of the worst teams in nfl history up until the 70s. Nothing like the packers history.

Oh boy, I bleed green & gold, but perhaps you need a bit of a history lesson. In the pre -Lombardi era, the Packers pretty much stank the joint up for 15 years, winning their last title in 1945. Lombardi had that amazing run from 1959 - 1967 and then the Packers pretty much sucked during the 1970's, ( ok, there was the '72 team that made the playoffs) right up and into the early 90's. Yea, we were one of the worse teams with 4-12, 6-10 records during that time.

Yea, us old time Packer Fans have paid our dues...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh boy, I bleed green & gold, but perhaps you need a bit of a history lesson. In the pre -Lombardi era, the Packers pretty much stank the joint up for 15 years, winning their last title in 1945. Lombardi had that amazing run from 1959 - 1967 and then the Packers pretty much sucked during the 1970's, ( ok, there was the '72 team that made the playoffs) right up and into the early 90's. Yea, we were one of the worse teams with 4-12, 6-10 records during that time.

Yea, us old time Packer Fans have paid our dues...

Wow I found your post insulting and ignorant. Not really sure how you could even debate it. Packers won 11 titles pre 1970. Steelers didnt win their first til 74. Pretty cut and dry.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I live in Pittsburgh and I want no part of the Steelers in the Super Bowl. Partially because I know their fans will make my life a living heck for two weeks, and beyond of course if we were to lose. Also because Rapistberger (as I now refer to him as) always converts seemingly every 3rd-and-long. I called "miracle completion" right before his 3rd-and-19 52-yard pass yesterday. And also because of the phenomenon known as "Steelers luck." They are so lucky it isn't funny. You watch, today the Jets will pull out a win just so the Steelers get a home AFC Championship Game, while the Patriots would have a much better shot at beating the Steelers.

Its pretty funny reading your post, cause I feel the exact same way about the bears. Living near chicago i obviously have to deal with bears fans and media, and its amazing how lucky they've been this year (as most non-bears fans would agree). Heck they have practically no injuries, and of coarse they would get the seahawks at home-one of the worst playoff teams historically. It'll be interesting to see if the steelers get lucky and get a home game against the jets like your predicting.

Members online

No members online now.