Steeler Fans Visitors! Why do you believe Steelers win?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I agree

KNOCK this **** off about the **** crap..I am sick of seeing it

Now as far as Wallace having more speed than anyone..

Shields is the same speed or faster..Doesnt mean he can cover him, we will see..

But That int Shields had right before half vs the Bears? He was running with Knox...Whom I think is pretty fast as well...Wallace is around 4.28-4.3 (reports I posted in another area) Knox is 4.3 .

Shields 4.20 to 4.28

Again doesnt mean Shields can cover..

But if you have watched the games this boy can play...He has had only ONE...YES ONE penalty all year, and that was vs Atlanta in the playoffs..

And for a rookie at his position, to have only one penalty, speaks volumes to me..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep, I do have a stat. The Steelers are #1 in the NFL at dumping the QB. Do you know what that means? I means they get to the QB better than ANY other team in the NFL.

Packers are #2 with 47, Pitt #1 with 48

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trust me Steeler fans act like the Lombardi is their rite to passage every ******* year. Like I care what you ****** bandwagon fans think? Seriously we are in this too, and you should respect us plain and simple. But hey you are downplaying the Packers after last years debacle. Thats okay keep acting cocky.

T

TMC

Now as far as Wallace having more speed than anyone..

Shields is the same speed or faster..Doesnt mean he can cover him, we will see..

But That int Shields had right before half vs the Bears? He was running with Knox...Whom I think is pretty fast as well...Wallace is around 4.28-4.3 (reports I posted in another area) Knox is 4.3 .

Shields 4.20 to 4.28

Again doesnt mean Shields can cover..

But if you have watched the games this boy can play...He has had only ONE...YES ONE penalty all year, and that was vs Atlanta in the playoffs..

And for a rookie at his position, to have only one penalty, speaks volumes to me..

Wallace does not have more speed than anyone. According to the NFL Network, in their draft coverage, the three fastest times ever ran by players was Deion Sanders, Chris Johnson (RB, Tenn), and then Mike Wallace.

According to Gil Brandt, Shields 40-time at his Pro Day was 4.30-4.33. Now, that is fast. No question about it. Wallace did not run at his Pro Day after getting locked in with a 4.28 at the combine. But, word from the guys he trains with is that is high.

The combine number I have on Knox is a 4.34. But, Wallace has exploded this season as a complete receiver. Hey, I hope you single cover him with Shields. He spanked Cromartie. He had Revis beaten last week but Ben lacked the arm to get it there. I hope you do single cover the kid. He is the most exciting receiver the Steelers have had since Swanny.

T

TMC

Trust me Steeler fans act like the Lombardi is their rite to passage every ******* year. Like I care what you ****** bandwagon fans think? Seriously we are in this too, and you should respect us plain and simple. But hey you are downplaying the Packers after last years debacle. Thats okay keep acting cocky.

Glad you could add to the intellectual discussion and stay away from flaming.

I hope to match football intellect with you.

T

TMC

Packers are #2 with 47, Pitt #1 with 48

Yes, they are. I have no doubt that if Ben cannot work away from your pressure it could be an issue.

The question was asked why I think the Steelers can get pressure on Rodgers. Stating you are #2 in rushing the passer is not the correct answer. We are the best in the NFL at dropping the QB with the best OLB tandem in the game. And, our ILBs are not so bad at doing it either.

Furthermore, as I have shown, Rodgers gets markedly worse when hit, Ben does not.

There are a few keys in this game. They are:
1-Can the Packers stop the Steelers rushing attack without over committing their safeties?
2-Can the Steelers pressure Rodgers?
3-Can the Packers put Roethlisberger on the ground and keep him from making plays?
4-Will the Steelers special teams kill them or help them?

How those 4 play out will determine this game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wallace does not have more speed than anyone. According to the NFL Network, in their draft coverage, the three fastest times ever ran by players was Deion Sanders, Chris Johnson (RB, Tenn), and then Mike Wallace.

According to Gil Brandt, Shields 40-time at his Pro Day was 4.30-4.33. Now, that is fast. No question about it. Wallace did not run at his Pro Day after getting locked in with a 4.28 at the combine. But, word from the guys he trains with is that is high.

The combine number I have on Knox is a 4.34. But, Wallace has exploded this season as a complete receiver. Hey, I hope you single cover him with Shields. He spanked Cromartie. He had Revis beaten last week but Ben lacked the arm to get it there. I hope you do single cover the kid. He is the most exciting receiver the Steelers have had since Swanny.

Sam Shields, Miami (Fla.), NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

40-YARD DASH
1 Sam Shields 4.20

The Fastest 40 Yard Dash Ever | Gridironstuds.com Blog

Shields 4.25

Player Bio: Sam Shields - HurricaneSports.com - The University of Miami Official Athletic Site

Fastest Hurricane with a 4.20 40-yard dash time ... Made move to defensive back in spring 2009 after spending first three seasons as a wide receiver ... Shined as a gunner on special teams in 2008 and was named UM's Special Teams Player of the Year.

Not going to argue anymore...

They both are fast

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, they are. I have no doubt that if Ben cannot work away from your pressure it could be an issue.

The question was asked why I think the Steelers can get pressure on Rodgers. Stating you are #2 in rushing the passer is not the correct answer. We are the best in the NFL at dropping the QB with the best OLB tandem in the game. And, our ILBs are not so bad at doing it either.

Furthermore, as I have shown, Rodgers gets markedly worse when hit, Ben does not.

There are a few keys in this game. They are:
1-Can the Packers stop the Steelers rushing attack without over committing their safeties?
2-Can the Steelers pressure Rodgers?
3-Can the Packers put Roethlisberger on the ground and keep him from making plays?
4-Will the Steelers special teams kill them or help them?

How those 4 play out will determine this game.

I wasnt answering a question, just pointing out Steelers and Pack are #1 and 2 with sacks..

And wouldnt any q/b be worse if your hitting him?

1-During the playoffs our D has stepped up 100% in stopping the run..Just watch the games, that was my biggest concern going into the playoffs..But they surprised me..As of right now, I dont worry about stopping the run

2-They will pressure him, it is if they can hang onto him and not let him escape..

3- Yes they will...They had 5 last year, I expect nothing but similar resutls

4-The same can be said for us...However during playoffs, and two times to Hester they stopped Hester from doing anything

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dont forget our D is WAY WAY different then the last year meeting..Last time Chillar? Bigby? Jones? Barnett IMO those were weak links...

to prove that therory...Since they havent been in, our D is so much more physical and dont allow to many scores..

So dont under estimate our defense..I am watching the replay...And just amazed at how much better our D is now..

Our offense line is prob 50% than last year as well..I think we run block better now then we have during middle of season..

Just dont think Pitt will have a cake walk, might be surprised

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL - Look at that QB rating in the Metrodome. I'm in for a treat if I can get tix to the next Vikings home game (I've lived near Minneapolis for the last six years.)

Sorry, it's OT but I couldn't resist. The--problems--the Vikings have are always amusing (and usually frustrating.)

On topic.. The key is pressuring Rodgers a LOT, and I'm also starting to believe it's going to take some heroics on Pittsburgh's offense along with a complete lack of mistakes and mental breakdowns.

The more I read about the Packer's performance, the less confident I get--and I started from a 50/50 perspective. I'm getting too hyped for this game if that's possible.

Steeler Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont forget our D is WAY WAY different then the last year meeting..Last time Chillar? Bigby? Jones? Barnett IMO those were weak links...

to prove that therory...Since they havent been in, our D is so much more physical and dont allow to many scores..

So dont under estimate our defense..I am watching the replay...And just amazed at how much better our D is now..

Our offense line is prob 50% than last year as well..I think we run block better now then we have during middle of season..

First of all I'd like to state that the game played between these 2 teams last year doesn't mean squat. They are both different teams than they were a year ago. That should be obvious since they are both playing in the SB this year and didn't come close last year.

The next thing is any Steeler fan who thinks this game will be a cake walk hasn't followed the Steelers this year. You only have to go as far back as last week to see they can turn a rout into a blood pressure raising experience. Besides, the Packers are too good of a team to think anyone is going to run away in a game against them. These guys have gone on the road and beat 3 very good teams. They have to be very proud of that and it should give them confidence going into the SB.

The Steelers should be feeling pretty good about themselves also. They were generally picked to finish 3rd in the division but have parlayed an "us against the world" mentality into another SB appearance. It was not easy for them because they went through a stretch of games where they weren't sure if they could tackle the guy with the ball or not.

Here is my breakdown of the game:

Pack running game vs Steeler run D - big advantage Steelers
Pack passing game vs Steeler pass D - advantage Pack
Steeler running game vs Pack D - slight advantage Steelers
Steeler passing game vs Pack pass D - advantage Pack
Special Teams play - advantage Pack

I think the game might come down to the play making ability of our QBs. Ben might have a slight advantage in this because he has been there before and done that where it is Rodgers first time in the big game and he hasn't developed the rep of clutch play like Ben has. This doesn't mean he hasn't or can't do it. It just means he isn't perceived that way.

I think it is going to be a great game between 2 fantastic organizations and teams. :happy0005:

P.S. Thanks for the terrible towel emoticon. :happy:

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said this in another post,but the Q.Bs are very good A-Rod likes to hold the ball to long at times,witch causes a sack then you have big Ben who doesn't like to take sacks and does that throw he likes as he is going down,at times one of his guys gets it,other times the other team does I like our chances here because our d-line,will take it to the house on one of those plays.steelers have some very good players,but so does that pack and the difference is some of the packer players want it bad because they may not come back to a s.b witch will give the pack an edge.

T

TMC

I get that your defense has changed. I have downloaded some recent games to get a better feel for the Packers. I do know this though, statistically, your defense is only marginally better this season than it was last season. Overall it is better, but your rush defense is drastically worse.

Now, if you just look at the playoffs, your rush defense is ranked 2nd of all the teams in the playoffs, but your pass defense has fallen to 7th. The three teams you faced do not have elite QBs either. Vick had a great year, but if you were ranking the Top 5 QBs in the game, he would not even get consideration. Neither would Jay Cutler. Ryan may get consideration, but not much. Still, the Bears threw for 230 plus yards with the 3rd stringer doing the heavy lifting. Vick hit 292. And, as for Ryan, either the stage was too big or your defense shut him down. Not sure which, I have it ready to watch, just have not done it yet.

Now, I also realize that the #2 ranked pass defense in the playoffs is the Steelers. Granted they did not face elite QBs either, but ask a Raven fan and Flacco is the second coming.....and Jets fans told us that Sanchez was the best young QB ever because he made the AFC Championship game twice in his first two seasons. I'll pause so you can laugh at them too. Rodgers is light years better than those two goofs. I get that, but I also get that after Tom Brady sliced up the Steelers defense, **** LeBeau made coverage changes that he has NEVER used before. He realized that teams knew where to attack, especially teams like the Pats, and he had to change. The Steelers were ranked 25th in the NFL at that time. Over the last 8 weeks, they had the #1 ranked pass defense in the NFL allowing 165 yards per game and climbed to 12th for the season.

People vastly under rate the abilities of the Steelers secondary. Furthermore, they are a completely different animal when Troy Polamalu is healthy. I have complete confidence that they will grind your running game to a halt. They have done it 18 games in a row. In the past 18 games, the Steelers have allowed 1 player to break 80 yards (Green-Ellis) and only two teams have had more than 80 yards rushing (Pats and Jets).

So, it all will boil down to our secondary being able to make a play on first or second down to keep the Packers in long down and distances so they can use their pass package.

I do have to admit watching the Packers-Giants game today. I am sure the Steelers are pretty flattered because when I watched your defense, I recognized the schemes immediately. I see the 2 down linemen on 3rd with 4-6 guys milling around the line of scrimmage. Love the drop of Raji in the Bears game. Those are all LeBeau ideas that other DCs have pilfered over time, and I can fully understand why Capers uses it since he was the defensive coordinator when LeBeau brought the idea in and they began to run it.

I also love the idea that Kevin Greene, our former LOLB who interned with the Steelers in 2008 before being hired by the Packers, is your OLB coach. Darren Perry was a DB for us and a coach.

So, I have a lot of respect for the Packers. Not too familiar with the offensive coaches, but I always liked Capers, Greene, and Perry and they have brought our philosophy to the Pack. I think this will be a hard fought game. I simply think it tilts our way because we have more balance on offense, a more dominating defense, and experience on the biggest stage.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Download the last 2 months

dont bother with anything before that

if your looking at anything prior to last 2 months your wasting your time

AndyRussell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, the Pack is about to enter a crucible forged in the AFC North. This is a different sort of football. One that expects a punch in the face and gives two back. One that exposes weaklings and never lets them off the hook. Good luck.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen, the Pack is about to enter a crucible forged in the AFC North. This is a different sort of football. One that expects a punch in the face and gives two back. One that exposes weaklings and never lets them off the hook. Good luck.

you are the definition of HOMER

pittguy578

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure if they are going to win..I know it will be a good game..I know I won't be upset if the Steelers lose..
The Steelers have had enough success to keep me happy..
I know they will be in the hunt nearly every year with Big Ben.

pittguy578

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that your defense has changed. I have downloaded some recent games to get a better feel for the Packers. I do know this though, statistically, your defense is only marginally better this season than it was last season. Overall it is better, but your rush defense is drastically worse.

Now, if you just look at the playoffs, your rush defense is ranked 2nd of all the teams in the playoffs, but your pass defense has fallen to 7th. The three teams you faced do not have elite QBs either. Vick had a great year, but if you were ranking the Top 5 QBs in the game, he would not even get consideration. Neither would Jay Cutler. Ryan may get consideration, but not much. Still, the Bears threw for 230 plus yards with the 3rd stringer doing the heavy lifting. Vick hit 292. And, as for Ryan, either the stage was too big or your defense shut him down. Not sure which, I have it ready to watch, just have not done it yet.

Now, I also realize that the #2 ranked pass defense in the playoffs is the Steelers. Granted they did not face elite QBs either, but ask a Raven fan and Flacco is the second coming.....and Jets fans told us that Sanchez was the best young QB ever because he made the AFC Championship game twice in his first two seasons. I'll pause so you can laugh at them too. Rodgers is light years better than those two goofs. I get that, but I also get that after Tom Brady sliced up the Steelers defense, **** LeBeau made coverage changes that he has NEVER used before. He realized that teams knew where to attack, especially teams like the Pats, and he had to change. The Steelers were ranked 25th in the NFL at that time. Over the last 8 weeks, they had the #1 ranked pass defense in the NFL allowing 165 yards per game and climbed to 12th for the season.

People vastly under rate the abilities of the Steelers secondary. Furthermore, they are a completely different animal when Troy Polamalu is healthy. I have complete confidence that they will grind your running game to a halt. They have done it 18 games in a row. In the past 18 games, the Steelers have allowed 1 player to break 80 yards (Green-Ellis) and only two teams have had more than 80 yards rushing (Pats and Jets).

So, it all will boil down to our secondary being able to make a play on first or second down to keep the Packers in long down and distances so they can use their pass package.

I do have to admit watching the Packers-Giants game today. I am sure the Steelers are pretty flattered because when I watched your defense, I recognized the schemes immediately. I see the 2 down linemen on 3rd with 4-6 guys milling around the line of scrimmage. Love the drop of Raji in the Bears game. Those are all LeBeau ideas that other DCs have pilfered over time, and I can fully understand why Capers uses it since he was the defensive coordinator when LeBeau brought the idea in and they began to run it.

I also love the idea that Kevin Greene, our former LOLB who interned with the Steelers in 2008 before being hired by the Packers, is your OLB coach. Darren Perry was a DB for us and a coach.

So, I have a lot of respect for the Packers. Not too familiar with the offensive coaches, but I always liked Capers, Greene, and Perry and they have brought our philosophy to the Pack. I think this will be a hard fought game. I simply think it tilts our way because we have more balance on offense, a more dominating defense, and experience on the biggest stage.

I am a Steelers fan. I am not sure what the heck happened to us in the second half of the AFC championship game. Our pass defense looked horrible...

I do know for a fact it was "intentional" i.e. go into a prevent..let the Jets have drives, but it backfired and the Steelers nearly lost. They need to step it up if they are going to beat the Pack. Aaron Rodgers is a lot better than Sanchez..

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

If you "expose weaklings", and then a team like the Pats comes along and exposes you, what do you call that? Just a bad day at the office, or what?

Sounds like you've already forgotten you're beatable.

We may win this thing, we may not - but believe me, we hear this sort of talk all the time (Chicago, Philly, you name it - everybody is just so badass). It's all a bunch of clicks and buzzes at this point.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's o.k. to be a homer. But you should be doing it on your own web site--not here. It's really very irritating.

T

TMC

I am a Steelers fan. I am not sure what the heck happened to us in the second half of the AFC championship game. Our pass defense looked horrible...

I do know for a fact it was "intentional" i.e. go into a prevent..let the Jets have drives, but it backfired and the Steelers nearly lost. They need to step it up if they are going to beat the Pack. Aaron Rodgers is a lot better than Sanchez..

Well, the Jets did not actually rip the defense apart. If you recall, it was 24-3 at the half. Now, in November, the Steelers changed the secondary coverages adding in more press man coverage instead of the off-man and off-zone they had been playing. In fact, even in zone, they give more man looks now. But, on the first drive of the second half, Ike was in man coverage on Santonio Holmes and he slipped down. Holmes puts his head down, runs for the endzone, and throws his hand up. It was a blown coverage because Ike fell. Clark was covering the other side because they gave run action and could not recover. It was a blown play and the Jets made them pay.

Then, the Steelers backed out of that coverage scheme. They were determined to not give up another easy seven up by 14. The next drive was 3 and out. Then, time is running down, the Jets are getting desperate. They convert a 4th and 1, get inside the 10, and get stuffed. The Steelers offense then fumbles the snap for a safety and put the defense right back on the field. The Jets start at midfield and drive for a score. That was it.

They had one blown play and two decent drives, on resulting in a score. And, both long drives were against soft zone to protect against the big play. They were forced to **** and dunk and eat clock to move, which is exactly what the Steelers wanted.

The key will be how the Steelers pass defense holds early. If Rodgers comes out the gate chewing them up, they are probably in trouble all game.

Members online

Latest posts