Steeler Fans Visitors! Why do you believe Steelers win?

Black and Gold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ziggy Hood has filled in pretty well for Smith; no real letdown there.

I think you have to breakdown D.

DL: Packers (Jenkins, Pickett and Raji > Smith, Kiesel and Hapton)
LB: Steelers (Matthews > Harrison, but Woodley = Harrison, we don't have 2 guys like that. ILBs also little advantage Steelers)
DBs: Packers (Polamalu is great, but so is reigning DPOY Woodson. So wash. Then, Collins > Clark, Williams > Taylor, Shields > McFadden, Peprah > Gay. Yes, I know, I compared a S with a CB).

And about injuries, you can't be serious. The Packers have record setting, all time games missed by starters injuries.
You have, what? OL? Smith missed time?

Cullen Jenkins missed a lot of time. Matthews missed time. Rodgers missed time. And those guys are playing.

I'd be inclined to rate the D-lines equally. Both teams do very well against the rush (Pitt #1, GB #2). Green Bay's line is better about getting after QBs for sure, but Pittsburgh's pressure usually comes from other areas (sack totals are nearly identical in the regular season.)

DBs: Green Bay - A healthy Polamalu is an x-factor (7 ints and excellent closing speed), but Charles Woodson isn't a slouch and Tramon Williams has been playing out of his mind. You're right to bring Gay into the discussion because he's probably going to be on the field a lot.

LBs: Steelers - I said elsewhere that Matthews might be a big difference maker against Roethlisberger scrambling.

Overall... Man, these D's are so close. It's going to come down to big plays and mistakes. What a great matchup!
Injuries.. Sure, you can have that crown. I hope Green Bay's injuries have a bigger effect than Pittsburgh's. :happy0005:

T

TMC

Since it was asked why I think the Steelers will win, I will give my assessment. I am not going to compare James Harrison and Matthews....because they simply won't face each other and it is silly to make that type of comparison when you are looking at matchups, and matchups win games, not who has more stars. I will state it is pretty funny for someone to make the blanket statement that Matthew is better since Matthews will need 13.5 sacks next season to post what Harrison has done in the past 3 and Harrison almost doubles his total tackles. But, anyway....here is the way I see it.

The Steelers defense is #1 in the NFL against the run. They are better than the #2 team, the Packers, by 28.7 yards per game. That is a significant number. That is roughly 30% better against the run than the 2nd best team. When you factor in the Packers are not a great running team, it means the Steelers defense should be able to make the Packers one dimensional pretty quickly. Then, when you are forced to pass, the Steelers have the best OLB tandem in the NFL and your tackles are struggling to keep Rodgers clean. Rodgers can run when he is flushed, but if we learned anything from the Bears game, if you pop him, he will start missing. So, I do not think your offense can run effectively against the Steelers and the key to this game will be how quickly the Steelers defense can get to Rodgers. I also wonder how well your interior guys handle the cross blitzes and inside games the Steelers like to employ. The Steelers won't be able to stay with the Packers wide receivers in man coverage, so I would expect them to work more out of the zone schemes (triangles, cover 1, cover 3, etc). In order for Rodgers to beat that consistently, he will have to show a ton of patience and take the short stuff play after play. If he gets greedy, he will get burned.

As for the Steelers offense, it is so difficult to defend because they have turned into an offense that will take what is given. The Jets showed that they had a weakness against the run. The Steelers said prior to the game that they thought they could run on the Jets. They did. I think blocking Raji in the middle will be a big key. If the Steelers can keep him from blowing Legursky into the backfield, then I think they will squeeze out some yards on the ground. I do not think they will gash them like they did the Jets, but they can get 70-80 yards on 20-25 carries and they will be fine with that. While this production will not be great, it will keep the Packers offense idle on the sideline.

The key in this game will be how well the Steelers throw the football. I have not watched a ton of film on the Packers defense (that comes this week), but if the Packers do not move Matthews around, keeping him at LOLB, that benefits the Steelers. With Pouncey out, the best Steelers OL will be Flozell Adams, who plays RT. I think your ROLB is somewhat weak. You have solid, but not spectacular ILBs. I think the line and Matthews are the threat to sack Ben, and he is so good at extending the play. While I understand the Packers have weapons at receiver, the Steelers have some unheralded players as well. Both rookies, Sanders and Antonio Brown have stepped up huge. Miller is playing out of his mind. And, quite simply, I do not see any corner on the Packers that can handle Mike Wallace without safety help. I have watched a ton of football and his speed is just something else. While the Packers have two good corners, so did the Jets and Ben kept the play alive long enough for the WRs to shake the DBs. No DB will cover a WR forever. The key will be if the Packers can put Ben on the ground and I just do not know if they can. And, 3 sacks, 4 sacks, 6 sacks....the Steelers have had games where Ben has been hit, had his nose broken, gets beaten around, and he does not rattle.

The one back breaker for the Steelers, the special teams coverage blows. If this game is close, the Steelers lack the ability to consistently flip the field with a punter. They allow too many return yards and big gains. Suisham has kicked well for them, but I do not trust him.

How will this game end? Don't know. But, IF the Pack cannot put Ben on the ground and the Steelers start hitting Rodgers, this game should fall our way.

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, the Packers are semi-one dimensional, but on offense, the Packers are better than the Patriots. Proof: We are in the Super Bowl - They are not. We just don't have to throw the ball a million times to outscore the other team when our defense gives up so many points. "the Patriots are the only ones who give us fits". My butt! We had a mediocre pass defense last year and your QB carved us up like a Christmas ham. I guarantee he doesn't do that February 6th. I respect the Steelers defense, but they they will soon be riding their reputation and intimidation factor only in the next year or two. Rodgers is a freak on turf and this game will further prove he is elite. GO PACK GO!

brett2520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"They are better than the #2 team, the Packers, by 28.7 yards per game. That is a significant number." YOU ARE A JOKE! Out of seven possessions, that is only four more yards... think big picture, dude, not just cool stats to prove your point. And Aaron Rodgers is probably the best QB against the blitz - check it out sometime, he is over 100 passer rating regardless of which team blitzes.. get these steelers fans off the site, they are making my brain hurt from doing the thinking for them. Plus, the only difference between Woodson and Palamolu is that Palamolu's hair gets everyone's attention. Woodson has to actually cover people... WHITE HOUSE ON THREE!

AndyRussell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our defense will be too much for Aaron. It's the same old story, some team - usually in the NFC - gets everyone all excited about their offense. Then they play the Steelers.

T

TMC

"They are better than the #2 team, the Packers, by 28.7 yards per game. That is a significant number." YOU ARE A JOKE! Out of seven possessions, that is only four more yards... think big picture, dude, not just cool stats to prove your point. And Aaron Rodgers is probably the best QB against the blitz - check it out sometime, he is over 100 passer rating regardless of which team blitzes.. get these steelers fans off the site, they are making my brain hurt from doing the thinking for them. Plus, the only difference between Woodson and Palamolu is that Palamolu's hair gets everyone's attention. Woodson has to actually cover people... WHITE HOUSE ON THREE!

Where to start. First, I think it is pretty stupid on your part to come into a thread ADDRESSED to the Steeler fans on this board and then cry for them to be removed. How dumb are you? The opening title states: "Steeler Fan Visitors". What exactly did you expect? Der.

Let me also add, and I have to laugh at this, you did not even point out the glaring mistake when I said the Packers were #2. The Bears were #2, not the Packers. The Packers run defense ranked 18th allowing 114.9 yards per game. As for the difference that 28.7 yards per game makes, if the Bears allowed 28.7 more yards per game, they would drop to 20th. If your team allowed 28.7 more yards per game rushing, there would only be 3 teams worse in the NFL. I also have to laugh at you stating it is only 4 yards per drive. That is somewhat funny. If you get stopped on the 4 on 7 consecutive drives and end up with 21 instead of 49 points, it makes a monster difference. That 4 yards on each drive can also be first downs. Or, it could be one huge scoring play on a drive.

Aaron Rodgers is better against the blitz, WHEN it is picked up by the blockers. When teams blitz and he does not get touched, he is excellent with a completion percentage of 66.5%. He has 5 TDs and 1 INT with 8 sacks. BUT, when he is under pressure, his completion percentage drops to 45% with 5 TDs, 1 INT, and 30 sacks. As I stated, the key will be to HIT Rodgers, not just blitz him.

And, I have to laugh out loud about all the Woodson hype. Woodson was a 4.4 to 4.45 guy coming out of college. There is NO way anyone can sell me that he is under 4.5 at 34. Tramon Williams ran a 4.57 at his pro day in 2006. Sam Shields is the only guy you have that even approaches the speed needed to cover Mike Wallace and I will laugh if you place him in man coverage. Your corners will need safety help over the top on Wallace, meaning to pull an 8th man into the box, you either have to man cover Hines Ward or place a single guy on Heath Miller. Either way, I'll take that. If you do not bring an 8th man in the box, the Steelers will roast that porous run defense, you know, like they did the #3 ranked run defense last weekend.

I am not too worried. The Steelers dropped 4 games this season to 4 playoff teams. They lost to the Patriots, Ravens, Jets, and Saints. My team did not fold to eams like the Lions and Redskins and THEN almost get beaten by a 3rd string QB in the playoffs.

You can talk all you want, but the Packers are in the Super Bowl because the Bears offense blows chunks. Cutler is a joke of an NFL QB. The only top 10 defense you faced in the playoffs was the Bears at #9. You will get a taste of how we play soon.

One other point, last year, when the Steelers and Packers played, you had Matthews, Woodson, Williams, and others and Roethlisberger put a 5-spot on your defense. The Pack sacked him 5 times behind a worse line than they have now, and he STILL put up 500 yards.

Still not worried. We have guys that have played under those flashing lights before. You don't.

GoSlash27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IRT the OP:
I believe absolutely that we *can* win this game. We have a competent offense and arguably the best defense in the history of the game. More than anything else, because they've got the leadership in the senior players to roll into this with the correct attitude.
As to whether we "will"? Well... maybe. Maybe not. We'll all find out in a couple weeks.
Whichever way it turns out, I'll be raising a glass to the Green Bay Packers.

Reaction score
Just want to know what your thoughts are about the Superbowl matchup...why do you feel your team will win?

Being a Steelers fan, I'll give it a shot. What is curious to me is the overwhelming belief from both Titletown and the National Media that it will be Green Bay hoisting the Lombardi on Feb. 6. I'm a little confused why people look at Pittsburgh as an underdog in this game. FYI, the Steelers have some great players on their side, not good, great. I'm not positive that the Steelers are going to win, because if I was, I would be a millionare living in Vegas. But before you all start congratulating yourselves remember this: Atlanta, Philly or Chicago, none of them had a clutch QB like Ben. None of them had an all time great safety like Troy. If you guys think those three teams had great defenses, they are like the JV squad when compared to Pittsburgh. I am excited about the game and hope for an all time classic.

On a side note, I have to say that I am a bit disappointed in what I am reading from Packers fans on this site. There seems to be a complete lack of respect for the Steelers team, the city of Pittsburgh, the legacy of the terrible towel and the great fans of Steeler nation. I would think that the one fan base that would appreciate what the Steelers mean to the NFL would be Packers fans, but I guess I was wrong. I know a few loudmouths don't represent the entire fan base and that internet message boards bring out the loons (I see it at Steelers sites as well). Oh well, my two cents. GOOD luck to the Pack and may the best team win!

I know I don't disrespect your team. This will be the packers toughest game. Why disrespect all the teams we beat. You act like they were all bums. There is going to a time when Big Ben's luck runs out. Im not saying he lucky everytime but there is going to be a defense that is not going to allow him to make those plays

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is better against the blitz, WHEN it is picked up by the blockers. When teams blitz and he does not get touched, he is excellent with a completion percentage of 66.5%. He has 5 TDs and 1 INT with 8 sacks. BUT, when he is under pressure, his completion percentage drops to 45% with 5 TDs, 1 INT, and 30 sacks. As I stated, the key will be to HIT Rodgers, not just blitz him.

And, I have to laugh out loud about all the Woodson hype. Woodson was a 4.4 to 4.45 guy coming out of college. There is NO way anyone can sell me that he is under 4.5 at 34. Tramon Williams ran a 4.57 at his pro day in 2006. Sam Shields is the only guy you have that even approaches the speed needed to cover Mike Wallace and I will laugh if you place him in man coverage. Your corners will need safety help over the top on Wallace, meaning to pull an 8th man into the box, you either have to man cover Hines Ward or place a single guy on Heath Miller. Either way, I'll take that. If you do not bring an 8th man in the box, the Steelers will roast that porous run defense, you know, like they did the #3 ranked run defense last weekend.

I am not too worried. The Steelers dropped 4 games this season to 4 playoff teams. They lost to the Patriots, Ravens, Jets, and Saints. My team did not fold to eams like the Lions and Redskins and THEN almost get beaten by a 3rd string QB in the playoffs.

You can talk all you want, but the Packers are in the Super Bowl because the Bears offense blows chunks. Cutler is a joke of an NFL QB. The only top 10 defense you faced in the playoffs was the Bears at #9. You will get a taste of how we play soon.

One other point, last year, when the Steelers and Packers played, you had Matthews, Woodson, Williams, and others and Roethlisberger put a 5-spot on your defense. The Pack sacked him 5 times behind a worse line than they have now, and he STILL put up 500 yards.

Still not worried. We have guys that have played under those flashing lights before. You don't.
Where to begin II: Stats are for losers. I'm not going to debate the stats you bring out, Packers have never won at New York on the road, but they did this year, Atlanta has a superb home record, but the Pack beat them there too.
So you say Rodgers is 66.4 when he's under pressure but also 45 when he's under pressure, saying that if it gets home to him. Wouldn't a 3rd grader be able to figure that out?
The key here is to get to him right? What makes you think, or do you have a stat to think your team can get to him when others can't?
Woodson hype? He's last year's DPOY and it's hype? You talk about times speed on a straight track. You know, real fans know if you are familiar with the game, really know your assignment and trends you can react quicker, it's called game speed and I doubt you understand stat-man. It's nice to have speed but there's always someone on the other side with the same speed, i.e. Sam Shields, the difference is how to use it. So laugh if we use Shields in coverage in Wallace, the Bears did too and they got their azzes torched.
Putting more guys into the box doesn't help the passing defense goof. It's run support when you do that, so I think you're a little unbalanced on your football 101.
So have fun imagining, you're pretty confident which makes it all the more gratifying you'll be the first to blow a gasket when we win.
I know about last year's game, we weren't totally there yet, but watch Williams and Shields INT your tough guy dude. It's a new Packers team you're facing this year. Oh, Raji and the rest or our line has another year in the 3-4. It's our 2nd, how about you?
Better start thinking about excuses now, Big Rapeisburger will thank you.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where to start. First, I think it is pretty stupid on your part to come into a thread ADDRESSED to the Steeler fans on this board and then cry for them to be removed. How dumb are you? The opening title states: "Steeler Fan Visitors". What exactly did you expect? Der.

Let me also add, and I have to laugh at this, you did not even point out the glaring mistake when I said the Packers were #2. The Bears were #2, not the Packers. The Packers run defense ranked 18th allowing 114.9 yards per game. As for the difference that 28.7 yards per game makes, if the Bears allowed 28.7 more yards per game, they would drop to 20th. If your team allowed 28.7 more yards per game rushing, there would only be 3 teams worse in the NFL. I also have to laugh at you stating it is only 4 yards per drive. That is somewhat funny. If you get stopped on the 4 on 7 consecutive drives and end up with 21 instead of 49 points, it makes a monster difference. That 4 yards on each drive can also be first downs. Or, it could be one huge scoring play on a drive.

And, I have to laugh out loud about all the Woodson hype.
Woodson was a 4.4 to 4.45 guy coming out of college. There is NO way anyone can sell me that he is under 4.5 at 34. Tramon Williams ran a 4.57 at his pro day in 2006. Sam Shields is the only guy you have that even approaches the speed needed to cover Mike Wallace and I will laugh if you place him in man coverage. Your corners will need safety help over the top on Wallace, meaning to pull an 8th man into the box, you either have to man cover Hines Ward or place a single guy on Heath Miller. Either way, I'll take that. If you do not bring an 8th man in the box, the Steelers will roast that porous run defense, you know, like they did the #3 ranked run defense last weekend.

first of all packer-forum newbie, don't insult the posters here, show some respect

sounds like you should be calling up NFL Sirius and talking to Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin, they'd love to hear your fanatic analysis and fantastic stats...look we know the Steelers are a great team, but ever year is a new year, every year you have different players so you can't be hanging on last year's games, a year where we were TRANSITIONING to a 3-4 defense

so many of those losses we had against weak teams we lost GAME-CHANGING contributors during that game, ie: SKINS: we lost Matthews & Finley LIONS: Rodgers gets knocked out of the game (while we were completely one-dimensional) oh BTW, didn't you nearly lose to the Bills?

It's playoff football, records & stats of the regular season don't mean diddly-poo, and I guarantee this being the 3rd Steeler Appearance in a Super Bowl in 6 years, this Packers team is the best team they have faced in a Super Bowl yet.

What QB isn't better against the blitz when it's picked up by blockers? You're not telling us anything new here...putting pressure on a QB is pretty common knowledge for a winning defensive formula...trust me BIG BEN can make plenty of mistakes when pressured

a taste of how "we" play soon, you strapping on your pads too?

"we have guys that have played under those flashing lights before"???????????????....yo guess what, after the coin flips, it's a football game, it's not the super bowl, it's a game...flashing lights? steelers know how to play under flashing lights...are you trying to tell me the other 31 teams in the NFL don't know how? C'MON MAN! WAKE UP!

you're not "too" worried...haha

3rd string QB, did they beat us? NOPE...what was the BEARS score when Cutler was in there and when he left....ZERO!

bla bla bla bla defense bla bla bla...this JV comparison with the D's we've faced I find very amusing...Flacco, Sanchez, were the 2 QB's the steelers beat in the playoffs, right? oh yea, they are sooo good lol

this is one of the MOST BIASED posts I've ever read

PS: I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME (NOT SUPERBOWL, GAME!)

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score

honestly, this post puts a HUGE smile on my face...LOL...I love it I can't get enough STEELERS FANS, GIMME MORE!!!! LOL

JeromeBettis63

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree armand...i came in here expecting class, football knowledge and tradition...i am very excited about this great match-up between two teams with awesome tradition that had great seasons...but instead it feels just like visiting the bottom feeders in the baltimore ravens forum...totally disappointing. This is not expecting kisses and hugs in a rival forum, just the class and tradition we THOUGHT your team and town represented. I can tell you this...Steeler fans are NOT trashing your players and town and organization just because you are the opponent in this SB. As to the game...my biggest concern is Rogers spreading out our D and throwing over the middle. But if the pass rush gets there, and i believe it will, then we can neutralize this Packer strength. Ben has proven himself on the big stage. Intangibles often decide big games like this and the Steelers have quietly been on a mission this season...those who follow them know this...they have the same fire as '08. The X's and O's can be debated twenty different ways...but the heart of this Steeler team, its veteran savvy and the long road the Pack has had to travel are all going to add up to a hard fought Steeler victory.

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Totally agree armand...i came in here expecting class, football knowledge and tradition...i am very excited about this great match-up between two teams with awesome tradition that had great seasons...but instead it feels just like visiting the bottom feeders in the baltimore ravens forum...totally disappointing. This is not expecting kisses and hugs in a rival forum, just the class and tradition we THOUGHT your team and town represented. I can tell you this...Steeler fans are NOT trashing your players and town and organization just because you are the opponent in this SB. As to the game...my biggest concern is Rogers spreading out our D and throwing over the middle. But if the pass rush gets there, and i believe it will, then we can neutralize this Packer strength. Ben has proven himself on the big stage. Intangibles often decide big games like this and the Steelers have quietly been on a mission this season...those who follow them know this...they have the same fire as '08. The X's and O's can be debated twenty different ways...but the heart of this Steeler team, its veteran savvy and the long road the Pack has had to travel are all going to add up to a hard fought Steeler victory.

you taking that to vegas?

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey I'd be over-confident too if the Packers won 2 Super-bowls on their way to their 3rd Appearance in 6 seasons...this whole knock on the class of Packers fan...you really can't judge that on a website. BTW how classy is it to post something as negative as this
but instead it feels just like visiting the bottom feeders in the baltimore ravens forum...totally disappointing.
is that a class act?

JeromeBettis63

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. I dont gamble. And I dont pump my chest out and act like..."theres no way the Packers can win."...However, this forum is cracking me up...because Packer fans are acting like they have a divine right to this title...kind of reminds me of all the talk we heard from the ravens, "its our turn"....until we beat them...and the Jets. "can't wait...we going to the AFC game again and this time were gonna win,"...until we beat them. The Steelers are he most complete team in this game, they have the most experience in big games and there are just certain things they will do....run the ball...stop GB run and pressure the QB...and Ben may go down a few times, but he will also make big plays, especially at crucial times. Now, its the NFL, funny things happen in games and of course, the Pack could get the ball to bounce their way a few times and win. But it will take funny bounces....

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. I dont gamble. And I dont pump my chest out and act like..."theres no way the Packers can win."...However, this forum is cracking me up...because Packer fans are acting like they have a divine right to this title...kind of reminds me of all the talk we heard from the ravens, "its our turn"....until we beat them...and the Jets. "can't wait...we going to the AFC game again and this time were gonna win,"...until we beat them. The Steelers are he most complete team in this game, they have the most experience in big games and there are just certain things they will do....run the ball...stop GB run and pressure the QB...and Ben may go down a few times, but he will also make big plays, especially at crucial times. Now, its the NFL, funny things happen in games and of course, the Pack could get the ball to bounce their way a few times and win. But it will take funny bounces....

so the only way the Packers can win, according to you, is the ball is going to need to bounce a few funny times in favor of the Packers...the Packers can't beat the Steelers w/o help...is that what your saying?

JeromeBettis63

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pretty much...if the Steelers play up to their capability...they will win...but its the NFL...the Seahawks just beat the Saints....so you never know.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers can run when he is flushed, but if we learned anything from the Bears game, if you pop him, he will start missing.\

Really? Your aware that after the Peppers hit, he tossed 5 passes? 2 were caught, one was a lazer dart slant..2 were dropped by our TE and only ONE was a horrible pass.

The issue was his banged up shoulder on the TD run..Not from being hit

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
One other point, last year, when the Steelers and Packers played, you had Matthews, Woodson, Williams, and others and Roethlisberger put a 5-spot on your defense.

"And others" = Josh Bell and J. Bush, two 3rd stringers forced into play due to injuries in 2009. Bell is now gone and Bush only on ST now. Packer defense is dramatically better this year. Not sure what your point is?

And Ben certainly put a 5-spot on us last year. That's a fact. But, it still took a last play TD to overcome a 6 point deficit and earn the win.

And, you aren't worried? Ok...

I don't understand why having your QB experienced at dealing with police car flashing lights is an advantage here? Or are you talking about stadium lights? :happy0005:

Seriously, I agree that past SB experience will bring a significant advantage to the Steelers. But, I don't think the Packer squad is just going to stand there staring at the TV cameras all game long either.

For all the chest thumping and trash talking that is going on, it's likely going to be a good close game. Maybe the odds tip in favor of one team or the other (I say it tips in favor of the Steelers), but it is not much.

T

TMC

So you say Rodgers is 66.4 when he's under pressure but also 45 when he's under pressure, saying that if it gets home to him. Wouldn't a 3rd grader be able to figure that out?

No, that is NOT what I said. I stated he was 66.4% when BLITZED, but it drops to 45% when he gets pressured. Just because someone blitzes does not mean they get there. What this shows is, IF the Pack can pick up the blitz, Rodgers is VERY good. If they do not, he is toast.

But, I guess you need to be smarter than a 3rd grader to understand the difference between getting blitzed and getting pressured.

The key here is to get to him right? What makes you think, or do you have a stat to think your team can get to him when others can't?

Yep, I do have a stat. The Steelers are #1 in the NFL at dumping the QB. Do you know what that means? I means they get to the QB better than ANY other team in the NFL.

Woodson hype? He's last year's DPOY and it's hype? You talk about times speed on a straight track. You know, real fans know if you are familiar with the game, really know your assignment and trends you can react quicker, it's called game speed and I doubt you understand stat-man. It's nice to have speed but there's always someone on the other side with the same speed, i.e. Sam Shields, the difference is how to use it. So laugh if we use Shields in coverage in Wallace, the Bears did too and they got their azzes torched.

I cannot tell you how many times fans have laughed at Wallace prior to the game stating they had someone with "game speed" that can match up. Then, if they play him one on one, he burns them. In the playoffs, the Ravens AND Jets have rolled the safety over the top of him, putting TWO players on him. I hope Capers thinks he can cover him with a single corner. I truly do. I cannot wait for this 2nd year WR to take the vaunted DPOY behind the woodshed. In fact, let your corners switch off. Give each of them a try at one on one coverage. We could use 3 easy scores.

Putting more guys into the box doesn't help the passing defense goof. It's run support when you do that, so I think you're a little unbalanced on your football 101.
So have fun imagining, you're pretty confident which makes it all the more gratifying you'll be the first to blow a gasket when we win.

I never stated it did. Do you really struggle that badly with reading comprehension. I stated you cannot cover Wallace with one man, meaning he will draw safety help over the top. Therefore, if you pull the safety into the box to help stop the run, it gives man coverage on Hines Ward or Heath Miller, therefore helping the passing game. If you keep the safety out of the box, the Steelers will cram the football down your throat all day long. You did not become a middle of the road rush defense by accident, you failed at it pretty hard.

I know about last year's game, we weren't totally there yet, but watch Williams and Shields INT your tough guy dude. It's a new Packers team you're facing this year. Oh, Raji and the rest or our line has another year in the 3-4. It's our 2nd, how about you?

Yep, and the Steelers collapsed last year....still beat you though. I wonder where your DC came from, who he learned the zone blitz scheme from, and if the Steelers know its weaknesses. Wow, two whole years of running the 3-4. Amazing. You do realize that the Steelers ARE the team that kept the 3-4 alive...right? It was only 6-7 years ago when the Steelers were the ONLY team in the NFL that ran this defense. Quite frankly, you are just a knockoff and desire to be what we are. The Steelers defense sets the standard for the 3-4 and is the prototype for the zone blitz. For all you think you are developing in a defense, the Steelers ARE.

See, we know all about the fire drops, triangle zones behind, areas of weakness, what to throw and what not to throw, and how to attack that defense. Why? Because **** LeBeau invented it.

Better start thinking about excuses now, Big Rapeisburger will thank you.

Ahhh, here come the ****** stuff. How quickly Pack fans forget about Chmura. LMAO. Did you cheer for him in the Super Bowl? Is your daughter his baby sitter? I guess you can sling it now that Farve has finished jilting you. Did Farve learn how to photo his junk in Green Bay? He didn't? Oh, he just showed it in person up there. I bet that endeared him to you boys. But, before you go all squeaky clean, how is Johnny Jolly doing?

If you want to devolve this into ****** smack, I can give it as well. I'll stop here because this is not the smack forum.

T

TMC

first of all packer-forum newbie, don't insult the posters here, show some respect

sounds like you should be calling up NFL Sirius and talking to Tim Ryan and Pat Kirwin, they'd love to hear your fanatic analysis and fantastic stats...look we know the Steelers are a great team, but ever year is a new year, every year you have different players so you can't be hanging on last year's games, a year where we were TRANSITIONING to a 3-4 defense

so many of those losses we had against weak teams we lost GAME-CHANGING contributors during that game, ie: SKINS: we lost Matthews & Finley LIONS: Rodgers gets knocked out of the game (while we were completely one-dimensional) oh BTW, didn't you nearly lose to the Bills?

It's playoff football, records & stats of the regular season don't mean diddly-poo, and I guarantee this being the 3rd Steeler Appearance in a Super Bowl in 6 years, this Packers team is the best team they have faced in a Super Bowl yet.

What QB isn't better against the blitz when it's picked up by blockers? You're not telling us anything new here...putting pressure on a QB is pretty common knowledge for a winning defensive formula...trust me BIG BEN can make plenty of mistakes when pressured

a taste of how "we" play soon, you strapping on your pads too?

"we have guys that have played under those flashing lights before"???????????????....yo guess what, after the coin flips, it's a football game, it's not the super bowl, it's a game...flashing lights? steelers know how to play under flashing lights...are you trying to tell me the other 31 teams in the NFL don't know how? C'MON MAN! WAKE UP!

you're not "too" worried...haha

3rd string QB, did they beat us? NOPE...what was the BEARS score when Cutler was in there and when he left....ZERO!

bla bla bla bla defense bla bla bla...this JV comparison with the D's we've faced I find very amusing...Flacco, Sanchez, were the 2 QB's the steelers beat in the playoffs, right? oh yea, they are sooo good lol

this is one of the MOST BIASED posts I've ever read

PS: I CANT WAIT FOR THIS GAME (NOT SUPERBOWL, GAME!)

In order to get respect, you have to give it. Jumping off calling someone a joke is not the way to start.

Yes, we NEARLY lost to the Bills. NEARLY. You lost to the Lions and Skins. Not nearly. You lost.

And, regular seasons stats may not mean poo to you, but they mean plenty. See, you are what you do. If you go through 16 games and allow 116 yards on the ground PER GAME, that is what you are. Harry Potter did not cast the Runnis Stopperis spell on your defense. It is what you are. Just because you made the playoffs did not magically transform your defense. Could you play better than that? Sure. That 116 is not your high OR you low, it is the average. You could stop them at 50 yards or you could give up 175. But, over 16 games, your run defense is average, nothing to get excited about.

If you do not know the difference between the Super Bowl, the buildup, the hype, the week of distractions, and the game itself, thinking it is just another game, I can't help you. LMAO, that you try to sell it is just another game.

Rodgers completion percentage drops 20 points when the pressure gets there. Ben Roethlisberger's drops 2.6 points when pressured and goes UP 3.4 points when he gets hit. Why? Because he slips tackles and makes BIG plays after.

I find it pretty funny that the OP asks why Steeler fans think they will win and then other posters get upset when they answer.

T

TMC

"And others" = Josh Bell and J. Bush, two 3rd stringers forced into play due to injuries in 2009. Bell is now gone and Bush only on ST now. Packer defense is dramatically better this year. Not sure what your point is?

And Ben certainly put a 5-spot on us last year. That's a fact. But, it still took a last play TD to overcome a 6 point deficit and earn the win.

And, you aren't worried? Ok...

Yeah, because my defense was not in utter shambles last year. I mean, you did miss Aaron Smith with a guy that is no longer in football starting for him. Tyrone Carter replaced Polamalu. Gay was a disaster as a starter. Joe Burnett was the extra DB and he was released. Sure, the Steelers were at full speed.

I don't understand why having your QB experienced at dealing with police car flashing lights is an advantage here? Or are you talking about stadium lights? :happy0005:

Oh, that ****** stuff cuts me deep. I had not heard that before. As I said earlier, how is Johnny Jolly doing? Was your trainer able to get enough pain killers since Jolly was busted? I mean, he has to be doping your guys up....like he did Farve...you have a pretty long history of your players getting hooked on drugs. It has to be an organizational thing.

Would you like to continue?

Members online

Latest posts