Steeler Fans Visitors! Why do you believe Steelers win?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You Steeler fans are so hung up on this Super Bowl experience garbage. You ask any player that's played in a Super Bowl, and they all say that once the opening kickoff is in the air, that much-touted Super Bowl experience crap goes completely out the window. Just because you Steeler fans say it's important doesn't make it important, but you can sure keep on trying.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
You Steeler fans are so hung up on this Super Bowl experience garbage. You ask any player that's played in a Super Bowl, and they all say that once the opening kickoff is in the air, that much-touted Super Bowl experience crap goes completely out the window. Just because you Steeler fans say it's important doesn't make it important, but you can sure keep on trying.

I agree with you.

Also - there's the experience factor, and then there's the hunger factor. I think we have the edge on latter, especially after watching the Pro Bowl debacle and knowing our guys got snubbed, and seeing what The Claybeast™ went through today with the mis-reporting of the DPOY story.

I don't know about those guys, but it sure as h--- makes ME want it more. Between that stuff, wanting it for Driver and Wood...I want this bad for the Packers. I can only imagine how much they want it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The point is not the quality of defense per se, but the style. Green Bay has a tremendous defense, with the one weakness being run defense (#28; 4.6 YPA). .

Why are you sticking to the season yards per carry?

Look at last 5 game,s thats a TREND..

We shut down the running games of the top 10 offenses in the playoffs when it matters...but we suck at the run defense???

As we all know our D wasnt as good as it has been in last 5 or 6 games

I cant effing wait for this game!!

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
With the experience factor in play, I'm amazed tbat Super Bowl I wasn't a tie, since neither team had played in one before. :pilot:

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a Steelers fan, I'll give it a shot. What is curious to me is the overwhelming belief from both Titletown and the National Media that it will be Green Bay hoisting the Lombardi on Feb. 6. I'm a little confused why people look at Pittsburgh as an underdog in this game. FYI, the Steelers have some great players on their side, not good, great. I'm not positive that the Steelers are going to win, because if I was, I would be a millionare living in Vegas. But before you all start congratulating yourselves remember this: Atlanta, Philly or Chicago, none of them had a clutch QB like Ben. None of them had an all time great safety like Troy. If you guys think those three teams had great defenses, they are like the JV squad when compared to Pittsburgh. I am excited about the game and hope for an all time classic.

posted by Armand34

Let me speak for myself and myself only,

Great players on the Packers, you don't think there is any? LOL I don't have to name any names, they are superstars

I'm not congratulating myself, I don't think any Packers fan is, I think as Packers fans we are excited as hell we get to face the Steelers the only team that I'd want to face b/c it would be that much more gratifying to win a Superbowl against the Steelers

JV Squad Defense, not the first time I've heard this comparison before, guess what? all those defenses you've faced..got nothing on ours

It's going to be a good game, but I'll tell you exactly why Pittsburgh will own 7 Lombardi trophies when it's over.

The Packers do not have a running game. If you do not have a balanced offense and some threat of a running game, the Steelers defense will eat you up (with the exception of New England, they are the only team who is one dimensional that routinely gives us fits). The Packers offense is predictable, and the Steelers D is going to make things very difficult for Rodgers. He had a big day last year, but it was against an injury marred Pittsburgh D. It's completely different with number 43 in there, and our secondary is overall better than in 2009.

Pittsburgh's running game is also greatly improved over last season, as well as the offensive line. We beat the same Packers team in 2009 (barely), as a 9-7 team. I expect a much improved Steelers team to be able to control the ball and keep the dangerous Packer offense on the sidelines watching.

I don't think it's going to be a high scoring game, and I do believe it will be close. At the end of the day though, the Steelers are just the better team. The Packers will be back, as they have good young core and will only get better from this experience.

The Eagles, Falcons, and Bears are nothing like our defense. If you thought Urlacher and Peppers were tough, wait until you see Harrision, Woodley, Farrior, Timmons, Polamalu, and big snack Hampton.

Props to winning those road games though, we know just how tough it is. We were the first to do it.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Our defense will be too much for Aaron. It's the same old story, some team - usually in the NFC - gets everyone all excited about their offense. Then they play the Steelers.

posted by my favorite Steeler fan TMC

And, I have to laugh out loud about all the Woodson hype. Woodson was a 4.4 to 4.45 guy coming out of college. There is NO way anyone can sell me that he is under 4.5 at 34. Tramon Williams ran a 4.57 at his pro day in 2006. Sam Shields is the only guy you have that even approaches the speed needed to cover Mike Wallace and I will laugh if you place him in man coverage. Your corners will need safety help over the top on Wallace, meaning to pull an 8th man into the box, you either have to man cover Hines Ward or place a single guy on Heath Miller. Either way, I'll take that. If you do not bring an 8th man in the box, the Steelers will roast that porous run defense, you know, like they did the #3 ranked run defense last weekend.

I am not too worried. The Steelers dropped 4 games this season to 4 playoff teams. They lost to the Patriots, Ravens, Jets, and Saints. My team did not fold to eams like the Lions and Redskins and THEN almost get beaten by a 3rd string QB in the playoffs.

You can talk all you want, but the Packers are in the Super Bowl because the Bears offense blows chunks. Cutler is a joke of an NFL QB. The only top 10 defense you faced in the playoffs was the Bears at #9. You will get a taste of how we play soon.

One other point, last year, when the Steelers and Packers played, you had Matthews, Woodson, Williams, and others and Roethlisberger put a 5-spot on your defense. The Pack sacked him 5 times behind a worse line than they have now, and he STILL put up 500 yards.

Still not worried. We have guys that have played under those flashing lights before. You don't.

People vastly under rate the abilities of the Steelers secondary. Furthermore, they are a completely different animal when Troy Polamalu is healthy. I have complete confidence that they will grind your running game to a halt. They have done it 18 games in a row. In the past 18 games, the Steelers have allowed 1 player to break 80 yards (Green-Ellis) and only two teams have had more than 80 yards rushing (Pats and Jets).

I believe absolutely that we *can* win this game. We have a competent offense and arguably the best defense in the history of the game. More than anything else, because they've got the leadership in the senior players to roll into this with the correct attitude.

I feel our D will prove just too much for your offense.Stopping the run and chasing rodgers around will get real old come 3rd quarter and your O line will be gasping.Also having no super bowl experience is huge.Former players that have been in multiple super bowls say it is almost impossible to get any sleep the week leading up to the game.Once you have been through it,next time around things settle down.

there are some real gems in this thread, I hope many of you guys get a chance to read and enjoy these posts that I had a small hand in by making up the thread...enjoy, I definitely am!

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where to start. First, I think it is pretty stupid on your part to come into a thread ADDRESSED to the Steeler fans on this board and then cry for them to be removed. How dumb are you? The opening title states: "Steeler Fan Visitors". What exactly did you expect? Der.

Let me also add, and I have to laugh at this, you did not even point out the glaring mistake when I said the Packers were #2. The Bears were #2, not the Packers. The Packers run defense ranked 18th allowing 114.9 yards per game. As for the difference that 28.7 yards per game makes, if the Bears allowed 28.7 more yards per game, they would drop to 20th. If your team allowed 28.7 more yards per game rushing, there would only be 3 teams worse in the NFL. I also have to laugh at you stating it is only 4 yards per drive. That is somewhat funny. If you get stopped on the 4 on 7 consecutive drives and end up with 21 instead of 49 points, it makes a monster difference. That 4 yards on each drive can also be first downs. Or, it could be one huge scoring play on a drive.

Aaron Rodgers is better against the blitz, WHEN it is picked up by the blockers. When teams blitz and he does not get touched, he is excellent with a completion percentage of 66.5%. He has 5 TDs and 1 INT with 8 sacks. BUT, when he is under pressure, his completion percentage drops to 45% with 5 TDs, 1 INT, and 30 sacks. As I stated, the key will be to HIT Rodgers, not just blitz him.

And, I have to laugh out loud about all the Woodson hype. Woodson was a 4.4 to 4.45 guy coming out of college. There is NO way anyone can sell me that he is under 4.5 at 34. Tramon Williams ran a 4.57 at his pro day in 2006. Sam Shields is the only guy you have that even approaches the speed needed to cover Mike Wallace and I will laugh if you place him in man coverage. Your corners will need safety help over the top on Wallace, meaning to pull an 8th man into the box, you either have to man cover Hines Ward or place a single guy on Heath Miller. Either way, I'll take that. If you do not bring an 8th man in the box, the Steelers will roast that porous run defense, you know, like they did the #3 ranked run defense last weekend.

I am not too worried. The Steelers dropped 4 games this season to 4 playoff teams. They lost to the Patriots, Ravens, Jets, and Saints. My team did not fold to eams like the Lions and Redskins and THEN almost get beaten by a 3rd string QB in the playoffs.

You can talk all you want, but the Packers are in the Super Bowl because the Bears offense blows chunks. Cutler is a joke of an NFL QB. The only top 10 defense you faced in the playoffs was the Bears at #9. You will get a taste of how we play soon.

One other point, last year, when the Steelers and Packers played, you had Matthews, Woodson, Williams, and others and Roethlisberger put a 5-spot on your defense. The Pack sacked him 5 times behind a worse line than they have now, and he STILL put up 500 yards.

Still not worried. We have guys that have played under those flashing lights before. You don't.

it's so much fun reading these, I LOVE IT thank you TMC!!!

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
but if the pass rush gets there, and i believe it will, then we can neutralize this packer strength. Ben has proven himself on the big stage. Intangibles often decide big games like this and the steelers have quietly been on a mission this season...those who follow them know this...they have the same fire as '08. The x's and o's can be debated twenty different ways...but the heart of this steeler team, its veteran savvy and the long road the pack has had to travel are all going to add up to a hard fought steeler victory.

i guess not!

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The three teams you faced do not have elite QBs either. Vick had a great year, but if you were ranking the Top 5 QBs in the game, he would not even get consideration. Neither would Jay Cutler. Ryan may get consideration, but not much. Still, the Bears threw for 230 plus yards with the 3rd stringer doing the heavy lifting. Vick hit 292. And, as for Ryan, either the stage was too big or your defense shut him down. Not sure which, I have it ready to watch, just have not done it yet.

MVP CONSIDERATION TMC! hello?!?! are you blind?

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked the experience is the biggest factor, so Pitt would win

I love this thread, this is one of the most enjoyable threads to read (partially cause I started it) but reading it now (cause of the damn lockout, what else can i do) is so so sweet

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel our D will prove just too much for your offense.Stopping the run and chasing rodgers around will get real old come 3rd quarter and your O line will be gasping.Also having no super bowl experience is huge.Former players that have been in multiple super bowls say it is almost impossible to get any sleep the week leading up to the game.Once you have been through it,next time around things settle down.

Obviously not

Obviously not, and how scary are we now to you...with that kind of mentality...we now have a SUPERBOWL MVP and a SUPERBOWL WINNING TEAM, primarily built through the draft, & THE SECOND YOUNGEST team in the NFL

where do you get this information...your ***?

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jarrett Bush owns Big Ben.

HAHAHA

one of my Favorite posts is from the TMC guy and goes something like this....

"when you're facing an opponent the first thing you do is look at your strengths and their weaknesses"

why yes that is true, but you can't ignore YOUR weaknesses is either, which is why I responded to this dude over and over b/c he was completely BIASED

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score
Wow can't believe none of them came back here to post some more diarrhea of the mouth....Like how the refs cost them the game or that there were to many lights of the turf was bad or ben didn't get the chance do have his pre game ****......

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
went to the Indy 500 this weekend and got into it with a Steelers fan, in steelers gear. He said "I dont know how you can even call yourselves titletown anyways, easy to win when there is 6 teams in the league."

"So whats Pittsburgs excuse then for sucking for 30 years? Are you mad we dominated while you sucked?"

"What are you talking about?!?! the Steelers werent in the league til the late 50s!"

"Well if there ever was any question about who has the smartest fans.... Actually the Steelers started in 33, so again, whats their excuse? We dominated the league with and without the steelers. 13 titles, and you can call them whatever you want, either way it ends with us as the greatest franchise in NFL history."

..."watever"...

OP
OP
armand34

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
went to the Indy 500 this weekend and got into it with a Steelers fan, in steelers gear. He said "I dont know how you can even call yourselves titletown anyways, easy to win when there is 6 teams in the league."

"So whats Pittsburgs excuse then for sucking for 30 years? Are you mad we dominated while you sucked?"

"What are you talking about?!?! the Steelers werent in the league til the late 50s!"

"Well if there ever was any question about who has the smartest fans.... Actually the Steelers started in 33, so again, whats their excuse? We dominated the league with and without the steelers. 13 titles, and you can call them whatever you want, either way it ends with us as the greatest franchise in NFL history."

..."watever"...

That's awesome, ivo. Puts a huge smile on my face. :)

sent from my rooted evo4g

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score

..."watever"...
Right, perfect venue to discuss it too. Does Rick Mears win in the current crop of drivers? I dunno, but he was pretty dammed good when nobody else was doing it. Does Mario win a few more if his team was better?
It seems fans want to ignore the past. I figure it this way....
that was the NFL and the Packers won more, the Bears, Giants and so on had their chance. Still, nobody has more so how do you negate that?
Championships define you. Not players but teams. I still think Dan Marino is an all time 5 best but his championships argue against it. Right or wrong, winning championships is what it's about. Packers have all time record, 'nuff said.

Members online