Steal 1 player from any other team

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate Revis, but to get the best cover-CB in football, added to this defense that just bolstered it's DL and OLB position?
Allows Tramon & Shields to cover one-down, and Woodson to freestyle more.
That would be dangerously good. We could be the first defense to go from worst to first in one year, in pass defense.

The only thing our offense might need could be a left tackle, if Newhouse doesn't improve leaps & bounds from last year.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
So let's say one day Rodger Goodell calls up TT and says, "The Packers are obviously the best franchise in the NFL, so as a reward, you can choose any one player on any team, and he'll be the newest member of the Packers!" Let's not worry about the Salary Cap or anything either.

I had two front-runners come to mind:
1. Calvin Johnson. Can you imagine him the the Packers offense? Downright frightening. Plus it would seriously hurt the Lions to lose him. Win-win!
2. Darrelle Revis. Best CB on the planet, a semi-need position, put him on one side of the field and you won't have to worry about any QB throwing over there anymore.

Gun to my head, I'd go with Revis. Packers need D more than O, and Revis is less injury prone.

Who would you want the Packers to take??
Not Revis. He's a gr8 player but no way! Besides I don't think TT would put up w/him

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
My top 3 choices would be JPP,Patrick Willis or Julius Peppers. I know he's a Bear but he's good

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson... Steal someone from inside the division PLUS between Rodgers accuracy and Johnson's size, say hello to 60 points a game.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope someone pulls this thread up in 5 years and sees who had the best choice.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maurice Jones-Drew really wants out of Jacksonville. Badly. Poor guy.
He has no QB at all, terrible WR's, a bad offensive system, etc.
Some people claim they are trying to run that organization into the ground, sag attendence (it's bad already), and then pick up & move the franchize to LA, or even be the first to go to London, which is just across the pond.

Anyway, how would MJD look in a Packer uniform? Pocket Hercules.

By the way, I am assuming he'd play out the remaining 2 years on his contract as he would be tickled pink to become a Packer. Ironic thing is he was in that same draft with AJ Hawk, Reggie Bush, Mario Williams, Vernon Davis.

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With who we drafted (trusting that TT picked up some players that will turn into solid everyday players, Perry Worthy, Daniels, Hayward) I don't know how someone could go with anything but LT, ILB, or less important a RB.

Based on this I would say my number one is Patrick Willis, or Joe Thomas cannot decide between the two of them. If I were going on talent and age regardless of position I would say Von Miller, but based on the way the team drafted this year (Perry for other ROLB and Worthy and Daniels for pass rushing linemen) and glaring weaknesses still on this team Willis replacing Hawk and Thomas replacing Newhouse are my top 2.

H

HardRightEdge

Von Miller, Pat Willis, LeSean McCoy, Calais Campbell, Joe Thomas

As you might have guessed, I'm not yet sold on the additions to the front 7 this off season.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Ryan.Freakin.Clady.
Arian Foster
Russell Wilson
Patrick Willis
Nnamdi Asamougha
Tyvon Branch
Haloti Ngata
Calvin Johnson Jr.
The Pouncey Twins.
Aaron Hernandez

Honorable mention to the McCourty twins and the Fitz

PackersandPokemon

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would go with JJ Watt. Might be biased since he grew up/went to high school 20 minutes away from where I am, and then went to the best university ever (On Wisconsin!), but he's a young guy and he's only gonna get better. Our pass rush declined after Cullen Jenkins left; if Watt took his place, teams couldn't manage double-teaming him and Matthews.

The idea of having Darren Sproles in the backfield is highly tempting, though.

thepackers1fan4

Pack attack 4 ever!
Reaction score
I'd definitely take a defensive player because we have a killer offense! so probably Darrelle Revis, Ed Reed or maybe even Brian Dawkins.

Members online

Latest posts